A Spirited Perfect Ten

doctornick

I know you'd hardly know it judging by this Donald Trump-led propaganda these days, but not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving or Christmas. They just don't.

A lot of people celebrate Thanksgiving and/or Christmas and still see movies those around those holidays. Spending a couple of hours at a family dinner (or opening presents) doesn't prevent people from taking 2-3 hours seeing a movie. Especially when we are talking about a long weekend.

Next Big Thing

A lot of people celebrate Thanksgiving and/or Christmas and still see movies those around those holidays. Spending a couple of hours at a family dinner (or opening presents) doesn't prevent people from taking 2-3 hours seeing a movie. Especially when we are talking about a long weekend.
Yes, I know. But that just goes to prove my point even more. Like I said, a Film like Frozen, which grossed over $1B, opened this very weekend. It was poorly marketed and many didn't even know it was coming out (or at least the exact date, like myself. I knew it was coming out, but not when).

Smiddimizer

I don't know how you can call this guy "dull" Maybe he was portrayed as dull but really??

cnaxD7N.jpg

I think they were talking about the movie. Which...I don't know, I thought it was pretty darn good.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm going to interrupt the day's discussion of movies and whatnot to liven things up a bit.
I've got a little something that should lead to some interesting discussion that is worthy of a Spirited thread.

Imagine my surprise when I opened my email this week and found some rather startling information about a well known personality in the Disney fan community. It immediately took me back to Spirit's epic post on LP a few years back, and a topic we have discussed here, about how Disney needs to be careful about the sort of people they associate with. What if one day one of their favorite lifestylers was exposed as a criminal of some sort? (If you haven't read that thread over there, go and do so now. I'll wait.)

Ok, so....into my inbox has arrived information regarding the criminal past of a very prominent figure in the Disney fan community. You all know his name and his reputation. What you don't know is that, back some years ago, he was repeatedly prosecuted for crimes....wait for it...against Walt Disney World.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I'm going to interrupt the day's discussion of movies and whatnot to liven things up a bit.
I've got a little something that should lead to some interesting discussion that is worthy of a Spirited thread.

Imagine my surprise when I opened my email this week and found some rather startling information about a well known personality in the Disney fan community. It immediately took me back to Spirit's epic post on LP a few years back, and a topic we have discussed here, about how Disney needs to be careful about the sort of people they associate with. What if one day one of their favorite lifestylers was exposed as a criminal of some sort? (If you haven't read that thread over there, go and do so now. I'll wait.)

Ok, so....into my inbox has arrived information regarding the criminal past of a very prominent figure in the Disney fan community. You all know his name and his reputation. What you don't know is that, back some years ago, he was repeatedly prosecuted for crimes....wait for it...against Walt Disney World.
:jawdrop::jawdrop::banghead::jawdrop: Wow

the.dreamfinder

Spirit's epic Social Media thread from the Laughing Place forums can be found here: http://mb.laughingplace.com/MsgBoard-T-119691-P-1.asp

alissafalco

That sounds pretty scandalous, please enlighten us. Who?????

the.dreamfinder

Now @Lee , there are all sorts of Social Media personalities in the fan community. Is this person someone we, as readers of this thread and folks who follow the community closely, would know or someone like a Lou Mongello or Ricky Brigante or Jim Hill, a fellow who has branched out into traditional media (Fox, HuffPo, local O-Town news) that a casual Disney fan may recognize?

Spark70

This sounds like something that could liven up this thread quite a bit! (heck, it even inspired a rare post from me). @Lee I look forward to seeing 1) how this unfolds and, perhaps more interestingly 2) what Celebration Place does (or does not do). I expect the response of those involved will be most revealing.

the.dreamfinder

This sounds like something that could liven up this thread quite a bit! (heck, it even inspired a rare post from me). @Lee I look forward to seeing 1) how this unfolds and, perhaps more interestingly 2) what Celebration Place does (or does not do). I expect the response of those involved will be most revealing.
I wonder if Celebration Place knows this and uses it to keep said personality in line. But why should Disney be dealing with someone like that?

Lee

Adventurer
Is this person someone we, as readers of this thread and folks who follow the community closely, would know or someone like a Lou Mongello or Ricky Brigante or Jim Hill, a fellow who has branched out into traditional media (Fox, HuffPo, local O-Town news) that a casual Disney fan may recognize?
Oh, yes...

Arrested, prosecuted, sentenced...the whole shebang. Time was spent as a guest of Orange County. He was trespassed from Disney property. Crimes were committed on Walt Disney World property.

Crazy, huh? Surely this person is now persona non grata At Walt Disney World. Surely they want nothing to do with him, right?

Wrong. He Is still being invited to events and junkets. Still gets access to Disney parks. He is even used by the company to promote DVDs.

Does Celebration Place have a clue? Would they even care if they did?

His name? James Richard Hill. Or, as the Orange County Jail knows him, Inmate #97-246.

(By the way, none of this information is hearsay or guesswork. This comes straight from public court records.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom