A Spirited Perfect Ten

englanddg

One Little Spark...
A few gems from the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes.

image.png
Only Disney concierge service is less than perfect!

image.png
Only Disney transportation is less than perfect!

image.png
Only Disney housekeeping and maintenance are less than perfect!
Fixed that for you.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
A few gems from the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes.

Impossible! Only Disney concierge service is less than perfect!

Impossible! Only Disney transportation is less than perfect!

Impossible! Only Disney housekeeping and maintenance are less than perfect!

Now if people had the SAME reaction to Disney's outbreaks of poor service instead of giving them a pass because they are DISNEY we might get somewhere

Tigger1988

We all have AP's, However our opening day routine since we are usually staying for 10-14 days is to get food and set up the room for the rest of the stay. We arrived at noon, room was ready at 6PM - long after the 'official' check in and after a long wait one would expect the room to be in peak condition but no it was not.

And I'm off on another business related trip, perhaps I'll get back to WDW or not but the rest of the crew will have a good time.

In other news FP+ worked for me for the first time in 2 years, Can't use the selections as I'm not THERE but a small victory nonetheless.
You showed up 4 hours before official check in. You can't count that towards your wait...

But it certainly makes for a nice dramatic tale.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ah. Well having worked in the insurance industry for a long time, most perception of evil on the insurer is due to ignorance on the part of the insured on what actually is or isn't covered in the policy contract.
Reading plan documents and understanding coverages?

tumblr_lyh1k6P0yt1rn95k2o1_500.gif

But, my personal favorite are when people casually forget when they declined certain policy endorsements (ahem...uninsured motorist, for example) to lower their monthly payment, then get angry when their claim is denied.

Yes, I am right there with ya.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Reading plan documents and understanding coverages?

But, my personal favorite are when people casually forget when they declined certain policy endorsements (ahem...uninsured motorist, for example) to lower their monthly payment, then get angry when their claim is denied.

Yes, I am right there with ya.
You obviously hate poor people.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You showed up 4 hours before official check in. You can't count that towards your wait...

But it certainly makes for a nice dramatic tale.

The wait would not have been a problem if the room had been in good condition as it was I waited 2 hours after 'official' check in for a room which was not ready for occupancy.

And as of NOW the broken items in the room STILL have not been FIXED.

Mike S

Here's an official English transcript of the interview Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata gave last week about the UNI deal in English. @Tahu posted the Japanese version last week.
Via the Parkscope bois
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/150508qa/index.html
I really can't wait to see what we're getting out of this :D

Also, they first met in April last year? I'm surprised something this big didn't leak before it was officially announced. Gotta protect your sources I guess.

PhotoDave219

Ah. Well having worked in the insurance industry for a long time, most perception of evil on the insurer is due to ignorance on the part of the insured on what actually is or isn't covered in the policy contract.

Yeah. Here in the states, the high costs of medicine have most to do with the insurance companies. It's like they get to dictate your level of care....

He seems my attitude towards them.

Disneyhead'71

I really can't wait to see what we're getting out of this :D

Also, they first met in April last year? I'm surprised something this big didn't leak before it was officially announced. Gotta protect your sources I guess.
It did get leaked, but most of us wrote off the rumor as Fanboi blather. Nintendo, Disney, and Universal have a history. Back in the 1940s, Nintendo was saved by Disney allowing Disney Characters on Nintendo trading cards. Fast forward to the '80s and Universal almost bankrupted Nintendo over Donkey Kong. So most thought that Nintendo and Universal's rocky past would be a deal killer.

We were wrong.

Cesar R M

Thanks!

I have spreadsheets of our timed bus research, showing the bus number, destination, and arrival time of every bus, at selected resorts. Somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000 samples over the past 24 months, I think.

Here's a link to our 2016 edition data. Each tab is a separate resort. Where we visited the same resort on multiple days, there's an column showing which entry is for which day.

Here's our bus data for the 2015 edition too. Similar format. I'll get the 2014 edition data if anyone's interested.

In general, the average time you have to wait in the morning for a bus to a theme park, seems to be getting lower in many resorts. It's well under 15 minutes in many places, and 11 or 12 in some situations. There are still instances where you'll get a 35- to 45-minute gap, but those are rare (and the extremes seem to be down).
That actually would fit with the information that was shared here.
That they expanded the BUS fleet.

FigmentJedi

It did get leaked, but most of us wrote off the rumor as Fanboi blather. Nintendo, Disney, and Universal have a history. Back in the 1940s, Nintendo was saved by Disney allowing Disney Characters on Nintendo trading cards. Fast forward to the '80s and Universal almost bankrupted Nintendo over Donkey Kong. So most thought that Nintendo and Universal's rocky past would be a deal killer.

We were wrong.
Nintendo/Disney deal was actually in the 60s. There were playing cards and board games, not trading cards. Additionally, Mickey and Donald are some of the few 3rd Party characters to have their own Game and Watch titles (the other one is Snoopy)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Yes that is true, Unfortunately most people have not had training in insurance language, One of my favorite coverages is Inland Marine which is the coverage which protects your camera when travelling...

Cesar R M

Do you agree with Bob Iger that live sports are the only DVR-proof content that's left out there and will therfore be the last haven for advertisers?
I think the Tv channels and producers need to be clever from now on.
Like shoehorning the products in the series or movies in a clever non obstructive view.
Like some movies in the past have done.

Imagine the scene of The Fifth element.. where Leelo was cooking "chicken".
The machine could display the "LG" brand clearly.
Or the initial rush scene of the flying cab.. adding 3d banners of coke.

That way:
a) we get less annoying intrusive ads that make us wait a lot for the movie to start.
b) the advertisers get their product in.

Cesar R M

Where is your source for that? That's a huge jump.

EDIT: Just so it's an apples to apples comparison, you are stating that a 3 course meal with a plastic trinket for your kid was $16 a person in 2002? Because that is what the $73 includes now.

I'm not making a claim as to the value of either, just confirming the comparison is apt.
but a plastic trinket costs around 52 USD?
And Didn't they reduced costs by using generic napkins?.

There has to be a Pot and Kettle reference here somewhere. . .

Goof's experience is Goof's experience. As you so concisely point out, all replies are everyone else's opinions. There is no Right or Wrong in this case. Kay Sarah Sarah.
the point was the other guy dismissing everyone's issues under the silly "relax" thing (It was not goofyer), that's where the discussion started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom