A Spirited Valentine ...

jakeman

LOL. I think sometimes he fans the flames a bit and that's fine but I've questioned his stance on SW:GE before and now his insistence that other things are 'later'. We're all pretty aware of the timelines for most of what was announced. I just would like to know what he's implying, that's all.
LOL, yeah no worries. Just a bit of jest at the seriousness some folks take their news scoops.

It's honestly an aspect of media and news I don't understand in the slightest and find humorous as an outsider (in all aspects, not just WDW news and rumors).

EricsBiscuit

LOL. I think sometimes he fans the flames a bit and that's fine but I've questioned his stance on SW:GE before and now his insistence that other things are 'later'. We're all pretty aware of the timelines for most of what was announced. I just would like to know what he's implying, that's all.

And for me, I'm under no illusion that "suddenly Iger and Chapek" care about the parks in the swamps. Most of us on here can be happy things are coming but I think we're under no illusion that a lot of it is being forced on them. The decade+ stagnation has caught up to them and they have no choice now.
To put the stagnation in context though, there was a global recession.

Kman101

Would also like to know why certain announcements didn't happen but to me it's simply because things aren't finalized and decided upon but the way it's implied it's as if there's some big secret behind things like Brazil and the UK attraction not being talked about. I think they announced plenty for WDW. Certainly more than in the past. Look at the paltry announcements DL got lol.

Kman101

To put the stagnation in context though, there was a global recession.

I think that was an excuse. And because WDW is very highly visited by tourists and families who go every few years so they got away with not investing in the parks. It's the sad truth. "Why invest if people keep coming" but we're now at the point where certain things like night shows and stage shows have started to go down in guest satisfaction and people are recognizing that DHS and Epcot need new and more things to do. They invested in DL/DCA and other parks. No reason for them to let WDW stagnate beyond "why fix it if it isn't broken"

jakeman

Would also like to know why certain announcements didn't happen but to me it's simply because things aren't finalized and decided upon but the way it's implied it's as if there's some big secret behind things like Brazil and the UK attraction not being talked about. I think they announced plenty for WDW. Certainly more than in the past. Look at the paltry announcements DL got lol.
I'm sure we'll be graced with a story of intrigue with characters with silly nicknames playing the roles people perceive them to play. All thinly sourced and unreported elsewhere. Fifteenth verse same as the first. :D

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
He keeps bringing up SW:GE being "far behind" but we've all been aware it's about 6 months behind Disneyland, give or take a month or so. No one who can read should have believed they were opening at the same time unless Florida starts construction 24/7. So not sure why Spirit keeps bringing up Florida is behind. Anyone who can read and has eyes knows they're behind. He acts like there will be years between the two or something. Maybe the next post or thread will give some clarity but I don't get the need to keep saying it.

EDIT: Fixed spelling mistakes. Darn phone.

I expect Spirit knows more about the construction schedule than any of us. And his delays have usually been right

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You have your fingers crossed he is right so that you can hold onto your delusions about SWL not being built in Orlando.

Disney under Iger has never opened anything on schedule in Orlando, SWL will be no different I've always said it would open the question of course is when ain't gonna happen in 2019 so when from 2020-2023 will it open...

The StarWars hotel will probably open on schedule though.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

And for me, I'm under no illusion that "suddenly Iger and Chapek" care about the parks in the swamps. Most of us on here can be happy things are coming but I think we're under no illusion that a lot of it is being forced on them. The decade+ stagnation has caught up to them and they have no choice now.

Spirit's not implying anything, He's just aware that TWDC's priorities are 1) - supporting the stock price, 2) - Studio's, 3) - Everything else.

To do all the things discussed at D23 would necessitate a VAST increase in CAPEX for P&R and Disney guidance to the financial community does not include that so far. The only thing that Disney has given guidance on is increasing hotel inventory in Orlando.

So till the the guidance says otherwise all that fun stuff discussed at D23 is VAPORWARE which exists only as press releases

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Disney under Iger has never opened anything on schedule in Orlando, SWL will be no different I've always said it would open the question of course is when ain't gonna happen in 2019 so when from 2020-2023 will it open...

The StarWars hotel will probably open on schedule though.
They open the ticket booths on schedule 365 days a year.,,,

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So are you going on record stating that nothing announced at D23 will be built?

From the movie 'The Right Stuff' It's all about FUNDING, No bucks, No Buck Rogers...

Hard to say till next earnings call, If they say we are increasing P&R CAPEX stuff will get built, If they say P&R CAPEX will be flat to decreasing well D23 was a giant head fake.

Nubs70

Speaking of Ollivanders, I remember taking my little cousin to UNI (in an AP there as well) and she got picked. I thought "oh great, she's gonna get a free wand." As soon as I think that a lady comes up to me telling me that I can buy the wand for $40. :banghead:
My son got picked and he totally schooled Olivander.

If you do not buy the wand, you are.officially the worst parent in the world

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom