Accident at Disneyland (CA)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I know its not WDW, but its news.

Saw on Fox News that the DL Big Thunder Mountain has been shut down and someone taken away by ambulence because of an incident on the ride. They had a helicopter over the scene.

UncleJeet

Hrmmm, if it was on Fox News then the cause of the accident is undoubtedly the evil hidden liberal agenda of Big Thunder Mountain Doom....

UncleJeet

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
If it was on CNN you could say the same with conservative in its place. I'm searching the web for articles, nothing quite yet.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
"at least 11 injured"

"some kind of locomotive broke loose"

"you can imagine if one of these things was to derail, which is appearantly what happened today"

"one car derailed, 11 people injured"

Those are direct quotes from their last update, appearantly they found out about the incident 45 minutes ago.

bgraham34

That is pretty messed up, I hope no one is seriously hurt. Also how were they able to fly over Disneyland, I thought that airspace was off limits.

dopey

Geez Louise, I'll have to make sure my son doesn't watch the news tonight. He and my wife were on BTMRR in WDW when it stopped during a rainstorm. They were stuck on it for about 10 or 15 minutes in the open while buckets of rain were pouring down. When they got off, they were soaked to the bone and he was crying. I was surprised that nobody at the park even bothered to apologize. Maybe the sponsor of BTMRR should be Amtrak. :)

dopey

Several Are Hurt on Disneyland Ride
26 minutes ago Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

ANAHEIM, Calif. - A locomotive broke loose from a train on Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad attraction Friday, causing several injuries, park officials said.

The accident occurred at 11:20 a.m., said Disneyland spokeswoman Ruthy Flores.

Television helicopters showed a triage unit set up near the ride and one person being wheeled to an ambulance on a stretcher.

dopey

Disneyland Ride Derails, Injuring 11 - Official
11 minutes ago Add U.S. National - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A car on a roller coaster at Disneyland derailed on Friday, injuring 11 people, an Anaheim city official said.

One person on the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was in critical condition and taken to a nearby medical center for treatment, Los Angeles television station KCAL 9 reported.

A spokesman for the Walt Disney Co. park in Anaheim, California confirmed that their had been an accident on the ride but had no details immediately.

"We have a total of 11 injuries and in varying degrees," Anaheim official John Nicoletti said. "The ride has been stabilized." Fire, police and theme park officials were at the scene, he said.

"At this point, all I can confirm is that there was a derailment of one of the cars," he said.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Just caught word on CBS Network at the top of the hour...

"report of 12 injured"

"train jumped the track... a few cars seperated/broke off from the rest of the train"....

The_CEO

I am VERY disapointed in this... This proves that disney has NO maintenance checks. Cause if they checked it this morning. They would of noticed the problems... Sad... Very... They will be sued for millions... Booooooooooooooooooooo To all the Maintenance Crews.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Uhm, they do have maintanence checks ... things can go wrong no matter how well they check, lets wait and see what happened before we pass judgement on what happened, it could be some freak occurance.

I wonder if they shut down BTM at WDW just in case?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Don't be so quick to pass off what you think as fact. If it was just a freak thing, they won't do that. However, if it is a ride flaw, they will need to shut down a lot more than just the BTMs, they will also need to shut down all the Arrow (they are made by Arrow, correct?) rides with the same ride system.

enough

eek! not to sound selfish (tho it is hard with the question i'm about to ask) - anyone have a list of those arrow supplied rides? I head down to WDW in a week and would be really bummed if the majority of the stuff was closed...

...though I understand BTMR at WDW is already closed for rehab, right?

The_CEO

Originally posted by Thrawn
Don't be so quick to pass off what you think as fact. If it was just a freak thing, they won't do that. However, if it is a ride flaw, they will need to shut down a lot more than just the BTMs, they will also need to shut down all the Arrow (they are made by Arrow, correct?) rides with the same ride system.

Considering they will be sued millions, they can't afford anymore failures. It was a ride flaw. I will hit the first person who says it was terrorism.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom