A Spirited Perfect Ten

brb1006

There should be a bar at DTD/DS hat is based off of villains but with Edison and other higher end establishments going in I'm sure that would never happen.

For M&G's:

I think Gaston would be fun with LaFou

Cruella is my fave - hilarious and needs to get more stage time.

Sanderson Sisters M&G would be awesome, along with Madame Medusa and Prince Hanz.
I would love to see Lafou being a meet and greet character. He can be next to Gaston similar to any meet and greet with Captain Hook and Smee. I remember seeing Hans at Disney's One Ice for Frozen, and hoped he would become a new meet and greet character. There's always Halloween, since alot of Villains show up during that season. Maybe Edgar might be found during a future special event. I mean come one, while not many people have seen The Aristocats or remember Edgar. He would start a very interesting conversation with Cruella about how much they have in common with each other. Such as their hatred for cats and dogs.

Last edited:

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Sorry to derail your numerous derailings but ...

Finally had a chance to see Dr. Blondie/Cupcake up close and in person today. As long as she wears that same skin-tight dress she had on at 7 am on a Saturday, she's welcome to use her social media PhD to Twitter all over my Facebook any time she wants.
You succumbed to the blog demagogue? I am certainly not boggled at your ogling. Nor am I surprised that you were agog at isagoge of mystagogy.

or

So you went to the blog thing and found yourself attracted to the good doctor? Not surprising that a male can be overcome by appealing to his baser instincts...

*1023*

Last edited:

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Even the universal fans are really not liking it. For good reason... I guess they don't get that the fnf movies are really not much better than those clips.

They really did try to do a lot with that section of the tour. It was a bit of an overreach coupled with a limited shoot schedule. It is difficult to make a long tunnel video scale. (It took Disney quite a bit of effort and a few tries with TRON on the PeopleMover). An effects fix early might have helped with the helicopter disparity but some of the tech looks good... I'll judge it in person and form a more refined opinion.

*1023*

PhotoDave219

I am so confused - who is Dr Blondie and is that really going to be the thing that carries is to the 1000th page of Spirit's thread? o_O

Some groundbreaking news or something should be a good thing to mark that occasion. :)

You succumbed to the blog demagogue? I am certainly not boggled at your ogling. Nor am I surprised that you were agog at isagoge of mystagogy.

or

So you went to the blog thing and found yourself attracted to the good doctor? Not surprising that a male can be overcome by appealing to his baser instincts...

*1023*

LA face with the Oakland bootie.

AEfx

They really did try to do a lot with that section of the tour. It was a bit of an overreach coupled with a limited shoot schedule. It is difficult to make a long tunnel video scale. (It took Disney quite a bit of effort and a few tries with TRON on the PeopleMover). An effects fix early might have helped with the helicopter disparity but some of the tech looks good... I'll judge it in person and form a more refined opinion.

I gotta say, for just a small portion of a larger attraction, that's a pretty darn impressive thing. The effect is very nicely done. People look like they are holding on for their life. The inside to outside effect looks very well-done. And the whole thing is a little PG-13, too. I was surprised. In general, looks like they have learned some lessons from the Kong attraction and have done it one better.

It actually has me wondering - since Orlando is getting a really really souped up Kong, I wonder how souped up our FF will be.

(And, I just have to say, until you guys were just talking about it and I went and looked, I thought you guys were talking about Fantastic Four and I was really confused - one, why Universal would have anything FF in California, and two, why is anyone talking about Fantastic Four, because even we must have some levels of taste requirements, as in the muck as it gets around here it can't be that bad...)

PhotoDave219

or

*1023*

Are you suggesting that the good Doctor is "Basic?"

AEfx

Are you suggesting that the good Doctor is "Basic?"

No, but when I saw that F&F video above, I thought about the photographer - you'd miss out on the chase part of the attraction, because you'd climb on out at the first scene. By the time you realize that it's an illusion, the tram would be long gone - and you'd say to heck with it, and just join in the scene the next time it runs and freak out the tourists.

I'm not sure what that says about me, but what it says about you is - you have a...reputation.

;)

Bairstow

I gotta say, for just a small portion of a larger attraction, that's a pretty darn impressive thing. The effect is very nicely done. People look like they are holding on for their life. The inside to outside effect looks very well-done. And the whole thing is a little PG-13, too. I was surprised. In general, looks like they have learned some lessons from the Kong attraction and have done it one better.

It actually has me wondering - since Orlando is getting a really really souped up Kong, I wonder how souped up our FF will be.

(And, I just have to say, until you guys were just talking about it and I went and looked, I thought you guys were talking about Fantastic Four and I was really confused - one, why Universal would have anything FF in California, and two, why is anyone talking about Fantastic Four, because even we must have some levels of taste requirements, as in the muck as it gets around here it can't be that bad...)

That CGI, though...
It's hard to believe Universal spent $240 million on this thing. I wonder how much of that went to The Rock's salary.
He really likes calling people "cookiepuss," doesn't he?

Oh, and there's already some amusing footage of the thing breaking down and the Musion Eyeliner people vanishing into the aether:

AEfx

Everyone does need to remember and factor in, that even though the daily rates were very low, the multi-day tickets were only for two parks. The cost of a multi-day ticket now is about $60.00* a day for a ten day any park pass. That difference is a whole lot less shocking. Plus you didn't have an option back then you bought a ticket it was for two parks whether you wanted to go to both or not. Basically the exact same price per ticket.

* I didn't take the time to look it up on the Disney site, but, it is either close or possibly less then that. The down side, no longer non-experation.

So basically, a week of WDW parks (a 3-day and a 4-day ticket) cost about the same back then as the pricing you pay for ONE DAY now, and that's with the 7-day discount. So a week admission at Disney has gone up around 7x what it used to cost.

Given the attractions that we have lost (and some of them rather lengthy rides, replaced by much shorter) - I really wonder how much more "bang" you truly get today more, even when you include the two additional parks. Certainly some, don't get me wrong - but exponentially? No way jose...

Those were really sobering numbers. Very few things that cost that much then have gone up to that degree. I'm not even paying 7x more for milk or gas...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom