A Tale of Booze in Batuu

threvester

I think I’m the only person I know who genuinely likes the blue milk. Honestly, that may say more about my sense of taste than the quality of the drink.

I will also add that I actually prefer the “chilled” version from the cantina. I thought the frozen version was just okay, and it did have a weird consistency. The milk and cookie drink was great though.
I loved the blue milk as well, didnt really care for the green. As far as the cantina, I had a great experience when there. Server was attentive, didnt wait long for drinks etc...They even did a thing where the power generator stopped working and they had to hit it with a mallet to jump start it. We had a blast

Weather_Lady

No horror stories like what had come out of Oga's west, am I right in thinking all orders had to be placed at the bar in Oga's west? This was all table service unless you were seated at the bar.

Nope, it was the same at DL. When we went, those seated at the bar placed orders with the bartender. Everyone else who was "seated" (or standing) at an assigned table placed their orders with a server who, at least in theory, would actually return to them at some point with what they'd ordered. The only weirdness about it was that you were expected to pay and tip first, before your order was brought to you.

RobWDW1971

Nope, it was the same at DL. When we went, those seated at the bar placed orders with the bartender. Everyone else who was "seated" (or standing) at an assigned table placed their orders with a server who, at least in theory, would actually return to them at some point with what they'd ordered. The only weirdness about it was that you were expected to pay and tip first, before your order was brought to you.

One of the most entertaining parts of Batuu for me is watching the Oga's hostess bring in a party of 4 adults and point to a twenty inch open space at the bar and hand them the menus and walk away while they stand there confused and staring at each other.

Weather_Lady

Talk about quality control issues!

In constrast to yours, @Mickeyboof, my sad little Outer Rim (which I also posted on Yelp, to vent my impotent rage) looked like this - not to mention that it was underfilled and 95% ice. FWIW, the other beverages you see here were supposed to be a ruby red Jet Fuel, which was brown instead, and two Carbon Freezes with dry ice and green apple popping pearls, from which the dry ice was inexplicably missing despite the fact that it's half the point of ordering this, and the green pearls were substituted for brown ones, which meant my kids looked like they were sucking down urine-tinged toilet water with turd balls in it. Note also the complete lack of coasters, napkins, straws or spoons... we were told that they'd "run out of a lot of things." :mad:

o.jpg

Last edited:

Mickeyboof

In constrast to yours, @Mickeyboof, my sad little Outer Rim (which I also posted on Yelp, to vent my impotent rage) looked like this - not to mention that it was underfilled and 95% ice. FWIW, the other beverages were supposed to be a ruby red Jet Fuel, which was brown instead, and two Carbon Freezes with dry ice and green apple popping pearls, from which the dry ice was inexplicably missing despite the fact that it's half the point of ordering this, and the green pearls were substituted for brown ones, which meant my kids looked like they were sucking down urine-tinged toilet water with turd balls in it. Note also the complete lack of coasters, napkins, straws or spoons... we were told that they'd "run out of a lot of things." :mad:

o.jpg

What. Happened. Here.

This is all wrong oh my gosh. The Outter Rim is a joke. It’s in the wrong glass. The urine drink made me laugh. Wow. What coast was this!?

ToTBellHop

In constrast to yours, @Mickeyboof, my sad little Outer Rim (which I also posted on Yelp, to vent my impotent rage) looked like this - not to mention that it was underfilled and 95% ice. FWIW, the other beverages were supposed to be a ruby red Jet Fuel, which was brown instead, and two Carbon Freezes with dry ice and green apple popping pearls, from which the dry ice was inexplicably missing despite the fact that it's half the point of ordering this, and the green pearls were substituted for brown ones, which meant my kids looked like they were sucking down urine-tinged toilet water with turd balls in it. Note also the complete lack of coasters, napkins, straws or spoons... we were told that they'd "run out of a lot of things." :mad:

o.jpg
What an embarrassment. Oga’s is having a weak response but also running out of things?

Weather_Lady

Have they just given up at DL?

I don't know. I can say that it was a complete anomaly on that trip. Everywhere else we went or ate in Disneyland, Downtown Disney and California Adventure, we enjoyed well-executed food, drinks that lived up to their advertising, and wonderful, attentive service. Oga's succeeded in one respect by falling so far below the Disney standard: it definitely made us feel like we were on another planet!

Last edited:

Mickeyboof

Blame it on the guests, in large part. People have been stealing everything in Oga's and the Docking Bay that isn't nailed down - coasters, menus, sporks - and reselling them on Ebay. They are why we can't have nice things.

At WDW, the server brought new coasters for each drink. One of the spiked jello containers was sticky on the bottom, so he put the item directly on the table as to “not ruin the coaster!”

I think, at least at WDW, they’re aware of the coaster fad. I didn’t want to take the coaster home regardless.

Ravenclaw78

At WDW, the server brought new coasters for each drink. One of the spiked jello containers was sticky on the bottom, so he put the item directly on the table as to “not ruin the coaster!”

I think, at least at WDW, they’re aware of the coaster fad. I didn’t want to take the coaster home regardless.

The coasters are disposable anyway. Not sure why anyone would want to buy a free coaster, but that's their problem. Menus and sporks are the bigger issue.

Rogue1138

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and nothing has me really excited about Oga's. When I see the cantina in A New Hope my first reaction isn't drinking overpriced alcoholic drinks. I want to drink among the scum and villainy.

I will definitely try blue and green milk when I finally get out there but my first thought when I saw the recipe is that someone has a vegan friend they're trying to impress. I don't mind it not being really made of milk (as I don't believe down the road I have a beverage combining butter and beer) but did they really need to take a hard right into ingredients most people would gag at if read out of context.

The Grand Inquisitor

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and nothing has me really excited about Oga's. When I see the cantina in A New Hope my first reaction isn't drinking overpriced alcoholic drinks. I want to drink among the scum and villainy.

I will definitely try blue and green milk when I finally get out there but my first thought when I saw the recipe is that someone has a vegan friend they're trying to impress. I don't mind i not being really made of milk (as I don't believe down the road I have a beverage combining butter and beer) but did they really need to take a hard right into ingredients most people would gag at if read out of context.
You are absolutely correct! Why aren't there any aliens in the cantina?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom