A Whole New World of Huggles

Pongo

Connor002 said:
Oh...
We have no rights in my school. :lookaroun
No really, we don't... :lookaroun

Yeah, in my school its starting to look the same way.

Except the instance in question occurred OFF of school property.

The whole ordeal has "pointless" written all over it. At least from the administration's end.

Connor002

Pongo said:
Yeah, in my school its starting to look the same way.

Except the instance in question occurred OFF of school property.

The whole ordeal has "pointless" written all over it. At least from the administration's end.

I'm sure there much more to this story that I don't know, but depending on the circumstances, it could lean either way.

We have no rights in my school because we're private. :lookaroun They can do what they want with us. :lookaroun

Pongo

Connor002 said:
I'm sure there much more to this story that I don't know, but depending on the circumstances, it could lean either way.

Yeah, there's more to the story than even I know, and these people are best friends. It's very complicated.

Connor said:
We have no rights in my school because we're private. :lookaroun They can do what they want with us. :lookaroun

Private School s don't appeal to me all that much...

Connor002

Pongo said:
Private School s don't appeal to me all that much...

They seem to be more common around here, not sure about down south. I don't think there was anyone from my grade school who went to public...

Besides, they offer much more than any public school around here.

Pongo

Connor002 said:
They seem to be more common around here, not sure about down south. I don't think there was anyone from my grade school who went to public...

Besides, they offer much more than any public school around here.

All the private schools here are Catholic, except for one that's Episcopalian.

I've heard horror stories from all of them.

Connor002

Pongo said:
All the private schools here are all Catholic, except for one that's Episcopalian.

I've heard horror stories from all of them.

Well, there are charter schools, Archdiocesan, and Catholic.
The charter schools are basically public schools that were given to outside companies, the Archdiocesan schools are run by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, and then there's schools like mine (one of only two I know of) which are run by a priesthood outside the control of the Diocese.

Pongo

Connor002 said:
Well, there are charter schools, Archdiocesan, and Catholic.
The charter schools are basically public schools that were given to outside companies, the Archdiocesan schools are run by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, and then there's schools like mine (one of only two I know of) which are run by a priesthood outside the control of the Diocese.

Oh. What made your parents choose private school? I'm always interested to know why kids don't attend public school.

Connor002

Pongo said:
Oh. What made your parents choose private school? I'm always interested to know why kids don't attend public school.

Well, I was brought up Catholic, so I went to a small private Catholic grade school (less that 230 kids, grades 1-8). So moving to a private high school was a natural step from that. The alternative is not too good, I'm not sure if this is just common in my area, but public schools are often looked down upon. Funding and other factors contribute to a lot of public schools, not to sound prejudiced, paling in comparison to most private schools. Especially when it comes to high schools. *shrug* That's just how it is around here.

Trust me though, I wouldn't be going to where I do had there not been good reasons. $12000 a year is not pocket change. :zipit:

Connor002

Pongo said:
Have you seen the movie "Saved!"?

It's hilarious.

I never saw it, but I think I can remember the prieviews...
Was that the one where the one girl says: "You just crashed the car into Jesus! :eek: " :lookaroun

Pongo

Connor002 said:
Well, I was brought up Catholic, so I went to a small private Catholic grade school (less that 230 kids, grades 1-8). So moving to a private high school was a natural step from that. The alternative is not too good, I'm not sure if this is just common in my area, but public schools are often looked down upon. Funding and other factors contribute to a lot of public schools, not to sound prejudiced, paling in comparison to most private schools. Especially when it comes to high schools. *shrug* That's just how it is around here.

Trust me though, I wouldn't be going to where I do had there not been good reasons. $12000 a year is not pocket change. :zipit:

Oh, that's cool. And expensive too :eek:

I've been going to public school all my life. I guess it helps that I live in pretty much the top county in Florida academic-wise. If not THE top, we're pretty close to it.

Pongo

Connor002 said:
I never saw it, but I think I can remember the prieviews...
Was that the one where the one girl says: "You just crashed the car into Jesus! :eek: " :lookaroun

:lol: That's the one. You should really watch it. It satirizes Catholic schools. One of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Connor002

Pongo said:
Oh, that's cool. And expensive too :eek:

If there's one gripe I have with my school it's that it's expensive, and if you don't have that kind of money, it's tough (to say the least) to get in, as opposed to some kids who can barely pass the classes, and yet just happen to be loaded... Coincidence? :zipit:

Luke said:
I've been going to public school all my life. I guess it helps that I live in pretty much the top county in Florida academic-wise. If not THE top, we're pretty close to it.

I go to the top high school in the Delaware Valley, if not the whole state! :D :lookaroun

Connor002

Pongo said:
:lol: That's the one. You should really watch it. It satirizes Catholic schools. One of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

I should... :lol:
Just don't let the priests know that I did. :lookaroun

Pongo

Connor002 said:
I should... :lol:
Just don't let the priests know that I did. :lookaroun

Oddly enough, I have the DVD sitting in my locker at school. I brought it in to show a scene to my English class as a form of persuasion and satire.

Connor002

Pongo said:
Oddly enough, I have the DVD sitting in my locker at school. I brought it in to show a scene to my English class as a form of persuasion and satire.

All I have in my locker is a sport coat, a soda, and about 68 pounds worth og books. :lookaroun

And a sheet of French insults for use on my French teacher. :lookaroun

Pongo

Connor002 said:
All I have in my locker is a sport coat, a soda, and about 68 pounds worth og books. :lookaroun

And a sheet of French insults for use on my French teacher. :lookaroun

I pretty much just have books and some random pieces of paper.

Soda? For how long?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom