A Wakanda Attraction? Whoopi says yes

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

lazyboy97o

I'm not super sure about the contract specifics either, but I always assumed it's a contract concerning the characters themselves. At least from this post on Inside Universal, they say that the contract doesn't clarify whether locations can be used so it's a bit of a question mark I guess: https://www.insideuniversal.net/201...ct-what-rights-does-universal-and-disney-own/
You can read the contract here:

The deal is for characters and their associated villains and family of characters.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The two best rides in park history?

...you must be fun at parties
Rockin' Roller Coaster is considered the top 2 in best rides in Park History? I could list soooooo many other attractions that are better than Rockin'.

As for Tower of Terror, I agree, it is the best ride on a technological scale. It's amazing. It's not my favorite though. I don't care for the source material, and I don't care for drop zone that much.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Rockin' Roller Coaster is considered the top 2 in best rides in Park History? I could list soooooo many other attractions that are better than Rockin'.

As for Tower of Terror, I agree, it is the best ride on a technological scale. It's amazing. It's not my favorite though. I don't care for the source material, and I don't care for drop zone that much.
Tower, great movie ride and RNRC...

Not many other options at this point except for midway...but that’s kinda a different feel to me.

Rockinrollercoaster was ingenious for is simplicity...it’s just a short, cheap (for Disney) and easy ride to enjoy. A simple blend of speed and theme.

Is it old now? Of course...maybe it’s time has passed as well...but that doesn’t kill how much it ruled back in the day.

And before you even go towards tower...it is quintessential WDI...a top 5 alltime blend of story and engineering. Classic Disney we don’t see often enough now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ah yes... This screams to me "2nd best ride of all time" right here.
...it was effective. Not everything has to have Joe Rohde blowing a billion dollars.

RNRC has an interesting backstory...it was Eisner literally saying “build something for 2000 at mgm”...and they did it.

It wasn’t some convoluted 10 year crowd control “master plan” like we watch these days. Capex rationing.

that ride was more than the sum of its parts to me.
I'm not arguing with you on Tower, I agree with you on that one from an imagineering/design point of view.
...now we’re building a bridge...

Cmdr_Crimson

Yes, and that is nationally, which is why Disney’s California Adventure has things like Superhero Days (or whatever they were called) instead of Marvel Days.
Still find it weird that they changed the name of the store at Disney Springs from this
e9026f6f1c802e5e0a048eafb69979da.jpg

To this
build-your-own-marvel-gauntlet-comes-to-disney-california-adventure.jpeg

And while it's not in the parks it's on Property and I thought it was a no no to use the name on property anywhere except at Universal..

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

Still find it weird that they changed the name of the store at Disney Springs from this

To this

And while it's not in the parks it's on Property and I thought it was a no no to use the name on property anywhere except at Universal..
Much better than the
old "Hydra" logo...

lazyboy97o

To this

My guess is that someone was able to convince Universal that this does not qualify as a "Marvel Action Universe" retail development as that was to include "the sale of comic books, trading cards, software, licensed or Marvel produced merchandise, the use of electronic games and/or pinballs or other coin operated games, and may include one or more virtual reality and/or simulator ride" even though the restrictions would have reduced a Marvel Action Universe in the Orlando area to mostly just retail.

WondersOfLife

...it was effective. Not everything has to have Joe Rohde blowing a billion dollars.

RNRC has an interesting backstory...it was Eisner literally saying “build something for 2000 at mgm”...and they did it.

It wasn’t some convoluted 10 year crowd control “master plan” like we watch these days. Capex rationing.

that ride was more than the sum of its parts to me.
None of that deems it worthy of Disney's second best ride of all time, your words not mine.

WondersOfLife

Mgm...not “Disney”

I said “the parks two best rides”
Funnily enough, I cannot find the original quote to check that. But lets just say it's true and I believe you.

Either way, explain to me why Disney couldn't make two new attractions themed to Wakanda that are equally, if not, better than those two attractions? On par with Resistance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Funnily enough, I cannot find the original quote to check that. But lets just say it's true and I believe you.

Either way, explain to me why Disney couldn't make two new attractions themed to Wakanda that are equally, if not, better than those two attractions? On par with Resistance.
Cause it still makes absolutely no sense to try and jam what’s available of marvel into their parks while the rest are up the street?

And sims and trackless won’t be in shortage in wdw for some time...need a variety of attractions.
Once the new slate of rides are online would be a better time to evaluate what’s needed.

And they won’t be spending more on new rides for along time. That die is cast there.

DCLcruiser

Can't we just build new :confused:

LittleBuford

You know the ride is inside a Romaneque building, not the mountain...

Escape-from-Pompeii-Fire.png

Sorry to be pedantic, but that style of architecture isn't Romanesque. Romanesque is a medieval style characterised by its use of round arches, in contrast to the pointed arches of Gothic, which came after. It draws on, but is different from, Roman models—hence the name. I suspect you meant Roman, though the kind of architecture in the picture is arguably closer to Greek.

The Greek and Roman scenes in Spaceship Earth are very nicely differentiated through the use of different columns: Ionic for the first, Corinthian for the second. The attraction also features a vaguely Romanesque setting for the scene with the sleeping monk:

ccd_772fc0e304.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom