A surprising omission?

lazyboy97o

There are a couple of open already built spots in Disney Springs, and only one building that hasn't been built yet, unless they expand into an new area. So if Apple is coming, we are running out of places it could be.
It was supposed to be in the main Town Center complex so a new space would have to be found or built.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There are a couple of open already built spots in Disney Springs, and only one building that hasn't been built yet, unless they expand into an new area. So if Apple is coming, we are running out of places it could be.
The Apple store still seems to be very on and off, and Ir really don't know what the current state it. But there are a couple of locations. One in the empty lot by Coca Cola, although that is set to be a restaurant, unless that changes. The other is the large unit near Lime entrance.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The Apple store still seems to be very on and off, and Ir really don't know what the current state it. But there are a couple of locations. One in the empty lot by Coca Cola, although that is set to be a restaurant, unless that changes. The other is the large unit near Lime entrance.

I still show the two locations on either side of that entrance open, one of which is 2 stories.

upload_2016-7-4_16-15-6.png

Stitchon

Apple has been trending towards build-to-suit stores. I'm not sure even Disney could convince them to take a pre-existing building without major modifications to fit their design aesthetic.

Rescue Ranger

I like that there has been a lot of unique stores coming in. Disney should stand out. Why deliver what you can find at every other mall/outlet in North America?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I like that there has been a lot of unique stores coming in. Disney should stand out. Why deliver what you can find at every other mall/outlet in North America?

A lot of the restaurants are unique, but the new stores not so much, although the Marketplace has always had the more unique Disney stores covered.

csmat99

Disney negotiated/worked with Apple for months regarding a store at DS. Comes down to a difference in company cultures. I still think one will open at Disney Springs. Apple likes being in the high end shopping areas, and DS is in the top 3 worldwide in terms of sales per square ft. Same thing happened with Starbucks. Took months of negotiations due to different corporate cultures and how those values would sync in a Disney-managed area.
Yes, Starbucks won't go anywhere unless it's on their terms. They stayed out of the Philly airport for years because PHL wanted to charge them typical high rent. As much pull as Disney has Apple doesn't need to go to DS but disney trying to say DS has high end stores needs Apple why it will take awhile.

WDWdream97

An Apple Store in DS would make bank from all the foreigners wanting to by an iPhone. I would be so happy if I could use my Apple Watch as a MagicBand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom