A Spirited Perfect Ten

Steel City Magic

She proved herself a good soldier who won't rock the boat and was rewarded. Change has to come from the top
Ya know I've always wondered how long you'd have to be a dreamer sleeper cell in the wdw company. Would you have to make it all the way to igers position before you showed you care about quality over price? The board? They'd probably can you even then, and by that point you'd probably be so jaded about the business you wouldn't care anymore. It's a shame, I wonder how many of these people 'lost it' along the way as opposed to never had it

ULPO46

To answer y'alls question's on the Shanghai/ China economic disaster, which has me an investor freaking out, answer is no it doesn't affect Disney as the company only has a small stake in shanghai. If per say the shanghai/Chinese company financing the project goes bankrupt, than a Shanghai Disneyland Resort, could go on hold until another investor comes in.

SYRIK2000

To answer y'alls question's on the Shanghai/ China economic disaster, which has me an investor freaking out, answer is no it doesn't affect Disney as the company only has a small stake in shanghai. If per say the shanghai/Chinese company financing the project goes bankrupt, than a Shanghai Disneyland Resort, could go on hold until another investor comes in.

Over $5B is small?

SYRIK2000

Bob wants you to repeat three words. "It's Staggs Fault!"

ULPO46

Over $5B is small?
The site will cover 963 acres in Pudong, Shanghai, or approximately 3 times the size of the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, at a cost of 24.5 billion yuan (US$3.7 billion) for the new theme park and an additional 4.5 billion yuan (US$0.7 billion) to build other aspects of the resort. 43% of the resort will be owned by TWDC and the remaining 57% will be owned by the Shanghai Shendi Group, itself a joint venture of three companies owned by the Shanghai government.

Cesar R M

It's not worded well then. Sounds like Disney is footing that investment in the article.
I dont think Disney would let any Joe Public know, that they are dealing with commies. And how a "Full Fledged All-American brand" park is more than half owned by the Chinese.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I dont think Disney would let any Joe Public know, that they are dealing with commies. And how a "Full Fledged All-American brand" park is more than half owned by the Chinese.
If Disney doesn't want the public to know these things, they've truly failed. Indeed, it's pretty hard to build something in China without the public knowing you're dealing with communists. The public ain't that dumb.

ULPO46

If Disney doesn't want the public to know these things, they've truly failed. Indeed, it's pretty hard to build something in China without the public knowing you're dealing with communists. The public ain't that dumb.
At least TWDC isn't dealing with the Islamic Republic of Iran. Shanghai has some autonomy better than that on the mainland. But yes it still is communist, yet We "The People" a.k.a. our elected officials are dealing with commies and Islamic radicals everyday so no big deal if Disney builds in Asia. It's a business like any other. After all more than likely the thing you are on commenting about this was built in "Communist China".

PhotoDave219

I only backed up the potions that are backed by other sources, and expressed skepticism about those that aren't (the $3bil budget, Indy clone).

Interesting. Only because I can back up the complete opposite - The budget but none of the attraction specifics.

Not calling you out, just finding that your conclusions and mine are vastly different and I'm trying to figure out why.

skubersky

Yes, kudos to @skubersky for penning it. Only criticism: not mentioning this forum as it is quite obvious that Mr. Donnelly either suddenly turned into this uber-bigtime 'insider' based at Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall or he borrowed information placed here by myself and others.
Yes, I considered mentioning that the blog post in question seemed to be cribbed in good part from here. But since I also steal a lot of info from this forum, I thought it might seem hypocritical ;-)

skubersky

Interesting. Only because I can back up the complete opposite - The budget but none of the attraction specifics.

Not calling you out, just finding that your conclusions and mine are vastly different and I'm trying to figure out why.
I like to say that we are all blind men trying to describe an elephant, everyone has a perspective on different parts but no one can see the whole thing.

I have no firm confirmations on attraction lineups but the Indy ride has not been on any of the plausible plans I've heard. And a wide range of budget figures have been thrown out with different scopes, $3b isn't impossible but it's on the high end of what I've been whispered...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom