A surprising omission?

Gatorboy

An Apple Store in DS would make bank from all the foreigners wanting to by an iPhone. I would be so happy if I could use my Apple Watch as a MagicBand.
My thoughts exactly for the Apple Watch. If they can't incorporate into phone, which they should be able to, but if not, how about incorporating magic band chip into a Apple Watch band.

bhg469

I agree. Although I would prefer to not have the Apple store there that is all about my feelings and I know that that rates a zero on people's Give-a-Crapometer. :) However, I see the draw it would have and ultimately I don't have to go near it. :D But, I would most definitely like to see a Microsoft store there.
When I walk by a Microsoft store, people are playing games, having fun and generally looking like they want to be there.

The apple store seems like a library with no books and a bunch of young adults in tight jeans with a very stiff tone to everything they do.

Jon81uk

When I walk by a Microsoft store, people are playing games, having fun and generally looking like they want to be there.

The apple store seems like a library with no books and a bunch of young adults in tight jeans with a very stiff tone to everything they do.

Thats often because in the Apple Store people are using it as a free internet cafe to research and write home!

bhg469

I would agree with that. I don't have any Apple products as I simply do not care for them. They tend to be well made and well designed products that are, IMHO, overpriced compared to their counterparts with no added benefit for me.

On the other hand, "Apple Fanboy" and their attitude makes we me feel a bit warm inside every time I hear about a bug in an Apple product.
There are chrome books that do everything 90% of apple users need with even less chance of bugs or viruses. And they can be had for under $150

I don't own one because I have a nice work laptop but if I didn't... If definitely have a chrome book.

bhg469

Thats often because in the Apple Store people are using it as a free internet cafe to research and write home!
That sounds pretty terrible to me! I'd rather go to Starbucks where there is at least a splash of color and personality

Last edited:

Jon81uk

That sounds pretty terrible to me! Is rather go to Starbucks where there is at least a splash of color and personality

I don't know of any Starbucks (in London at least) where I can use a PC to access the internet completely free. Would have to at least get a a coffee and bring your own laptop to use the Wi-Fi. Whereas in the Apple Store every iMac and MacBook is connected and a lot of people stand there checking Facebook, using Google Maps and other stuff.

bhg469

I don't know of any Starbucks (in London at least) where I can use a PC to access the internet completely free. Would have to at least get a a coffee and bring your own laptop to use the Wi-Fi. Whereas in the Apple Store every iMac and MacBook is connected and a lot of people stand there checking Facebook, using Google Maps and other stuff.
That just seems so uncomfortable to me. There are lots of public Wi-Fi places here and the mall is one of them. You never even need to go into the apple store here because the entire structure around it has that luxury.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
That just seems so uncomfortable to me. There are lots of public Wi-Fi places here and the mall is one of them. You never even need to go into the apple store here because the entire structure around it has that luxury.
So you obviously don't like Apple, but why would you care if they opened an Apple store in DS? Just walk past it. Simple.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There are chrome books that do everything 90% of apple users need with even less chance of bugs or viruses. And they can be had for under $150

I don't own one because I have a nice work laptop but if I didn't... If definitely have a chrome book.
The wife's next laptop will be a Chrome book. The MIL will be getting a Chrome box.

bhg469

So you obviously don't like Apple, but why would you care if they opened an Apple store in DS? Just walk past it. Simple.
Because it would take up space of a possible good store? One that focused on something unique and not homogenized and available in most cities... That good enough of an answer?

Just like a frozen meet and greet is taking up the space of what could have been another country in world showcase.

bhg469

The wife's next laptop will be a Chrome book. The MIL will be getting a Chrome box.
If the pixel was a little cheaper if have one. That's a very cool laptop. Its funny that it is expensive because it isn't mass produced on a major level yet its build quality is that of a MacBook twice its price that is manufactured at 10x the rate. Makes you wonder

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Because it would take up space of a possible good store? One that focused on something unique and not homogenized and available in most cities... That good enough of an answer?

Just like a frozen meet and greet is taking up the space of what could have been another country in world showcase.
Nope, since 1/3 of the other shops are not unique either. Anyway, probably won't happen as both companies want too much control over everything.

bhg469

Nope, since 1/3 of the other shops are not unique either. Anyway, probably won't happen as both companies want too much control over everything.
You're correct, they do want too much control and no, the new additions are not all unique, but that doesn't mean they need more brands, especially those that are available many many places.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
You're correct, they do want too much control and no, the new additions are not all unique, but that doesn't mean they need more brands, especially those that are available many many places.
I do agree with that, but DS has to be careful about not having any brands that people recognize. Lot's of people won't even go into a place they don't recognize, so I think a good mix of well known brands helps. I will admit to being a big Apple fan, but couldn't care less if there is an Apple store at DS or not. It isn't someplace I would visit anyway, as are the majority of the shops there now.

Jon81uk

Using public Wi-Fi is dependant on having a computer with you. I think thats why many people use the free access PCs in the apple store as you can use a full screen sized PC for no cost.

bhg469

Using public Wi-Fi is dependant on having a computer with you. I think thats why many people use the free access PCs in the apple store as you can use a full screen sized PC for no cost.
I thought you were referring to a tablet or a phone. I don't think I would ever use a public PC for anything. That just seems to ask for problems.

Next Big Thing

A lot of the restaurants are unique, but the new stores not so much, although the Marketplace has always had the more unique Disney stores covered.
I'd have to disagree in part about the stores.

Yes, some are very common, but many are hard to find around the US, some are completely unique to DS, etc. Finding some of these stores in the same location is very unique as you won't find them together anywhere else besides New York City, LA and maybe Miami.

Stripes

Premium Member
As an Disney and Apple fan, I would LOVE for Apple to have a store at Disney Springs. I have picture I took on my phone of an Apple Store and just beside it, a Microsoft store, in my local mall, both about the same size, fairly large. The Apple Store was filled to the gills with 200 people at least. The Microsoft store had 7 people, and 4 were employees. I always chuckle at that photo.

I doubt there would be any conflict with Apple putting in a store at DS. Apple has a Mickey (and soon Minnie) watch face for the Apple Watch, also: http://www.apple.com/pr/bios/ Board of Directors, bottom left

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom