A Spirited Perfect Ten

RSoxNo1

I think you can look at the design flaws of BoG (not to mention the lousy food) or the very crappy LM ride and the still remaining 1988-era tents and say, that from a creative standpoint, that Not New Anymore Fantasyland was not successful or ''good'' from a creative viewpoint.
Little Mermaid and Mine Train were solid additions, but they would have been perceived much better if there was a true E-ticket in the land.

Skip

Universal's parking structure is commonly filled to capacity and can't really support additional guests parking there/plus it's shared with S*ittywalk employees that can't really park elsewhere. Their infrastructure is already buckling under the current 15 million, I doubt they'll be able to handle 20 million any time soon. Are people aware that the maximum in park at each park is less than 50,000? (and that's beyond inhuman really, IOA is killing itself with crowds around 35,000). I remember the management team freaking out when the parks hit 45,000 each. More rides isn't going to get Universal what it actually needs for long term growth- additional space within the parks. Sure, they have a few pads left and lots of the derelict film studios, but really they're already reaching the limits of what the parks themselves can accommodate. I hope I'm wrong through, with the water park, the new hotel and the pad that they acquired across the freeway, maybe they can get creative with bridges- just get Orlando to pay for it with the I-4 ultimate toll road garbage. That would actually be awesome for them!

Boy, you have such interesting, nuanced opinions of Universal! I especially really loved your incredibly subtle communication of your feelings on Citywalk.

It's funny, I've literally never heard about actual parking capacity problems in Universal's main guest lots. For their employee lots, yes - so they built a garage there. Crazy!

I can tell you'll do great around here.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Annual pass holders are less than 1% of the audience at Walt Disney World. (I believe)

They have little to no significant impact on the crowds.
Cast members as guests can have an impact.

Little Mermaid and Mine Train were solid additions, but they would have been perceived much better if there was a true E-ticket in the land.
Not every place needs a true E-ticket. Fantasyland has never been the destination for true E-tickets.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Cast members as guests can have an impact.

Not every place needs a true E-ticket. Fantasyland has never been the destination for true E-tickets.
Oh?

aet891043LARGE.jpg

Shaman

Annual pass holders are less than 1% of the audience at Walt Disney World. (I believe)

They have little to no significant impact on the crowds.

I just want some slow, low crowd days. If it's not the APs...let's implement some better crowd control. And making MK cost $200 pp is not gonna work. Lol

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Can't tell if sarcastic. In a world where "It's a Small World" is an E-ticket, then Mine Train is a Q-ticket.
Mine train wasn't constructed yet. Anyhow, here's a more balanced one with a few more "larger" rides.

e-ticket.jpg

My point was your claim that Fantasyland has never been a destination for E-Tickets. Say what you want about Small World, but 20k Leagues was by all accounts an E for Magic Kingdom until it was torn down. Back when Tomorrowland and Frontierland didn't even have mountains yet.

As another case in point...Disneyland E.

E-Ticket-from-Wikipedia2.jpg

eticket.jpg

I'd venture a guess that there isn't a significant difference in passholder attendance in comparison to crowded vs. less crowded times of the year. I don't have any numbers to back that up, but it's never occurred to me that AP's would end up making an empty park seem more crowded on lesser attended days. It's just not like Disneyland where a huge contingent socializes there on specific days and totally fills the park. I don't think WDW ever has or will have that same problem. International tourist seasons are more to blame for the parks never really being empty anymore. Between the Brits, Brazilians, Argentinians and our ever shrinking school year, people just end up visiting WDW throughout the year now which really does put a damper on things sometimes. Then again, empty parks are bad for business anyway regardless of our desire for them to be less crowded. :)

PhotoDave219

I just want some slow, low crowd days. If it's not the APs...let's implement some better crowd control. And making MK cost $200 pp is not gonna work. Lol

As Do I. I was really spoiled in 2004 and 2005. That was back in the day when the crowd was much easier to predict and there were dead and down times throughout the year. Those no longer exist.

A "slow" day these days? That's what A normal or busy day used to look like.

My last trip, I lasted about four hours in the Magic Kingdom. I just do not enjoy being around that many other people.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Mine train wasn't constructed yet. Anyhow, here's a more balanced one with a few more "larger" rides.

e-ticket.jpg

My point was your claim that Fantasyland has never been a destination for E-Tickets. Say what you want about Small World, but 20k Leagues was by all accounts an E for Magic Kingdom until it was torn down. Back when Tomorrowland and Frontierland didn't even have mountains yet.
I didn't say "Fantasyland has never been A destination for E-tickets." I said "Fantasyland has never been THE destination for E-tickets." As in, "Walt Disney World has never been THE destination for roller coasters." Yes, Walt Disney World has roller coasters, but THE destination for roller coasters is Cedar Point.

Looking at that stub, I'm spending my E-ticket in Adventureland or Tomorrowland.

Shaman

I'll give you an example.

Picture this...

We're on Main Street getting ready for the 3 pm parade. Where are the APs!?! Three places. If they got a FP (lol), they're there. Spot two is step off. Three is route end. Why? Many are so obsessed with their bffz who are performers, they go from step off, sprint through emporium, and make route end.

The rest of the crowd is your daily park attendance. Yes, there may be some AP and cast here and there. But in reality, most of that is normal guests.

Parades? I'm usually climbing over people to get away from those areas. :D

Or wait 3pm? That's poolside time.

PhotoDave219

Oh I know. I was just pointing out that both parks have a bit of a fine line to walk regarding guests-who-enter-but-don't-pay-and-probably-don't-buy-food-or-merch-either. AKA GWEBDPAPDBFOME.

No cast members can be the absolute worst and I agree with that. When you get the entire college program coming to A limited time magic event (Leap year 24 Hour day, villains party, Star Wars weekends) They can overwhelm the park.

Prime example. Mark Hamill weekend last year. – Members were blocked out. My bothan spies told me there was no negligible impact on revenue for that weekend. They still exceeded their numbers despite attendance being slightly down. And it was a much more enjoyable weekend to be in the parks…

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I didn't say "Fantasyland has never been A destination for E-tickets." I said "Fantasyland has never been THE destination for E-tickets." As in, "Walt Disney World has never been THE destination for roller coasters." Yes, Walt Disney World has roller coasters, but THE destination for roller coasters is Cedar Point.

Looking at that stub, I'm spending my E-ticket in Adventureland or Tomorrowland.
I'm sorry, I thought we were discussing Disney World. Guess not.

That said, it's partially what I hate about the <insert letter>-ticket terminology in a world that hasn't used that ticketing scheme in 30+ years. When you go back and actually see what was allocated to what, the modern "E-Ticket" definition gets muddy fairly quickly.

Back to NFL though, the issue there is it really needed one more ride (note, not attraction...ride). I haven't ridden mine train, but if it's somewhere between Goofy's and Big Thunder I'll be happy.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
As of right now, the 24 hour day is blocked to self admissions, but Star Wars is open for all weekends. No guests though. Yesterday was a crowded day at the Studios - tons of cast and AP. It's the events where you really feel the pain and cramping. I was there for ten minutes to pick up some merch.
Comp tickets are pretty much a trump card over the self-admission block though. It keeps the cast with families away since you need many comp tickets to bring your family, but it doesn't do much to hinder the CPs because the CPs go to the parks with each other. Thus, they have more than enough admissions privileges to enter as much as they want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom