Additional Info on "The Laugh Floor" storyline

PurpleDragon

I in no way intended to keep people from posting their opinion. All I was pointing out is when people make statements that make no sense. Like the whole calling the Poohs play place a waste of space and then saying they wanted the lagoon back. The lagoon was a heck of alot more wasted space than the playground.

But considering Fantasyland and Mickys Toon town are both aimed towards the younger demagraphic, putting in various playgrounds is not neccessarily a bad idea. Not saying they are a good idea, I think the pooh playground was a bit of a waste as well, but its a major improvement over that stinky stagnant pool of water.

I appologize if I offended anyone, but I was simply pointing out how silly some people sound when they complain about something they personally don't like. Its one thing to complain but its another to contradict your complaint in the same sentence. Not saying you shouldn't complain, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But don't insult Disney for doing something you don't like or understand. They have many years of experience under their belt so one should trust that they know what they are doing.

Connor002

JRawkSteady said:
K, I'm done with this thread. You guys are right...We do need 3 playgrounds directly next to each other.
Yes... how dare they! Disney is so bad! Look where WDI is headed! Walt would not approve. :(

:lookaroun
JRawkSteady said:
We do need every new attraction to be based on a PIXAR character/movie.
Yes, of course... it's okay for them to use any other movie but a PIXAR movie to base an attraction on...

Now if only someone could come up with a good reason for that claim...

JRawkSteady said:
We don't need any new attractions even though it's a thriving theme park always looking to add and update...
Actually, no. Disney is trying to make money.
Adding and updating are just effects of this...
I'm sorry I had an opinion. From now on I just won't voice it.
Now you're catching on! :lookaroun
JRawkSteady said:
Thanks for playin'. :lookaroun

Timmay

wannab@dis said:
The playground took up a VERY small part of that "valuable" piece of land. There would be no need to move it and there's no need to complain about it.

Of course there is, because we all know that complaints = opinions, and of course all opinions are of equal moral value...regardless of how much thought goes into them.

Connor002

imagineer boy said:
There are some people on these forums that constantly redicule other people's opinions on matters like this, and try to shove their opinions down other people's throats to prove that they're right. Just try to ignore them, and don't let them stop you from posting here.:wave:
There's a difference between an informed opinion and poppycock. :lookaroun

JRawkSteady

Goofybynature said:
I think some people take what people say a little to seriously. For instance when JRawkSteady quoted that the playground was a 'waste of space', the intended point of view was that the area could of been used better rather then its completely pointless, which is the way some people are interpreting it. This space could indeed of been used for a better attraction and probably will be in the future but for the time being it will do to fill a gap.

Thank you very much. Y

ou know, I thought I'd take a look into this board, but it seems that people here are just like Michael Eisner at the last 8-10 years of his run... they only seem to see the money aspect of Disney. Why don't you actually try looking at it through Walt's eyes, he would but himself in financial jeopardy if he knew he could make people happy. But it's ALL about money here. I'll go back to the message boards I normally frequent after this display of flaming. Don't you know? You're not allowed to have an opinion unless it's everyone else's.

Connor002

JRawkSteady said:
Thank you very much. Y

ou know, I thought I'd take a look into this board, but it seems that people here are just like Michael Eisner at the last 8-10 years of his run... they only seem to see the money aspect of Disney. Why don't you actually try looking at it through Walt's eyes, he would but himself in financial jeopardy if he knew he could make people happy. But it's ALL about money here. I'll go back to the message boards I normally frequent after this display of flaming. Don't you know? You're not allowed to have an opinion unless it's everyone else's.
Walt was a businessman, albeit an ingenious one at that...
People seem to forget that.

wannab@dis

JRawkSteady said:
Thank you very much. Y

Nobody is flaming you.... but you do open yourself to debate very easily.

Look at this...
"Why don't you actually try looking at it through Walt's eyes, he would but (put - sic)himself in financial jeopardy if he knew he could make people happy."

That makes absolutely no sense. Financial jeopardy implies no business sense and little or no ability to succeed. It would mean that the parks would not exist for future visits or future generations.

Why do you want immediate reward with no future enjoyment?

CaptainMichael

JRawkSteady said:
Thank you very much. Y

I'm gonna enjoy TLF, PotC, Nemo, MM, etc...I bet Walt would've got a kick out of TLF and MM too. It's not about the money for me, it's about enjoying myself and Disney being successfull. Face it, TK was not making Disney anything, 20k Lagoon wasn't making anything, TLS was practically dead, and crowds at PotC were slowly shrinking. Changes WERE needed.

By the way, Michael Eisner was a good man. Don't let your vision be clouded by the Save Disney crowd.

Timmay

JRawkSteady said:
Thank you very much. Y

Can't see it through Walt's eyes...see, he's dead. I think maybe you suffer from the idea that "profit" is a dirty word. Without funding, how do you supose Disney would be able to do all of the fantastic things they do.

Think outside of the box...it is not all about you.

Tim G

Connor002 said:
Walt was a businessman, albeit an ingenious one at that...
People seem to forget that.
RIGHT!!!

But Walt's days are counted... Pixar made a new hero to take over the joint...

Don't forget, It all started by a mouse (Mickey)

And ends with another mouse... (Ratatouille)

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

Pongo

JRawkSteady said:
Thank you very much. Y

Please don't assume what Walt would do. It's a very different world today than when Walt was alive. No one - not even you - can assume what Walt would do in ANY current day situation.

And as far as the money aspect goes, this site is the largest group of people I've ever seen who couldn't care LESS about money when it comes to Disney parks. They're all about preservation, theme, story, etc. Everything that clashes with money.

You should look around before you judge us all :wave:

Connor002

Corrus said:
RIGHT!!!

But Walt's days are counted... Pixar made a new hero to take over the joint...

Don't forget, It all started by a mouse (Mickey)

And ends with another mouse... (Ratatouille)

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

Hmm... interesting... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:
The playground took up a VERY small part of that "valuable" piece of land. There would be no need to move it and there's no need to complain about it.

I realise that and I personally haven't complained about it, but I can see why some would. I'm sure the playground will continue to be referred to as "temporary" and if a huge E ticket attraction is given the go ahead to be put in that spot, I'm sure the playground would be removed as to not interfere with the theming and what not. But even when that day comes, and there seems to be no need to take out the playground, then more power to them.

JRawkSteady

STR8FAN2005 said:
I'm gonna enjoy TLF, PotC, Nemo, MM, etc...I bet Walt would've got a kick out of TLF and MM too. It's not about the money for me, it's about enjoying myself and Disney being successfull. Face it, TK was not making Disney anything, 20k Lagoon wasn't making anything, TLS was practically dead, and crowds at PotC were slowly shrinking. Changes WERE needed.

By the way, Michael Eisner was a good man. Don't let your vision be clouded by the Save Disney crowd.

See this a very mature response. Thank you.

In terms of Eisner...I don't listen to rumors or crowds... I worked under the man for 5 years. I know his intentions.

wannab@dis

dxwwf3 said:
I realise that and I personally haven't complained about it, but I can see why some would. I'm sure the playground will continue to be referred to as "temporary" and if a huge E ticket attraction is given the go ahead to be put in that spot, I'm sure the playground would be removed as to not interfere with the theming and what not. But even when that day comes, and there seems to be no need to take out the playground, then more power to them.
Oops... I didn't mean to imply that YOU were complaining. I just don't get the selfish attitude that seems to be prevelent on the boards lately.... "I don't like it and it shouldn't be there and it's a waste of space.... blah blah blah" Kind of a depressing way to live if you ask me. :veryconfu

Connor002

JRawkSteady said:
Maybe if "Senior Members" didn't act like children. (and probably are) You're pathetic.

No need to poke at me, I can poke back.
Those who cannot support their opinions tend to slander their critics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom