A Spirited Perfect Ten

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Disney thinks everything and anything is a "classic" (so far as their marketing and interview content is concerned). However, I'd still expect Toontown to go simply because no one has said anything about a change in plans.

Wouldn't you want the "NFL" (New Fantasyland) treatment back there...? Cash in on all that space for a meet-and-greet-a-palloza? Re-purpose the Roger Rabbit Ride and use Carridges for Cinderella's Charming Adventure?

*1023*

Quinnmac000

Wouldn't you want the "NFL" (New Fantasyland) treatment back there...? Cash in on all that space for a meet-and-greet-a-palloza? Re-purpose the Roger Rabbit Ride and use Carridges for Cinderella's Charming Adventure?

*1023*

The problem is unlike the rest of the park they have to close that part of the park early which was from my understanding why they wanted to put Star Wars there compared to any other area.

Californian Elitist

Well.... There is an arcade that is mostly abandoned in Tomorrowland and it is 2 levels. There is the Magic Eye theater that can go... There is a lame pizza restaurant that was mission to mars... The American Sings 2 story theater building is some kind of Innoventions rip off garbage thing. And the abandoned Rocket Rods/People Mover track.

No real classic attractions in Disneyland's Tomorrowland anymore. Heck I would slay The submarine Nemo thing and AstroBlasters.... That would leave Star Tours and Space Mountain in the land proper and Astro Orbiter out front. If they cut into Autopia's space that would create giant space and not do much if anything to "Classic" attractions. They leave the 3 legacy attractions untouched....

*1023*

Autopia is very much a classic. It's an opening day attraction.

Bairstow

It sounds like you need to plan a trip to Pigeon Forge, TN.

They have the scariest dinosaur ride I could ever imagine.

Apparently it costs $15 a ride since it's a stand alone attraction, but man...seriously...I'm surprised folks haven't totally flipped out on it.

Oh God, Jurassic Jungle Boat Ride is a trip and a half.
Wall-to-wall jump scares which usually end with, "... wait, what was that supposed to be?"
It's also the only boat ride I've been on that has a stationary lift hill yet no splashdown.

AEfx

Oh God, Jurassic Jungle Boat Ride is a trip and a half.
Wall-to-wall jump scares which usually end with, "... wait, what was that supposed to be?"
It's also the only boat ride I've been on that has a stationary lift hill yet no splashdown.

I've been pretty fascinated with it for a week now, LOL. There is another video with this obnoxious blogger girl that you have to skip forward to get to the ride, but what's so cool is that at first they are making fun of it but then they get the total crap scared out of them, LOL.

What creeps me out the most (aside from being almost pitch dark) is the stopping and starting. And as the stupid blogger girl pointed out, it's a lot more terrifying because you don't know if it's just standing there, or if it's broken, or if it's about to leap out at you, LOL.

The entire thing looks totally creeptastic - and the boats are so small you can't "hide" in the center, either. But the fear that it really is rickety is what probably creeps me out the most - you don't know what's intentional and what isn't, and I'd honestly be afraid that one of the dinos would malfunction and fall right on top of you, haha.

Definitely ups the ante from the Jaws ride when it comes to "I know it's fake but mechanical beasts in the water are scary as heck" rides.

AEfx

While you are correct, I also think it is the biggest candidate for the chopping block if they ever choose to build a real E-ticket in MK again.

It's loud, noisy, and a massive footprint - and being totally honest, it's a ride that really could and does exist anywhere/everywhere. It's not even like Splash Mountain - sure, most theme parks have a log ride, but Splash is a whole different level - whereas Autopia is really pretty generic and done just as well, if not better, elsewhere.

OSUgirl77

Well.... There is an arcade that is mostly abandoned in Tomorrowland and it is 2 levels. There is the Magic Eye theater that can go... There is a lame pizza restaurant that was mission to mars... The American Sings 2 story theater building is some kind of Innoventions rip off garbage thing. And the abandoned Rocket Rods/People Mover track.

No real classic attractions in Disneyland's Tomorrowland anymore. Heck I would slay The submarine Nemo thing and AstroBlasters.... That would leave Star Tours and Space Mountain in the land proper and Astro Orbiter out front. If they cut into Autopia's space that would create giant space and not do much if anything to "Classic" attractions. They leave the 3 legacy attractions untouched....

*1023*
As much as I love Star Wars, I don't really like the idea of it taking over DL's Tomorrowland. I want it to get the love it deserves, but not by being taken over by Star Wars attractions. If Toontown does end up getting replaced by Star Wars, I really hope they find a way to save Roger Rabbit. I actually really like that ride, and it would be a shame to lose it.

Sun Tzu

Thanks @MKCP 1985! Yup, absolutely fair to view it that way. Nothing wrong with waiting further and putting even more pieces together. There are certainly enough facts out there though to give one pause as to Disney's agreement with China even with the absence of Bob being seen on site. The CCP is not in this for the benefit of Disney, but for the benefit of the CCP and will always be viewed as such by the party itself. Potential missing money, vast delays in construction, a seeming inability of the head of Disney himself to manage even the PR side...all curious. Some of my job is finding missing pieces to intellectual puzzles and I see enough smoke out there to be at least interesting. But again, totally fair to wait further, just depends on where you fall in the skepticism spectrum. Will be interesting to see what @WDW1974 can put out further. I'll be waiting in the shadows with the other minions.

AEfx

As much as I love Star Wars, I don't really like the idea of it taking over DL's Tomorrowland. I want it to get the love it deserves, but not by being taken over by Star Wars attractions. If Toontown does end up getting replaced by Star Wars, I really hope they find a way to save Roger Rabbit. I actually really like that ride, and it would be a shame to lose it.

I believe one of our local insiders hinted that at least one of the possible plans for CA was to have it occupy space in both lands...with some conveyance or connection to allow folks to pass between them (the impression I got was a la Hogwarts Express, but more muted).

Details weren't given beyond that, and who knows what the plan is at this point - but it is interesting to think about.

That said, I agree, it would be a shame to lose Roger.

You mis-understood..... They could cut into it...Didn't say that they had too...

The current Autopia is very different from the one that existed on opening day. There have been 3 iterations in Disneyland at least. There have been many different cars and there wasn't even a center guide when it opened.
It has been changed, it could be changed again. They've done it before.

*1023*

The problem is unlike the rest of the park they have to close that part of the park early which was from my understanding why they wanted to put Star Wars there compared to any other area.

So you want to close an adult/teen feature area early as opposed to a child oriented area?
If that is what they are thinking, someone needs to look at who the fans are for Star Wars and what their bedtimes are...

*1023*

Californian Elitist

You mis-understood..... They could cut into it...Didn't say that they had too...

The current Autopia is very different from the one that existed on opening day. There have been 3 iterations in Disneyland at least. There have been many different cars and there wasn't even a center guide when it opened.
It has been changed, it could be changed again. They've done it before.

*1023*

They could cut into any attraction.

None of the classics are exactly the same as when they opened. Doesn't change their status.

Quinnmac000

So you want to close an adult/teen feature area early as opposed to a child oriented area?
If that is what they are thinking, someone needs to look at who the fans are for Star Wars and what their bedtimes are...

*1023*

No more so how the area was built made it dangerous during and after fireworks which Star Wars develospment was planning to resolve that issue.

OSUgirl77

I believe one of our local insiders hinted that at least one of the possible plans for CA was to have it occupy space in both lands...with some conveyance or connection to allow folks to pass between them (the impression I got was a la Hogwarts Express, but more muted).

Details weren't given beyond that, and who knows what the plan is at this point - but it is interesting to think about.

That said, I agree, it would be a shame to lose Roger.
Now that you mention it, I remember hearing that as well. If they could do it while still preserving an actual Tomorrowland, I could be okay with that. I just don't want it to become Star Wars Land with a side of Space Mountain. :)

Mike S

While you are correct, I also think it is the biggest candidate for the chopping block if they ever choose to build a real E-ticket in MK again.

It's loud, noisy, and a massive footprint - and being totally honest, it's a ride that really could and does exist anywhere/everywhere. It's not even like Splash Mountain - sure, most theme parks have a log ride, but Splash is a whole different level - whereas Autopia is really pretty generic and done just as well, if not better, elsewhere.
There are 3 prime spots in Magic Kingdom that can be used for new E Tickets without having to remove anything except a backstage parking lot if they were willing to do it.

One in Adventureland
image.jpg

And two in Tomorrowland
image.jpg
image.jpg

I say move it to DHS. Then we can finally have an actual reason for this being in the park as more than just a reference. I really liked the ride in DL, very fun.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I could enjoy an original ride too.
image.jpg

No more so how the area was built made it dangerous during and after fireworks which Star Wars develospment was planning to resolve that issue.

I understand the issue (Why they close ToonTown early)... Perhaps relocating the firing position of the pyro would work... I have no expertise in that area. I will say that it's not much area to work with. The cast building and monorail support takes up space behind IASW building. There is maintenance and storage behind the Town Mountain skyline. Height issues abound in that part of the park. Its a really small area... That might land 1 new attraction and 1 re-purposed (Roger) You won't get anything that needs a big footprint...More screens....

Also, why have Star Tours all the way across the park? Again odd.... As much as I would love to keep Tomorrowland and have it realize it's name, there isn't the will it seems.

*1023*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom