Additional Info on "The Laugh Floor" storyline

dxwwf3

Pongo said:
I think what he meant was that MK shouldn't be geared ONLY towards kids. Much like how MGM has ToT and RnRC.

In the same sense, AE was geared more toward adults and teens, but a few complaints later and they gear it towards children. Which is how the majority of MK is right now.

Yep. I think that MGM is probably the most balanced park right now at WDW.

And yep to the 2nd paragraph as well. So hopefully a few of MY complaints will have a vice versa effect ;)

PurpleDragon

imagineer boy said:
Yeah, that's a big problem that MK is having right now. There are very few attractions that appeal to teens. The only rides that really do are BTMR, Splash, and Space Mtn. That's not nearly enough. And adding Stitch and a Monsters Inc. "comedy house" really isn't helping. And I cringe at some of the WDW commercials where it only shows little kids having fun with their parents, and no teens or young adults in a single one of those commercials. That has been a tributing factor over the years that has led to the misconception that WDW is "just for kids."

I think MGM has the potential to be that part of WDW that is made for teens/young adults/thrill buffs. It already has two of the most thrilling rides on the property. All they need to do is add a couple more e-ticket attractions and MGM would be THE place for thrill junkies, leaving MK or Epcot as areas to stick more or less to the theme of family parks. I think it would really balance out the parks truely giving something for everyone.

dxwwf3

PurpleDragon said:
LMAO I'll have to agree with you there. I have yet to ride SGE, no interest to really. My last few visits I did not see much of a line for SGE at all, which tells me it was not bringing in the crowds they had hoped. They went thru a massive promotion campaign and ended up with minimal results. Yes at first I'm sure the crowds were massive, but now that the hype has cooled down, it doesn't appear the SGE has much reride value. I always thought AE was a far superior attraction but it like SGE was not able to keep a consistant crowd.

Check out my trip report. I saw very similar results.

PurpleDragon said:
I guess we can mark SGE up as one of those mistakes, or Disney missing the mark. :p

Uh-huh

JRawkSteady

PurpleDragon said:
I saw it as a joking response to a somewhat serious discussion, an attempt to lighten the mood. Like I said just relax, don't take things so seriously. :D

Fair enough. If it was a joke then I sincerely apologize.

imagineer boy

It was a HUGE mistake to replace AE. So what if some kids got scared? Their parents ignored the signs. That's their fault. The thing about AE that I really liked, was that it gave a break from the whole kiddie feel of the park. As much as I still do like the MK, I can't help but feel a little "kiddied out" and it makes me wanna go home and watch a violent R rated movie. AE carried out that function for teens, and the Indiana Jones Adventure in DL carries out that function as well.

dxwwf3

PurpleDragon said:
I think MGM has the potential to be that part of WDW that is made for teens/young adults/thrill buffs. It already has two of the most thrilling rides on the property. All they need to do is add a couple more e-ticket attractions and MGM would be THE place for thrill junkies, leaving MK or Epcot as areas to stick more or less to the theme of family parks.

But wouldn't it be great if Midway Mania is something that is thrilling enough for the teens and yet fun and tame enough for kids, EXACTLY like Spider-Man at IOA? That would be fantastic.

dxwwf3

imagineer boy said:
It was a HUGE mistake to replace AE. So what if some kids got scared? Their parents ignored the signs. That's their fault. The thing about AE that I really liked, was that it gave a break from the whole kiddie feel of the park. As much as I still do like the MK, I can't help but feel a little "kiddied out" and it makes me wanna go home and watch a violent R rated movie. AE carried out that function for teens, and the Indiana Jones Adventure in DL carries out that function as well.

Well said imagineer boy :sohappy:

CaptainMichael

Theoretically, SGE could have been a family/wide appeal attraction, but they resulted to using silly kid jokes and poor animation...

It may not be totally lost. They could shut it down and implement a better story and still make use of the Stitch AA.

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
Theoretically, SGE could have been a family/wide appeal attraction, but they resulted to using silly kid jokes and poor animation...

It COULD have been, but it probably wouldn't have been successful either. You can't turn heavy metal music into Kidz Bop and be successful :lookaroun

PurpleDragon

dxwwf3 said:
But wouldn't it be great if Midway Mania is something that is thrilling enough for the teens and yet fun and tame enough for kids, EXACTLY like Spider-Man at IOA? That would be fantastic.

Yes that would be sweet. I would definately spend more time at MGM then. Cause at this point I get to MGM, do RNRC, ToT and then I head to another park. :brick:

imagineer boy

PurpleDragon said:
I think MGM has the potential to be that part of WDW that is made for teens/young adults/thrill buffs. It already has two of the most thrilling rides on the property. All they need to do is add a couple more e-ticket attractions and MGM would be THE place for thrill junkies, leaving MK or Epcot as areas to stick more or less to the theme of family parks. I think it would really balance out the parks truely giving something for everyone.

Well, that's true about MGM. However, each and every single park needs a perfect balance of thrill rides, family rides, and a small giving of kiddie rides. You can't have one park dedicated to one audience. Right now, MGM needs just one more E-ticket ( something like Indy ), and a couple of C and D tickets, like dark rides. The midway mania ride looks very promising.

PurpleDragon

imagineer boy said:
Well, that's true about MGM. However, each and every single park needs a perfect balance of thrill rides, family rides, and a small giving of kiddie rides. You can't have one park dedicated to one audience. Right now, MGM needs just one more E-ticket ( something like Indy ), and a couple of C and D tickets, like dark rides. The midway mania ride looks very promising.

Yes you have a point there, but MGM has absolutely nothing for small children outside of Muppets 3-D, a playground, and a stage show or 2. Which is the exact opposite of MK, with it only having 1 or 2 attractions for older kids. So really its already like that now. :p

dxwwf3

PurpleDragon said:
Yes you have a point there, but MGM has absolutely nothing for small children outside of Muppets 3-D and a stage show or 2. Which is the exact opposite of MK, so its basically like that now. :p

I don't know about that. Muppet Vision, Playhouse Disney, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Honey I Shrunk The Audience Playground, The Magic of Disney Animation, and other indoor and outdoor character meeting areas. I think MGM has lots to do for kids, I think. Sure there could be more things added, but it feels much more balanced than the MK , IMO.

dxwwf3

PurpleDragon said:
Cause at this point I get to MGM, do RNRC, ToT and then I head to another park. :brick:

Aww no :lol:

I still really enjoy Star Tours, Muppet Vision, Great Movie Ride, and a few of the other stage shows as well. And don't forget Fantasmic either, which I feel is by far the best nighttime show at WDW. MGM is a close 2nd as far as parks go for me :wave:

wannab@dis

imagineer boy said:
I see MK as the ultimate family park. Looking at the numbers, it appears they must be doing something right. No offense, but when you get a little older and if you have a family, I'm betting you will change your mind. Then your teenager will feel the need for more thrills and the cycle repeats.

The majority of attractions at MK can be enjoyed by all ages. Just because it doesn't appeal to the teenage demographic doesn't mean there's a problem. In fact, USF has tried for years to appeal to the teens and now they have changed their tune and going after families and kids. :wave:

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:
I see MK as the ultimate family park.

I used to as well.

I think his point is the same as mine. The goal should be to have most attractions suitable for everyone, but if there are plenty of kid only attractions, there should be other adult focused attractions to offset.

imagineer boy

dxwwf3 said:
I don't know about that. Muppet Vision, Playhouse Disney, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Honey I Shrunk The Audience Playground, The Magic of Disney Animation, and other indoor and outdoor character meeting areas. I think MGM has lots to do for kids, IMO.

The thing is, those are mostly shows. Kids will want to go on a ride or two.
Here's what I think MGM do to expand:

Update Star Tours
Add an Indiana Jones attraction similar to the one in DL
Replace WWTBAM? with Midway Mania
Put in the rumored Muppets movie ride
Build more stages, and backlots, and make it an actual working movie studio like it once was before.
Make the backlot tour longer and more exciting. Add more encounters.
Redo the LMAX show to be less boring, and more exciting.

With all that, MGM could be close to perfect. Unless they remove or relocate the hat, and it would be 100% perfect.:lol: :sohappy:

wannab@dis

dxwwf3 said:
I used to as well.

I think his point is the same as mine. The goal should be to have most attractions suitable for everyone, but if there are plenty of kid only attractions, there should be other adult focused attractions to offset.
I'm having difficulty figuring out how most of the attractions at MK are not geared towards everyone. There are really not that many "kiddie only" rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom