A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
i really like OU..having said that they re big Universal fans and any negative info towards Disney is good for universal
I wouldn't call this an unbiased review

and im sure the towel was messed up

Check out the PICTURES, Stuff there would be unacceptable at a Motel 6 much less the Poly. Biased of course but sounds like the OU guy wanted a deluxe experience which he definitely did not receive.

Cesar R M

And we know for a fact that any of that actually happened do we?
I actually wonder why the complainer didn't take the photos to a higher up manager.
Something as awful as that shouldn't be dismissed.
It should have been reported. Not just "shared online in a review site".

Reminds me of that nightmarish CNN investigation report, about many medium level hotels having their bedsheets with.. human fluids and blood.
and "to save costs". They didnt change the sheets until way later .

Not saying he is not telling the truth - just raising the point that it seems rash to declare service dead at WDW due to a photo of a towel. That very thread on that site seems to be be having a good time taking a dig at the WDWMAGIC forums, so perhaps a reaction was being sought. Not sure really, and not really interested to find out.
looks like 2 towels.. AND the sheets.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I actually wonder why the complainer didn't take photos.

Reminds me of that nightmarish CNN investigation report, about many medium level hotels having their bedsheets with.. human fluids and blood.

Follow the link from the OP - he DID take pictures and he DID complain to the front desk. But he did not spam the images across multiple sites for which I give him props

ElBriMan

I actually wonder why the complainer didn't take photos.

I did take pictures.. lol. I went to front desk and they were dismissive. Didn't take any look at it. They did apologize but seemed like they didn't want to deal with it.

i really like OU..having said that they re big Universal fans and any negative info towards Disney is good for universal
I wouldn't call this an unbiased review

and im sure the towel was messed up

I can only speak for myself. I am a theme park fan. Yes, our site has members who favor Universal, but that's not an excuse to be dismissive of any critical comment of any resort. People seem to forget that OU did put Universal on blast for the state of Hulk Coaster back in 2010. Any "good for Universal" means nothing to me. I don't get paid by them, and I'm not on any media lists. I do this because I love theme parks and love talking about it.

Cesar R M

The distribution probably looks something like this, based on a quick 110-sample analysis:

45% of the time you'll wait under 15 minutes.
25% of the time you'll wait 15-20 minutes.
25% of the time you'll wait 20-30 minutes.
5% of the time you'll wait more than 30 minutes.

So 70% of the time, your wait will be less than or about what Disney says ("Every 20 minutes.") 5% of the time, it'll be substantially worse.

The thing to realize is that 5% bad experiences for a huge number of visitors, is still a large number of unhappy people.

I think Disney's bus service improvements is one of the unheralded corporate achievements they've done over the last couple of years.

now, if they could standarize the temps of the buses.
I hate getting up early (as low as 5C in february) and then entering a Bus that has the AC at maximum power (everyone was freezing). and the Bus driver (who was conveniently in "winter gear") was saying he cant change the temps...

That is my biggest beef in my last 2 visits.

burgess

My $0.02 on waiting on Disney transportation. It always seemed to be a long wait, then we timed it. As it turned out, we never waited more than 15 min. It just felt longer. I think this is due to our excitement for going to the park.

I rely on the underfunded, cash-strapped MBTA for transportation, and I rarely have to wait a full 15 minutes for a bus in Boston, unless I'm taking one of the less well-served routes. You'd think Disney would be multiple times more efficient than that, considering they are busing people from expensive Disney hotels to expensive Disney theme parks and back.

GLaDOS

I actually wonder why the complainer didn't take the photos to a higher up manager.

If you read the thread, it was reported, and was handled dismissively. According to his twitter, he was also passed around by Disney's people on the phones when he called to follow up on it.

Cesar R M

363.jpg

how the hell that idea for the movie(as it happened) is about colonization or race?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Why is it suddenly a surprise that Disney is ignoring females with Marvel? The whole reason for the acquisition, widely discussed at the time, was to get content that would appeal more to males, with a strong emphasis on younger ones.

Or the idea that businesses TARGET and focus things based on what they THINK they want to accomplish.

Ok... so lets all paint Disney as stupid in their choice based on your opinion. Check..

But where's the fire?

Cesar R M

Yes that is true, Unfortunately most people have not had training in insurance language, One of my favorite coverages is Inland Marine which is the coverage which protects your camera when travelling...
I wonder if there are coverages like that in my country. Id love to insure my camera when travelling around.
Not fun to lose 3000+ USD in camera gear.

Cesar R M

I don't know what the breakdown is. That's what I'm asking.

Are we comparing a burger to a three course meal?
well, for 52 USD, the burger better be hella good! :hungry:

I did take pictures.. lol. I went to front desk and they were dismissive. Didn't take any look at it. They did apologize but seemed like they didn't want to deal with it.

I can only speak for myself. I am a theme park fan. Yes, our site has members who favor Universal, but that's not an excuse to be dismissive of any critical comment of any resort. People seem to forget that OU did put Universal on blast for the state of Hulk Coaster back in 2010. Any "good for Universal" means nothing to me. I don't get paid by them, and I'm not on any media lists. I do this because I love theme parks and love talking about it.
Sorry, I am working as well and I apologize I wasn't clear. I have fixed my posts.
I usually double take on my posts/replies a few times. To ensure I do not make that many mistakes (english is not my main language).

Sometimes I re-read my stuff and they do not make sense and I try to fix them as much I can.

If you read the thread, it was reported, and was handled dismissively. According to his twitter, he was also passed around by Disney's people on the phones when he called to follow up on it.

Gotcha!, so we can agree the ball is on Disney's side now.

the.dreamfinder

It did get leaked, but most of us wrote off the rumor as Fanboi blather. Nintendo, Disney, and Universal have a history. Back in the 1940s, Nintendo was saved by Disney allowing Disney Characters on Nintendo trading cards. Fast forward to the '80s and Universal almost bankrupted Nintendo over Donkey Kong. So most thought that Nintendo and Universal's rocky past would be a deal killer.

We were wrong.
Surprised no one has brought up that Nintendo was a sponsor at Six Flags In the recent past.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ce-strategic-marketing-alliance-53700197.html

Bairstow

Because a rich white guy sticking a flag in part of Africa and declaring himself king.

It's such a perfect movie for Disney, really.
The backbone of the entire company's ethos is middle-class white girls wishing they were princesses and their parents entertaining this notion with nylon, plastic, and theme parks.
Rather than option the guy's story, I'm surprised Disney didn't buy a bunch of land so they could start granting postage stamp-sized fiefdoms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom