A Spirited Perfect Ten

dizneycrazy09

Before he leaves for his Spirited summer vacation, I'd really like to thank @WDW1974 for all his accurate and well-researched information, especially about the Shanghai situation. He along with other insiders such as @Lee, @marni1971, @articos, @whylightbulb and @PhotoDave219 and others behind the scenes make this site the most accurate source of Disney-related information on the internet. They have proven themselves time and time again and demonstrated journalistic integrity that it so rare on sites such as this. And thank you @wdwmagic for providing a place for this to happen.

Well said! As an avid consumer of all things WDWMagic for a decade now, I have to say that these individuals have kept me coming back all of these years. Thank you for keeping all of our pixer duster needs met despite all of the trolls and naysayers trying to prevent it!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
None of those but they are consolidating a service. From a MK Guest Relations acquaintance the TST MM +/- Service Center is being moved across Town Square to City Hall. She said as of Sunday but I was not that interested so I am not sure if she said this coming Sunday or a week later. So guests can go there to learn about how to use the system and to the same place to complain when it fails. ;) In fairness it could be good news if the system has actually improved so much the consolidation is warranted.

Negative on the improvement GHOSTRIDER, Just another cost cut, To be fair MM+ HAS improved I was able to link my MB's to my reservation for the first time 2 years during my May trip. Every other trip - only the hotel desk issued MB worked for room key, forget charging to room... (yes I 'customized' my mailed bands but they never worked ) FP+ Fuggetaboddit and people wonder why I despise the NEW system.

RivieraJenn

Before he leaves for his Spirited summer vacation, I'd really like to thank @WDW1974 for all his accurate and well-researched information, especially about the Shanghai situation. He along with other insiders such as @Lee, @marni1971, @articos, @whylightbulb and @PhotoDave219 and others behind the scenes make this site the most accurate source of Disney-related information on the internet. They have proven themselves time and time again and demonstrated journalistic integrity that it so rare on sites such as this. And thank you @wdwmagic for providing a place for this to happen.

Hear, hear! Thanks to all who make this site such an informative and entertaining read. (Although it does nothing for my productivity!)

PhotoDave219

Insider? I'm the worlds greatest secret agent, Duh!

Cesar R M

I prefer to think of them as "fellow alcohol enthusiasts".... except that one girl. She was enthusiastic alright.
As long you dont reach Bond Status.

I mean.. why the hell the guy claims he's an spy.! Everyone knows him and he kills/blows everything away with gigantic explosions!!. Hell he even fights in crowded areas :p

FigmentForver96

So is Bob too good to show up for the Disneyland 60th ceremony? Baxter, sklar, Gurr, Colgaizer, Sherman were there but no Bob. Also Disneyland is using the magic eye theater as a Cupcake giveaway center today.
I imagine he is more focused on Shanghai for the moment rather then worrying about such tiny things like Disneyland's 60th. ;)

Figments Friend

So is Bob too good to show up for the Disneyland 60th ceremony? Baxter, sklar, Gurr, Colgaizer, Sherman were there but no Bob. Also Disneyland is using the magic eye theater as a Cupcake giveaway center today.

I think Tony Baxter, Marty Sklar, Bob Gurr, Richard Sherman, and Mr. Colgaizer are more appropriate for such a celebration, to be perfectly honest.
I know i would much rather have all of them there, partying with the masses, instead of Mr. Iger.

From a historical and symbolic standpoint, oh yes.

:)

Rteetz

I think Tony Baxter, Marty Sklar, Richard Sherman, and Mr. Colgaizer are more appropriate for such a celebration, to be perfectly honest.
I know i would much rather have all of them there, partying with the masses, instead of Mr. Iger.

From a historical and symbolic standpoint, oh yes.

I agree but Eisner was there for the 50th along side of him was Bob and governor of California The terminator.

PhotoDave219

As long you dont reach Bond Status.

I mean.. why the hell the guy claims he's an spy.! Everyone knows him and he kills/blows everything away with gigantic explosions!!. Hell he even fights in crowded areas :p

James who?

He doesn't even drive a 68 Mustang fastback. He's no Steve McQueen in bullit or dare I even suggest Burt Reynolds in gator.

Figments Friend

I agree but Eisner was there for the 50th along side of him was Bob and governor of California The terminator.

True, but Mr. Eisner and Mr. Iger have two completely different attitudes towards such things it seems.

Michael in his best period was proud, excited, and active in being involved in many aspects related to Disney*s theme Parks. Mr. Eisner seemed to have a real passion for them...or at least actively gave that impression.

I do not know Mr. Iger personally, but the impression i get from afar is that his interests lie elsewhere.
I don*t see a real passion there for the Parks, except as income producers.

I honestly was not expecting him to be involved in Disneyland*s 60th today.
People with a REAL passion for what that *little Theme Park in Anaheim* represents, like Tony and Marty, are far more worthy representatives in my opinion.

brb1006

^
This, indeed.

Something i don't think a lot of fans realize, is that the 'Figment' of modern times is NOT in any way even close to the original incarnation of the character of yore.
This is especially true for those who sadly missed out on experiencing the brilliance that was the Original 'Journey Into Imagination' Attraction, which is understandable.

Watching a video representation of that Original masterpiece of themed show and design on YouTube DOES NOT in any way reflect what the REAL experience was like, or how much of a sensory impact that experience was.
You were completely enveloped in what was going on, both visually, musically, story-wise, and even scent-wise.
It is difficult for those who missed it to really realize exactly what it was like, and the same goes for the characters present in both the Attraction and wandering around outside the Pavilion to greet you in person.

If you were fortunate to experience all versions of the Attraction, you would easily be able to see how the character changed from a beloved, impish bundle of creative energy to a extinct, non-entity, to a resurrected clone that is in truth just a annoying pest.

Those two purple dragons may look alike, but trust me, they are not.
Someday i truly hope the 'real Figment' and perhaps his old friend can return in a new, exciting, truly IMAGINATIVE themed experience to take today's savvy Guests on a real 'Journey' in their imaginations and beyond.
No IP's need apply.
;)
Didn't Figment do a solo meet and greet outside and inside the Imagination Pavilion at one point when the third version came out in 2004?
6a012876c6c7fb970c01a73de37319970d-320wi

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom