A Whole New World of Huggles

jesserin

MommytoMJM said:
MJ is going to be homeschooled.....

luke, and whoever else... ;)
I went to a private school - preK-12 all in one building - 750 students total in the whole school... I loved it and am planning on sending my DD either to a private school or homeschool...

We are going this route b/c I like the more personalized atmosphere of a private school... or we might even just stick to tutors with the homeschool route... I'm big into fine arts and all the public schools in our area don't focus on the arts until well into jr. high and high school... I want our kids to be well into the arts by the time they are in kindergarten... let alone jr. high...

but I don't have a problem at all with public schooling... it's just a personal preferance...

Nemo14

Original Poster
jesserin said:
well, she didn't go to bed until 10 - got up at 1 & 3 (but only b/c she still has a hard time rolling back onto her back in the middle of the night - so I'm only up about 3 min getting her back to sleep... but still) and as of 10am.. she's still asleep...

her first tooth isn't all the way in yet - but her gums are pretty swollen where the tooth is - so I hope it won't be much longer... she's just been overall more cranky than usual... :) Ah well, extra huggles to my girl... ;)
I don't miss those days! My son didn't cut a tooth 'til he was 10 1/2 months old, then, while eating at the Poly, his first tooth popped through - 2 weeks later he had 8!

Nemo14

Original Poster
jesserin said:
luke, and whoever else... ;)
I went to a private school - preK-12 all in one building - 750 students total in the whole school... I loved it and am planning on sending my DD either to a private school or homeschool...

We are going this route b/c I like the more personalized atmosphere of a private school... or we might even just stick to tutors with the homeschool route... I'm big into fine arts and all the public schools in our area don't focus on the arts until well into jr. high and high school... I want our kids to be well into the arts by the time they are in kindergarten... let alone jr. high...

but I don't have a problem at all with public schooling... it's just a personal preferance...
The 3 I take care of go to a private Christian school, but my own go to public school. Frankly, I think my kids had many more opportunities at public school. You really have to stay involved with them, no matter what type of schooling you decide on.

tigsmom

jesserin said:
well, she didn't go to bed until 10 - got up at 1 & 3 (but only b/c she still has a hard time rolling back onto her back in the middle of the night - so I'm only up about 3 min getting her back to sleep... but still) and as of 10am.. she's still asleep...

her first tooth isn't all the way in yet - but her gums are pretty swollen where the tooth is - so I hope it won't be much longer... she's just been overall more cranky than usual... :) Ah well, extra huggles to my girl... ;)

Have you tried giving her some Tyleonl and a nice cool gel teether?
My girls just had the hardest time with teeth coming in, they ran fevers and were miserable for days.

HUGGLES to you both

robynchic

My input about public vs. private:

I was in a public school K-12. While my county is considered one of the best in the country, I realize that other schools may not have the options I had. From first through 6th grade (Fairfax County's elementary schools go through 6th grade), I was in a Japanese immersion program. Half of my day was taught in Japanese- specifically, the subjects I was taught in Japanese were math, science, and health. They also have Spanish immersion in my county.

Additionally, if you want to look into a school that focuses on the arts, look at your county school's website. A lot of times, you can preference to have your child placed there- though that means that you'll have to drive your child to school everyday, until/unless you can find a carpool.

Oh, and *huggles* to all!

Lil'mermaid

*huggles from study hall*

We got a new Eco teacher today who'll stay as long as they need him to. He seems nice enough but the way to win over students is not to assign them an essay that that have a period to do, on a subject that they haven't learned yet.

And his accent is going to drive me up a wall soon. :brick:

barnum42

Connor002 said:
I should... :lol:
Just don't let the priests know that I did. :lookaroun
Then, if you've not seen it take a look at Dogma - as you've had a Catholic upbringing you should find it funny. (Some less tolerant Catholics did not see the joke and sent death threats to the writer / director - who happens to be Catholic :rolleyes: )

dandaman

Connor002 said:
:wave:

And don't forget to come back on messenger... I miss using the evil laughter sound. :lookaroun

*huggles*

I don't seem to have Messenger Plus anymore... :lol:

So...

*Evil Laugh*

*Imperial March*

I'll let you do the *Evil Plan* :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom