ABC Christmas Day Parade - 'Disney Parks Unforgettable Christmas Celebration' taping schedule

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
For me, there's only one holiday parade. It's a little one in Pasadena that will be 127 years young next year. And Walt was Grand Marshall in 1966. That's the first year we watched it in color, since we got our first color TV the previous summer. Little did we know that December would bring sad news.

Now THAT is a parade!

Next Big Thing

So i've asked around a bit and it would seem the reason the parade did indeed have to do with Nick Cannon being at Universal for the HALO Awards.

I'd expect Cannon to be doing hosting duties this year as the parade is said to have been pushed forward to "accommodate the schedule of the talent".

Last edited:

cindy_k

I plan to be in MK tomorrow. (off from work for Veteran's day) I think they usually do a special flag retreat on Veteran's Day.
Does anyone know if they are doing that this year? or has the taping gotten in the way?

ABQ

I plan to be in MK tomorrow. (off from work for Veteran's day) I think they usually do a special flag retreat on Veteran's Day.
Does anyone know if they are doing that this year? or has the taping gotten in the way?
I have seen the Veteran's Day flag retreat and it was very well done. It would be tragic if something like a parade taping interfered with a wonderful patriotic moment in any way, shape or form.

WhatJaneSays

I have seen the Veteran's Day flag retreat and it was very well done. It would be tragic if something like a parade taping interfered with a wonderful patriotic moment in any way, shape or form.
Filming for the day is generally over before the usual time for the flag retreat.

Texas84

Filming on the hub today with Crystal Palace in the background. Didn't seem to disrupt anything. Sounded like a Disney teen idol lip sync dance act.

nelsonj3

Tori Kelly singing just a few minutes ago. She was pretty good!!

ubZNnj7.jpg

trentino

They had one for 1999...It's on youtube.

Interestingly, the parade footage used in the 1999 parade was actually from 1998. I know this because I appear in the background throughout both the 1998 and 1999 televised parades -- even though I was only there in 1998.

Look for me at 26:31 in the bottom right corner wearing a blue shirt and a backpack. I'm in the middle of the screen at 28:19 and back again in the bottom right corner at 39:13 & 39:41. I'm famous!!

prberk

WSM in Nashville said this morning that Reba McEntire filmed a song yesterday at Walt Disney World for the Christmas special (which the reporter, Jimmie Carter,whom some of you might know from the old Nashville Network, still called a parade). I was a little surprised but glad to see someone like her performing alongside the Disney Channel pop stars.

Last edited:

YodaMan

WSM in Nashville said this morning that Reba McIntire filmed a song yesterday at Walt Disney World for the Christmas special (which the reporter, Jimmie Carter,whom some of you might know from the old Nashville Network, still called a parade). I was a little surprised but glad to see someone like her performing alongside the Disney Channel pop stars.

The full line-up posted was Reba McEntire, Seal, Tori Kelly, Charlie Puth, Charles Perry, Jason DeRulo, Andy Grammar, Arianna Grande, and one more name I can't remember.

brb1006

I heard a rumor that Judy Hopps and Nick from Zootopia we're going to show up for the Christmas Day Parade recording. Which might mark the first time seeing them at the parks. They are planned to start meeting sometime in January of next year or march.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom