ABC Christmas Day Parade - 'Disney Parks Unforgettable Christmas Celebration' taping schedule

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
How much of an impact does this make to the park? We arive on the 9th dose this change how I should plan our MK days?

JohnD

How much of an impact does this make to the park? We arive on the 9th dose this change how I should plan our MK days?

I'm there on the same week. Currently, my plans don't have me in MK during the day on those dates. I'm in MK during the day on the 9th and doing MVMCP the evening of the 10th. I'm thinking it's good that I'm NOT there during the taping of the parade? Crowds will be crazy?

JohnD

Main Street and the castle forecourt area will be congested and closed at times. Day parades and castle shows will be reduced. Outside of that, I wouldn't expect much of an impact.

Is there any reason why I should change my schedule to see it? Is it really so special for me to do that? Or just something to see if you happen to be there.

rtiller

Wait, so they are going to have all of the Christmas decorations up in the park by November 10 then(other than the tree and garland that would be in the way of the taping)? I thought the Fall/Halloween decor was up until mid/late November usually.

dreamfinder

Didn't they do the DLR section really early last year? I seem to recall that being shot around this timeframe.

Wait, so they are going to have all of the Christmas decorations up in the park by November 10 then(other than the tree and garland that would be in the way of the taping)? I thought the Fall/Halloween decor was up until mid/late November usually.

Fall/Halloween usually starts coming down the night after the last MNSSHP. So usually by the 4th/5th it's pretty much all Christmas. They are holding the first MVMCP on the 8th I think, so it needs to be 100% done by then.

JasonDeyoung

It's usually taped first week of December. Park won't be to bad except as stated above on Main Street and the hub area. I'm there nov 5-13 and will be at mk these dates. Not worried at all, I've gone during tapings before

Last edited:

rtiller

Didn't they do the DLR section really early last year? I seem to recall that being shot around this timeframe.

Fall/Halloween usually starts coming down the night after the last MNSSHP. So usually by the 4th/5th it's pretty much all Christmas. They are holding the first MVMCP on the 8th I think, so it needs to be 100% done by then.

Makes sense. I was forgetting the MVMCP started that soon.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Main Street and the castle forecourt area will be congested and closed at times. Day parades and castle shows will be reduced. Outside of that, I wouldn't expect much of an impact.

Sounds great thanks... MDE is acting up so idk what day I'm at MK but this is at least a relief

How long after parade taping does the tree and other decor go up?

Tom

Beta Return
Good grief. We'll be in the MK on 11/12 (our son's first birthday), so hopefully it isn't terrible. We were there during the taping (and participated in it a few years ago...even though we didn't have tickets...just got ushered into the roped off area) and it was a mess all along Main Street. But that was before they stopped the ticket process.

I'm sure they'll have the Main Street bypass open during most of it, so that will help get in and out of the park. I wonder if there will be any updates on the day-by-day schedule as we get closer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom