Adding a little more Magic

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
What do you do to add a little more magic to your trip? We always visit the parks & use the dinning plan for eating at the resort, but we have never taken a tour or even gone to a special after hours party like MNSSHP, which I am thinking about doing sometime. What do you do to have a little extra fun?

MattyFresh

never done a tour, but I know that any of the parties are a must. The crowd is reduced big time and it gives you a lot more time to focus on what you and your family wants to do. Want to ride HM 5 times in a row, go for it. I also like to resort hop on my off days, get to see what places I haven't stayed in and make my wish list for future trips.

Dukeblue1016

I like to try and golf (except its sooooooooo expensive)...

but I also LOVE renting the little boats... I don't know why but I absolutely LOVE those things...

A lot of resort hopping too and just riding on the monorails... taking in Disney World as a WHOLE... rather than just a park... if that makes any sense...

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
I love the idea of the boats. Are they expensive?

I also love the idea of resort hopping. We kind of do this when we dine, and it does add more magic.

I need more ideas.... anyone?

yankspy

I love the idea of the boats. Are they expensive?

I also love the idea of resort hopping. We kind of do this when we dine, and it does add more magic.

I need more ideas.... anyone?
The boats are about thirty dollars for a half an hour. They are well worth it. If you do rent them, be sure and rent them from an MK resort because that area is probably the best to roam around. I have heard about the night vision goggles at AKL. That sounds like fun. Fantasia gardens mini golf is also fun. How about roaming around the Boardwalk. Hope that helps.:wave:

mynonnie

Last year we went to Downtown Disney which we had not done before. The Lego store is incredible.
The Boardwalk at night is also a hoot. There is always a lot of entertainment. They also have bicycles built for 2 that you can rent that are a lot of fun. We also visit Wilderness Lodge for something extra. We've never stayed there because it is a little more difficult to get places but we enjoy going over and walking around, maybe eating breakfast. I think the Boardwalk is my best suggestion. You'll love it!

TwoTigersMom

We love to go to Cirque Du Soliel. I like to jot down where to find Hidden Mickeys at the other resorts or in the restaurants we go to dinner at. We love hanging out on the Boardwalk too. This last trip we decided at the last minute to go fishing. We went from the Y&BC marina and had a blast! It was really cool fishing on the lake inside Epcot at 7am with no one else around.

disney21

The segway tour in Epcot is awesome and a ton of fun! I would recommend it to anyone! also...The spirit of aloha dinner show wasn't that bad - although my family had mixed reviews!:lookaroun:D

sportzfrk480

I dont know how many your bringing and/or all of your ages... but their are many things my family has done in the past. Like others have mentioned... the parties are a must, and the little boats are also a blast. I have to mention the tours too, they are really fun. All of the "behind the scenes" ones are 16+ but there are a couple family ones too that are like a scavenger hunt through the magic kingdom, and stuff.

otherwise some simple ways to spice up the parks cheap might be to hunt for all the hidden mickey's, or any of the other little special things to do in the parks... paint brush hunt on tom sawyer island, try to wake up tink at the gift shop, or finding any of the number of little props that you can play with ("singing in the rain" umbrella at HS), along with many others.

hope these help.

wvdisneyfamily

We just do small things like sit back and watch the fireworks or stop and just breathe it all in. Sometimes adding a little more magic can be just realizing you're in the middle of the magic. :lol:

Philo

The boat's are good fun - had a great time on a 21' sun tracker a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed looking at what's left of river country (not a great view but I've never seen it before).

Learn to Surf lessons at TL were great fun.

The Pirate and Princess Party is wonderful (the reduced crowds and the amazing fireworks shows are worth the ticket price alone)

Although we didn't get round to it this time, renting bikes from WL looked like fun.

For a different meal go to Hoop Dee Doo, We had a great time!

Disneybub

When i took my dad for his 50th birthday, we took the keys to the kingdom tour. We have been many times since our 1st trip in 1993. So this was great to do as we got to go behind the magic.

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
I think that riding bikes would be fun. I have also heard about going to Fort Wilderness to a camp fire story time or something like that. It sounds fun. I think that Chip & Dale are there. Not sure.

We love to hunt for hidden Mickeys!!

Anything else? I think that this could help a lot of us looking for a little more magic!:)

bakemma

We did MNSSHP two years ago, it was very crowded but so much fun! My kids felt totally comfortable wearing their costumes (even our 13 year old) so it was extra Magical for them...great pics too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom