ABC Christmas Day Parade - 'Disney Parks Unforgettable Christmas Celebration' taping schedule

prberk

Another thing worth noting was that it was always the "Walt Disney World" Very Merry Christmas (or Happy Easter) Parade, which put it in the right time zone when it was live -- even though they had a pre-recorded segment from Disneyland. It wasn't this all-encompassing "Disney Parks" parade, imagining them all being in the same time zone.

I think that added authenticity (or the appearance of it) then. It had the perfect balance, while having a home base and feeling live. It would be like the Macy's (live) Thanksgiving Day Parade -- with a great kinetic feel, even with a few cut-ins or stops for major performances.

prberk

Dyck Tufeld He says his name during the credits..(Had to change his first name due to blockage)

Are you spelling his first name that way to get past the robot censor? Or is that it for real? (Probably a stupid questions, but leave it to me to ask one.)

COProgressFan

O. M. G.!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for the trip down memory lane. THIS is what I grew up with and shaped my love of WDW. The songs, the dances, that announcer, the parade, the previews of coming attractions!!!!! I feel bad for my parents because I know how unbelievably annoying I was harping on them to call 407-W-Disney to get the planning VHS so we could book our next trip!

I can't even express how much I yearn for something like this type of production to return at Christmas. :cry:

I concur...you summed up my feelings about this perfectly!

prberk

Hanson will be there for Food and Wine! They should get them involved. Would be amazing, plus they can sing the hell out of some Christmas tunes. =)

I didn't realize there was any hell in Christmas tunes... :eek:

Good that they can sing it out, though! :p

By the way, I agree that they are good singers. Not the teeny-boppers that most people think of when they think of them. Much better singers and musicians than they got credit for.

Suzanne Larmark

I didn't realize there was any hell in Christmas tunes... :eek:

Good that they can sing it out, though! :p

By the way, I agree that they are good singers. Not the teeny-boppers that most people think of when they think of them. Much better singers and musicians than they got credit for.

Haha, I should've used a better choice of words now that I look at it. Whoops.

glvsav37

(w/o reading this whole thread) to those trying to compare the classic parade "commercial" vs today's parade 'commercial' can't discount the fact that this is probably the #1 most covered destination spot in the world—podcasts, blogs, and forums like these where we analyze and debate every permit that disney files, and attraction they refer or any little nuance of the parks—every day, all day even if we don't have plans to visit for over a year or more.

I can remember watching some of these old parades in amazement and wonder, bc it was my very limited view into the parks. Everything was new. Very new attraction was magical and even old was were fun to ride along with. Now with YouTube I can sit in my office on a Friday in November and ride the Jungle Cruise as much as I want. Follow anyone who Periscopes the parks and I can walk through main street from my couch.

If we are going to blame anything, blame the amount of connectivity and communication we have and how it has diluted a lot of our expectations and excitedness.

That said....I hate the Macy's Parade b/c it really is one long commercial. "Hi, lets talk to some C-level actor placed in the stands who is in the new drama starting thursday at 8. Oh look a float...ok, nice....lets meet this actor...." Rinse and repeat for 3 hours.

Next Big Thing

Is Nick Cannon hosting this year? Just wondering because him and Walk The Moon (also candidates to be in the parade imo) are at Universal tomorrow taping for Nickelodeon's HALO Awards.

Maybe the schedule got moved up since both will already be in town (and that's just me guessing that Walk The Moon will be involved)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom