Trip Report A Whole Lotta Driving Going on!

Hello everyone. Today, Crystal and I make our way to Disney! Our journey started almost 2 weeks ago on July 3. We've been traveling the Midwest and Gulf Coast visiting family and seeing the sites and are currently staying in Tallahassee visiting Brayden at FSU. We made stops in Indianapolis, Carlinville, IL, Amana, Iowa, Madison, WI, Oxford, MS, New Orleans, LA before making it to Tallahassee. We also made brief stops in other states along the way. Getting breakfast with Brayden later this morning before driving to Disney to get Maddy after her shift at Be Our Guest. The plan is to head to Epcot for extra evening hours tonight. I'll post pictures of our journey later. I look forward to sharing as we go.

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Time for chocolate and caramel

IMG_1456.jpeg
IMG_1457.jpeg

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Finishing up New Orleans

On our last night we booked a cruise on the Mississippi. We loved it.

This mural shows the boat we were on. It was painted on a wall across from our hotel

IMG_0756.jpeg

We grabbed a quick snack here before boarding.

IMG_0757.jpeg

It was soon time to board. We checked in, found seats along the side overlooking the water, and I left to get us a drink.

IMG_0759.jpeg
IMG_0760.jpeg
IMG_0761.jpeg
IMG_0762.jpeg
IMG_0763.jpeg

We were soon on our way

IMG_0765.jpeg
IMG_0766.jpeg
IMG_0767.jpeg

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
After two hours, we were back. We loved sitting outside along the rail. The last hour didn’t have any narration which was fine with us. It was peaceful and relaxing even though the boat was sold out. There were almost 2000 people on board, but the lines at the bar moved and we had no issues getting a good seat. There were two dinner seatings which I’d never do since you miss half the cruise since there aren’t any windows on that deck.

IMG_0809.jpeg
IMG_0810.jpeg
IMG_0811.jpeg
IMG_0812.jpeg
IMG_0813.jpeg
IMG_0814.jpeg
IMG_0815.jpeg
IMG_0816.jpeg
IMG_0817.jpeg

93boomer

Premium Member
After two hours, we were back. We loved sitting outside along the rail. The last hour didn’t have any narration which was fine with us. It was peaceful and relaxing even though the boat was sold out. There were almost 2000 people on board, but the lines at the bar moved and we had no issues getting a good seat. There were two dinner seatings which I’d never do since you miss half the cruise since there aren’t any windows on that deck.

View attachment 803582View attachment 803583View attachment 803584View attachment 803585View attachment 803586View attachment 803587View attachment 803588View attachment 803589View attachment 803590
That looked like fun!

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
After our snack, we used our LL for Pooh then decided to get to BTMRR during the fireworks. Crystal said we should stop at Tiana to explain we missed our LL time due to our dining reservation and the CM said no worries. So with that, we are in line for Tiana. 👍

IMG_1482.jpeg

Last edited:

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Time for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Edit: As we neared the top of the first hill, the unmistakable image of sideways rain was staring us down. We got soaked. We laughed so hard

We then made the walk in a downpour to Pirates

IMG_1484.jpeg

Before continuing on to Tron ( or so we thought). The line was very long, so we left and walked to an opening Space Mountain.

IMG_1485.jpeg
IMG_1486.jpeg

IMG_1487.jpeg
IMG_1488.jpeg

Currently at the Royal Carousel

Last edited:

erstwo

So many of my favorite Disney memories with my kids are times in the pouring rain! Love it. What a great night. Thanks for sharing with us!
I was waiting to see if you ever made it to Frenchman or Magazine in New Orleans but that river cruise sounds really nice. I’ve never done the paddle boat. Might have to check that out next time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom