A Whole New World of Huggles

barnum42

DDuckFan130 said:
After a couple of my TESOL classes, I've realized the English language SUCKS! :lookaroun

Now I understand why English Language learners have a hard time learning the damn language. Stick to Spanish :lookaroun
TESOL?

English may have some weird rules, a few too many exceptions to those rules and regional pronunciations, but at least there is not that preoccupation with 5ex where you have to remember the gender of every single darn object! :lol:

barnum42

MommytoMJM said:
Is this where I admit that I am part of the Red Pencil society? I hate poor grammar and spelling, I almost always edit posts I make that have errors... and often finding myself not reading a thread if the poster isn't at least *trying* to make a good showing of basic english skills...
I've not been diagnosed with dyslexia (though I swear I have a mild version of it) but I can make silly mistakes when writing, which I'm not proud of.

But I appreciate well written posts that are easy to scan. Away from a phone I H8 txt speek. im also not fond of peeple that dont botha with puncteooashun. If it's hard work to read a post then I do tend to skip it.

Though one does give much slack to members on the board that don't have English as a first language.

tigsmom

Happy St Valentine's Day huggles to all!
hug.gif

barnum42

Roses and VDay huggles all around.

And some good news after my rant of yesterday.

I got a text from my girlfriend at mid day saying the the forensic people phoned and they too suspect she did it. I called her and she was obviously in some distress. So I got the name of the officer in charge and after much bouncing around they were able to trace his whereabouts and put me through to him

First off he was not happy forensics had phoned anyone other than him. He was also sorry if Sue thought she had been accused. He had had a similar case the day before where someone claimed their car had been stolen and crashed. CCTV footage showed it had not been so that person is now up for perverting the cause of justice as well as reckless driving. The policeman knows that people can panic after an accident, and were this the case he was giving Sue the option to report it as an accident and they would say no more about it.

As for forensics - they goofed calling Sue. Because they had no sign of the ignition being forced (but there is some damage to the door lock) it points to this being a case of vandals breaking in. taking the hand brake off and rolling the car down the hill.

So whilst the gits who did it have not bee caught, Sue is feeling a lot happier after I called her with that news.

She then phoned a couple of minutes later, crying again. But good tears - my Valentine's Day present had just been delivered :D

Nemo14

Original Poster
Joe- I just finished catching up with yesterday's posts. Sounds like there's better news now. was she able to get her car back?

PS Happy VDay Huggles to you and yours!

Nemo14

Original Poster
By the way, put me down in the column of people who really hate Michelle Kwan for what she did! :fork:

Edit: Is it wrong to use that icon on Valentine's Day?

barnum42

Nemo14 said:
Joe- I just finished catching up with yesterday's posts. Sounds like there's better news now. was she able to get her car back?

PS Happy VDay Huggles to you and yours!
She is at work right now, but can collect the car today.

VDay huggles back at 'cha :kiss:

Nemo14

Original Poster
She's probably the US' most famous figure skater. However, due to a groin injury she was unable to compete in Nationals a few weeks ago, but was allowed on the Olympic team based on her previous performances and an OK from her doctor. She showed up in time to march with the athletes at the opening ceremonies, then the next day or so, reinjured herself during practice. She has now "graciously" backed out to let the girl who originally should have been there "replace" her. I'm just not a fan - she was a great skater, but enough already - she's competed in 2 othere Olympics before(but never won a gold) - time to let someone else have a chance!

Safari Giraffe

Happy Valentines Day HUGGLES. :)

Got a beautiful card from my husband this morning. :sohappy: He really knows how to pick them out.

Unfortunately we are not able to spend much time together today as I have to work the majority of the day. When he comes home I will be at work and when I come home he will be fast asleep!:(

Oh well.................such is life..........................:(

Lil'mermaid

Nemo14 said:
... She has now "graciously" backed out to let the girl who originally should have been there "replace" her. I'm just not a fan - she was a great skater, but enough already - she's competed in 2 othere Olympics before(but never won a gold) - time to let someone else have a chance!

I think the other girl should have been there the whole time. It was Kwan's name that got her in and it just wasnt enough to finish it out.

Nemo14

Original Poster
Safari Giraffe said:
Happy Valentines Day HUGGLES. :)

Got a beautiful card from my husband this morning. :sohappy: He really knows how to pick them out.

Unfortunately we are not able to spend much time together today as I have to work the majority of the day. When he comes home I will be at work and when I come home he will be fast asleep!:(

Oh well.................such is life..........................:(
It's Bowling Night for my DH, but he and I are having lunch together today ...

with a bunch of his fellow "Math Geeks"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom