A surprising omission?

Stripes

Premium Member
There was conflict and a deal could not be reached. The watch faces and Board of Directors are not new developments.
Obviously not new developments, Iger has been a member since 2011 and the watch faces debuted with the watch when it was released last year. Apple and Disney have a very cozy relationship, that much is clear. Apple hosts Pixar at their WWDC conferences regularly, Disney and Disney IPs are frequently seen in Apple's keynote presentations and marketing, Bob Iger sings praises of Apple any chance he gets. No offense to Disney's leverage or to you, but if Apple really wanted a store in DS, they would have got one.

G00fyDad

As an Disney and Apple fan, I would LOVE for Apple to have a store at Disney Springs. I have picture I took on my phone of an Apple Store and just beside it, a Microsoft store, in my local mall, both about the same size, fairly large. The Apple Store was filled to the gills with 200 people at least. The Microsoft store had 7 people, and 4 were employees. I always chuckle at that photo.

I doubt there would be any conflict with Apple putting in a store at DS. Apple has a Mickey (and soon Minnie) watch face for the Apple Watch, also: http://www.apple.com/pr/bios/ Board of Directors, bottom left

I would chuckle at that photo too. Only because the 7 people in the Microsoft store were probably buying something. The 200 sheep in the Apple store were just there leeching the free wifi. ;) And 200 people in any store that small would keep me from going in for any reason.

G00fyDad

My thoughts exactly for the Apple Watch. If they can't incorporate into phone, which they should be able to, but if not, how about incorporating magic band chip into a Apple Watch band.

Because the first time you smacked that Apple watch against anything but air, let alone the gold Mickey heads at the park/ride entrances it would smash into a 1000 pieces.

Stripes

Premium Member
I would chuckle at that photo too. Only because the 7 people in the Microsoft store were probably buying something. The 200 sheep in the Apple store were just there leeching the free wifi. ;) And 200 people in any store that small would keep me from going in for any reason.
Both the stores are larger than your typical Apple mall Store, I'd say about 3 times the size. Anyway, I don't think everyone entering Apple Stores is just leeching off the wifi, hence: http://fortune.com/2015/03/13/apples-holiday-top-10-retailers-iphone/

Last edited:

G00fyDad

That just reinforces every point I have ever made about Apple purchasers. Thank you.

Oh look. I just found those 200 Apple users in the store. :D
pic1117745.jpg

Don't go getting all bent. It was just a joke. ;)

ABQ

Because the first time you smacked that Apple watch against anything but air, let alone the gold Mickey heads at the park/ride entrances it would smash into a 1000 pieces.
I'm no fan of the Apple watch and will probably never own one as I appreciate my own collection of mechanical wrist watches and don't use an iphone to pair it to. However, I don't know why you feel the Apple watch would smash into 1000 pieces if smacked into the magic band readers. Provided one isn't smacking the gold model Apple watch around, the 316L stainless alloy model will take a beating, not as strong as a Rolex in their 904L stainless, but in real world use, not weak by any means. And a sapphire crystal won't scratch easily, just don't try driving a nail in with it.

G00fyDad

I'm no fan of the Apple watch and will probably never own one as I appreciate my own collection of mechanical wrist watches and don't use an iphone to pair it to. However, I don't know why you feel the Apple watch would smash into 1000 pieces if smacked into the magic band readers. Provided one isn't smacking the gold model Apple watch around, the 316L stainless alloy model will take a beating, not as strong as a Rolex in their 904L stainless, but in real world use, not weak by any means. And a sapphire crystal won't scratch easily, just don't try driving a nail in with it.

So I take it you have not seen the glass that Apple uses for its products?

img_0200.jpg
20140503_secret-port_0022-780x520.jpg
crackediphonescreen.jpg
Shattered-Apple-Watch-600x450.jpg
4662254984_6f84e0c16d.jpg
The-Apple-Watch-s-Display-Seems-to-Be-Very-Easily-Breakable.jpg
photo-1.jpg

ABQ

You are incorrect in a number of assumptions. Not sure why you had to show pictures of the phones, as the phones do not use sapphire. Further, yes, I own quite a few wrist watches with sapphire crystals and am very confident that the images you show are not what my watch would look like if smacked to a magic band touch point as I've accidentally smacked some against far more abrasive surfaces and they have not cracked. I think your own dislike of the brand is leading you to believe something that is not reality.

Gatorboy

Don't know if you own one, but I've "smashed' my Apple watch into walls, vehicles, chairs, whatever and it hasn't even a scratch, besides using it with Apple pay at all their terminals. I don't recall "smashing" my magicband against the Mickey head anyway.

G00fyDad

Don't know if you own one, but I've "smashed' my Apple watch into walls, vehicles, chairs, whatever and it hasn't even a scratch, besides using it with Apple pay at all their terminals. I don't recall "smashing" my magicband against the Mickey head anyway.

Then you are lucky. I have known people that have slightly bumped their Apple products and have come away with a shattered screen.

I didn't say you did smash yours into a mickey head. I never said anyone has done this. (It really irritates me when people only read half of a post) Go back and re-read the last few pages of this thread and get back to me. ;)

G00fyDad

You are incorrect in a number of assumptions. Not sure why you had to show pictures of the phones, as the phones do not use sapphire. Further, yes, I own quite a few wrist watches with sapphire crystals and am very confident that the images you show are not what my watch would look like if smacked to a magic band touch point as I've accidentally smacked some against far more abrasive surfaces and they have not cracked. I think your own dislike of the brand is leading you to believe something that is not reality.

I think you are overreaching a bit. My distaste for the brand has nothing to do with it. Apple uses crappy glass for its products. My JOKES about the brand seem to have hit a nerve and you (and others) appear to be tightening the wool around yourself for a full on assault and the defense of your favorite brand. It is rather comical to see people get all bent out of shape when you make a silly comment or joke about Apple. I posted a picture of a sheep going into an Apple store on Facebook once and O-H M-Y G-O-D did the mindless drones come attacking. LOL It was hysterical to see how upset they get when you trash talk or make the smallest fun of Apple.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Then you are lucky. I have known people that have slightly bumped their Apple products and have come away with a shattered screen.

I didn't say you did smash yours into a mickey head. I never said anyone has done this. (It really irritates me when people only read half of a post) Go back and re-read the last few pages of this thread and get back to me. ;)
The only thing I get from reading your posts is that you seem to dislike Apple products immensely. I own Apple stuff as well, but would never tell a Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc. owner that their product sucks. Everyone has their own tastes, and I'm glad that there is a choice.

G00fyDad

The only thing I get from reading your posts is that you seem to dislike Apple products immensely. I own Apple stuff as well, but would never tell a Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc. owner that their product sucks. Everyone has their own tastes, and I'm glad that there is a choice.

Did I say the products suck? No. You might want to rethink your strategy there. I said the glass they use is useless. The glass sucks. ;)

But keep proving my point about Apple users. :D

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Did I say the products suck? No. You might want to rethink your strategy there. I said the glass they use is useless. The glass sucks. ;)

But keep proving my point about Apple users. :D
You were talking about the Apple Watch, which uses either sapphire or gorilla glass on the screen. What's crappy about that? Sapphire is the second hardest material after diamonds.

And calling people sheeple when the go to an Apple store? Really. So let's insult people. So do you own any Apple products?

lazyboy97o

Obviously not new developments, Iger has been a member since 2011 and the watch faces debuted with the watch when it was released last year. Apple and Disney have a very cozy relationship, that much is clear. Apple hosts Pixar at their WWDC conferences regularly, Disney and Disney IPs are frequently seen in Apple's keynote presentations and marketing, Bob Iger sings praises of Apple any chance he gets. No offense to Disney's leverage or to you, but if Apple really wanted a store in DS, they would have got one.
Apple was very interested in having a store at Disney Springs as was Disney. The negotiations were well protracted. Bob Iger and Tim Cook being buddies is completely irrelevant. They are not the ones doing the negotiations and there is a point where moving up the ladder towards them, the person at such a level should not be managing the exact details of a lease. Publicly traded corporations do not have friends and making special deals which cost the company money because the executives are friends is the sort of thing that gets people into hot water with agencies like the SEC.

G00fyDad

You were talking about the Apple Watch, which uses either sapphire or gorilla glass on the screen.

I was talking about ALL Apple products. Go back and read the thread again. :)

What's crappy about that?

Again....
Shattered-Apple-Watch-600x450.jpg
photo-1.jpg
crackediphonescreen.jpg
4662254984_6f84e0c16d.jpg
The-Apple-Watch-s-Display-Seems-to-Be-Very-Easily-Breakable.jpg
img_0200.jpg
View attachment 150657
20140503_secret-port_0022-780x520.jpg

And calling people sheeple when the go to an Apple store? Really. So let's insult people.

Okay. ;) Stop acting that way.

Apple user: "Ohhhh look! A new Apple product is out that only does one new thing that my current product doesn't do and costs just a mere $900. I HAVE TO HAVE IT!! I'm going to the Apple store to camp out for 2 weeks to get one first!"

ANY other product user: "Oh look. A new (Brand) product is out that only does one new thing that my current product doesn't do. I'll wait."

So do you own any Apple products?

Oh, come on now. I think we both know the answer to that. ;)

Keep in mind, the more upset Apple people get and the more they get defensive the more I find humorous. You absolutely cannot stand anyone talking negatively about your brand. Steve Jobs really did a number on his followers. Scientology has nothing on Apple :D

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member

Again....View attachment 150651 View attachment 150652 View attachment 150653 View attachment 150654 View attachment 150655 View attachment 150656 View attachment 150657 View attachment 150658

Apple user: "Ohhhh look! A new Apple product is out that only does one new thing that my current product doesn't do and costs just a mere $900. I HAVE TO HAVE IT!! I'm going to the Apple store to camp out for 2 weeks to get one first!"

ANY other product user: "Oh look. A new (Brand) product is out that only does one new thing that my current product doesn't do. I'll wait."

Keep in mind, the more upset Apple people get and the more they get defensive the more I find humorous. You absolutely cannot stand anyone talking negatively about your brand. Steve Jobs really did a number on his followers. Scientology has nothing on Apple :D
I'm not upset at all. :D I always find it humorous when Apple haters post pictures. Of course, you can post pictures of broken screens for every single phone and smartwatch manufacturer on the planet, so why do you single out Apple?

I have zero problem when people talk negatively as long as there is some basis in fact. Posting broken screens means nothing considering that you are talking about a minuscule percentage of users. Our family is all iPhone users for almost 8 years, and not once has anyone had a busted screen, but maybe we just take better care of our $900 products than most. ;)

As far as running out to buy something that does only one thing different than the current model, wow, nice sensationalist claim there. My wife just recently upgraded her iphone after having the previous model for 4 years. I am on year 3 for mine. I guess maybe you are generalizing everyone that buys Apple products into one class.

So what has done a number on you so badly that you detest Apple so much? :confused:

lazyboy97o

Posting to intentionally get a rise out of people is pretty much the definition of trolling. There is a whole technology forum on this site where people can discuss gadgets.

Last edited:

Gatorboy

Your irritation must include yourself as you must have half read my post. I read the entire post! I never accused you of saying I did anything. I just related my experience with my watch. If you read my post, I stated I have never smashed my MAGICBAND against the Mickey head, meaning the chances of smashing against it with a watch would be as unlikely!

Stripes

Premium Member

Again....View attachment 150651 View attachment 150652 View attachment 150653 View attachment 150654 View attachment 150655 View attachment 150656 View attachment 150657 View attachment 150658

Have you ever owned an Apple product? If not, your opinion is 100% invalid. Apple's glass on their smartphones is the very same glass that is used on virtually all of the market leading smartphones and is made by Corning. You can find plenty of photos of cracked displays from competitor products, cracked screens are not unique to Apple products by any stretch of the imagination. Contrary to popular belief, comparing spec-to-spec Windows computers will yield similar, perhaps even higher price tags than Mac computers. Apple has developed a devotion to their products, born out of customer experience, not marketing. This is where you have it wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom