A Wakanda Attraction? Whoopi says yes

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Cause it still makes absolutely no sense to try and jam what’s available of marvel into their parks while the rest are up the street?

And sims and trackless won’t be in shortage in wdw for some time...need a variety of attractions.
Once the new slate of rides are online would be a better time to evaluate what’s needed.

And they won’t be spending more on new rides for along time. That die is cast there.
I posted my original post in the sense that Disney will replace rather than expand, as they have been doing. So I chose the location where I deem fit, which is a personal preference... In the sense that the entire rest of Hollywood Studios I couldn't give a flying hoot about, so why not finish it off. That's why I chose that location.

And to the answer in question mark form, my original post was also deemed to the sense that if it DID happen, put it there. I absolutely do not want/care for a Wakanda themed land/attraction.

Can't we just build new :confused:
Read above.

DCLcruiser

Sorry to be pedantic, but that style of architecture isn't Romanesque. Romanesque is a medieval style characterised by its use of round arches, in contrast to the pointed arches of Gothic, which came after. It draws on, but is different from, Roman models—hence the name. I suspect you meant Roman, though the kind of architecture in the picture is arguably closer to Greek.

The Greek and Roman scenes in Spaceship Earth are very nicely differentiated through the use of different columns: Ionic for the first, Corinthian for the second. The attraction also features a vaguely Romanesque setting for the scene with the sleeping monk:

ccd_772fc0e304.jpg
Roman-ish then. :p

SamusAranX

If Shuri takes over, couldn’t WDW create a Wakanda attraction with Shuri as the hero? Only Black Panther is on the Universal mural, not Shuri.

WDW, should work on this, instead of the poorly conceived Splash Mountain overlay.

As much as I love SM and loathe going overboard on IP in WDW....I must admit I would secretly love a Wakanda overlay with Shuri instead of the fly by night PATF idea. But, it’s just a matter of preference really. Because neither PATF or Wakanda fit at all with Frontierland.

RSoxNo1

If Shuri takes over, couldn’t WDW create a Wakanda attraction with Shuri as the hero? Only Black Panther is on the Universal mural, not Shuri.

WDW, should work on this, instead of the poorly conceived Splash Mountain overlay.
This was a debate around the time the movie came out as well. I'm sure Disney lawyers know the answer to this, but the assumption was that they could build Wakanda without Black Panther or T'Challa being represented. The definition of family and villains was subject enough to interpretation that it seems like Disney could get away with Wakanda, but not Black Panther. This is purely speculative, but based on some degree of logic.

I also think that negotiating for a single character is certainly more reasonable than for the entire MCU.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom