A Spirited Perfect Ten

stevehousse

So the 60th Celebration kicked off last night in DL. From the videos I have watched, paint the Night looks cool, but is still very short, and I wish they would have at least kept the "Paint the Night" chorus from HK...which was the best part of the parade music. even if people dont have brushes to paint with, it still should have been incorporated.

The Forever Fireworks looked great! Really loved the chimney sweepers dancing on the rooftops!

WOC looks good too. Love the additions of lighting to the rides in the background and the extra screen on the ferris wheel.

And for Matterhorn...what a great refurb! love the new additions.

JediMasterMatt

video of raptor encounter...really cheesy but awesome at the same time.

https://twitter.com/OrlandoTourist1/status/601775934442606592

Wow! Universal's screen technology has sure improved. That almost looks like a real three dimensional object.

I'm talking about the tourists of course. They almost look real.

The raptor is real. They hired the Toronto NBA franchise's mascot to work during the offseason. Thankfully Universal never needs to worry about the mascot to be busy this late in May each year.

Cesar R M

So the 60th Celebration kicked off last night in DL. From the videos I have watched, paint the Night looks cool, but is still very short, and I wish they would have at least kept the "Paint the Night" chorus from HK...which was the best part of the parade music. even if people dont have brushes to paint with, it still should have been incorporated.

The Forever Fireworks looked great! Really loved the chimney sweepers dancing on the rooftops!

WOC looks good too. Love the additions of lighting to the rides in the background and the extra screen on the ferris wheel.

And for Matterhorn...what a great refurb! love the new additions.
dammit, I now crave going to DisneyLand!

Monoblanco13

Edit: simply because it works for you, does not mean it's going to work for everyone.

I feel this is where people should learn to deal with it. I decided yesterday to go to 24 HR MK today and was able to get FP for the mountains except 7DMT which is a given. There are going to be times where you can't get a particular attraction but like I love to say stuff happens and I move on.

PhotoDave219

I feel this is where people should learn to deal with it. I decided yesterday to go to 24 HR MK today and was able to get FP for the mountains except 7DMT which is a given. There are going to be times where you can't get a particular attraction but like I love to say Sugar Honey Ice Tea happens and I move on.

So you found something that works for you, very nice.

But guess what? It doesn't work for everyone. I think that people should have to learn that what works for you doesn't work for everybody.

Shaman

I feel this is where people should learn to deal with it. I decided yesterday to go to 24 HR MK today and was able to get FP for the mountains except 7DMT which is a given. There are going to be times where you can't get a particular attraction but like I love to say Sugar Honey Ice Tea happens and I move on.

Plus, you can use all the time saved running around and stand in line for 7DMT. I like the new system and I think we'll only see more enhancements to the process.

Sun Tzu

Long long time lurker. Spirit's Iger/Disney-China conflict has to be unsettling on many levels, whether publicly acknowledged in the press, as of today, or not. From what I understand of the CCP's practices, Iger and Staggs' itineraries were planned well in advance of either one stepping on a plane and undoubtedly were originally cleared by the CCP. Usually these higher level dealings are planned down to the minute detail, size of the table, where people sit, pens to be used, etc. So at some point there had to have been a CCP meeting once they landed and wherein it was "decided" by the CCP that Iger and Staggs would be unavailable for further public festivities. When was that meeting, who else would have been there (CCP officials), what happened and why? Sounds like Mr. Spirit knows and hopefully will share the extent of what he has heard soon. How one could not find this curious and at least unsettling without additional info. I fail to comprehend.

Travel Junkie

So the day after an unreliable website says FP+ will be testing this year at DLR, the LA Times quotes Disney officials saying that Magic Bands will not be coming to Anaheim anytime soon.

Another curious note is about Star Wars, saying there are no plans to get rid of classic attractions while they add Star Wars. I wonder if ToonTown and Roger Rabbit are considered classic or favorite attractions in Disney’s eyes.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-...eyland-but-no-magic-bands-20150521-story.html

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The way things were back in the day worked perfectly fine… I got to make it up as I went along and nobody tried to tell me how to live my life or plan my vacations…
Well, the old system never worked for us, but we still went to the parks. Sorry the new system doesn't work for you, but since you aren't going to the parks anymore, you won't have to worry about it ruining your vacation. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom