A Spirited Valentine ...

FigmentJedi

Wow Paris really did a character palooza for their 25th anniversary grand celebration today. Over 200 characters and many rare ones never seen before. They flew in character performers from all over.

The Saudi Prince footed the bill for most of it.
What impressed me the most was the Atlantis and Treasure Planet characters not only being included as the primary representatives of Discoveryland, but giving them new freshly recorded dialog.

Kman101

Just started the video- is Duffy big in Europe?

I don't think so but they seem to use him. I noticed he makes an appearance in the stage show Mickey Presents - Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris. I don't know if he has a regular meet and greet. I saw a picture on social media of him in a special 25th anniversary outfit for today. But then Max, Goofy's son, also makes appearances in the show and had a meet and greet today in a special costume.

brb1006

I don't think so but they seem to use him. I noticed he makes an appearance in the stage show Mickey Presents - Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris. I don't know if he has a regular meet and greet. I saw a picture on social media of him in a special 25th anniversary outfit for today. But then Max, Goofy's son, also makes appearances in the show and had a meet and greet today in a special costume.
I remember one of the shows in Paris had him and Shelly May speaking english years ago.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Wow Paris really did a character palooza for their 25th anniversary grand celebration today. Over 200 characters and many rare ones never seen before. They flew in character performers from all over.

The Saudi Prince footed the bill for most of it.

Notice who did NOT contribute, Yes that's right Disney...

Princess Leia

Some thoughts (skipped through some of the song and dance numbers, because holy flip is this a big celebration, and I'm watching this during my lunch break lol)
  • Marie, Toulouse, and Berlioz's voices were... not what I was expecting.
  • Ah, Main Street USA, where you will find a Norwegian snowman, 3 French kittens, and 2 English people (I know that the time period fits though)
  • Frontierland- not where I would expect to see Pocahontas in the states (I wouldn't mind to see her do M&Gs in Liberty Square or the American Pavilion)
  • Jose and Panchito probably fit better with Adventureland???
  • Catchy music
  • Holy smokes, that is an acrobatic Tarzan
  • I think Angelica (had to look up her name) is one of the most obscure/rare characters used
  • Atlantis and Treasure Planet costumes look sharp
  • I take back my previous comment, the Stitch aliens win the obscure characters award
  • Does WDW use face characters for Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather?
  • .... and they brought back the awful Jessica Rabbit mask :( Nice to see her and Roger though
  • So. Many. Characters. Though it seems to have been a toss up for which characters would appear from the films. I don't think I saw Prince John? Definitely saw King Richard (who I never saw at WDW). Also, it kind of hurts to see Clopin, but no Esmeralda (I have a lot of pictures with her from 1998)
  • Question- how does Disney determine who is a face character and who gets their face covered? The Big Hero 6 team seem like they could easily be face characters.
This was a really nice way to celebrate the anniversary (especially liked the CMs at the end). WDW won't do anything like this for the 45th, but it would be nice to see something on this scale for the 50th.

Ag11gani

Some thoughts (skipped through some of the song and dance numbers, because holy flip is this a big celebration, and I'm watching this during my lunch break lol)
  • Ah, Main Street USA, where you will find a Norwegian snowman, 3 French kittens, and 2 English people (I know that the time period fits though)
  • Frontierland- not where I would expect to see Pocahontas in the states (I wouldn't mind to see her do M&Gs in Liberty Square or the American Pavilion)
  • Catchy music
  • I think Angelica (had to look up her name) is one of the most obscure/rare characters used
  • I take back my previous comment, the Stitch aliens win the obscure characters award
  • .... and they brought back the awful Jessica Rabbit mask :( Nice to see her and Roger though
  • So. Many. Characters. Though it seems to have been a toss up for which characters would appear from the films. I don't think I saw Prince John? Definitely saw King Richard (who I never saw at WDW). Also, it kind of hurts to see Clopin, but no Esmeralda (I have a lot of pictures with her from 1998)
  • Question- how does Disney determine who is a face character and who gets their face covered? The Big Hero 6 team seem like they could easily be face characters.
This was a really nice way to celebrate the anniversary (especially liked the CMs at the end). WDW won't do anything like this for the 45th, but it would be nice to see something on this scale for the 50th.

Pocahontas was in a weird place, but she actually meets at Animal Kingdom in WDW.
I personally think The Flying Gauchito and Burrito were the rarest, as I have seen Angelica at MK for the Halloween parade 5 or so years ago. The stitch experiments are definitely among thee rarest, along with those like Jessia Rabbit(who looks horrible), Li Shang and the Atlantis Characters.
Flora Fauna and Merryweather are confusing, in most parades including Paris' daytime parade, they are face characters but usually for meets, this and also Spectromagic they had masks. So sometimes they are face others time they are masked.

brb1006

• Catchy music
They have face characters of the fairies as of Festival Of Fantasy

Princess Leia

Pocahontas was in a weird place, but she actually meets at Animal Kingdom in WDW.
I personally think The Flying Gauchito and Burrito were the rarest, as I have seen Angelica at MK for the Halloween parade 5 or so years ago. The stitch experiments are definitely among thee rarest, along with those like Jessia Rabbit(who looks horrible), Li Shang and the Atlantis Characters.
Flora Fauna and Merryweather are confusing, in most parades including Paris' daytime parade, they are face characters but usually for meets, this and also Spectromagic they had masks. So sometimes they are face others time they are masked.
Oh, I don't mind Pocahontas meeting at AK, but if they ever move her, those are my suggestions :)

Definitely agree with you about TFG and Burrito. They looked familiar to me, but I couldn't remember why. :oops:

Can we please get rid of that Jessica Rabbit mask? Idk if it's to protect the woman playing her or what, but it's not a good look.

cdeev8690

Speaking of lifestylers, gonna post this here for posterity. #RIPDisflix
View attachment 199345

They've been blaming everything except for the fact that monetizing Disney blogging in this manner is a stupid idea. Like they were dismissing people calling them out for this as being Trump supporters.

Stupid how?

In that Disney wouldn't enforce the commercial filming rule in the parks? They haven't yet so...

Or that idiot lifestylers would pay? I can assure they would

I know a few of the folks that intended on being involved in this and they're really good people. Whether I thought pay-for-content was a good idea is a different story altogether. I originate in the DIY Punk community so I believe all 'art' is free to enjoy for those that want to enjoy it. I get that they truly love being involved in the Disney community and would love to be able to spend more time and resources on that, but charging other people for content that they can get for free on various blogs and Youtube vlogs, did not charm me.
There are ways to generate money to keep your project going that does not require payment from your viewers/fans/whatever. I'm relieved on multiple levels that this project did not move forward any further than it did, but did not realize that Disney Twitter was so ugly. *Again, I want to reiterate that I understand all of the complaints/concerns people had/have (I share those concerns) but was not down with the witch hunt that I witnessed on my Twitter timeline*

Now I will continue to listen to my free Sorcerer Radio on this beautiful Wednesday afternoon in Philly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom