A Spirited Perfect Ten

Stevek

Random topic: the fake Disney Facebook pages are once again aggressively promoting fake offers. I find the number of people that continually fall for these equally baffling and heartbreaking. I try to warn people, but does anyone ever listen to me?
Once again? Did they ever stop? I tell my friends to look at the number of followers/likes. If's it's in the millions, it's valid. If it's in the thousands, not so much. But yeah, nobody listens.

ItlngrlBella

I'm just going to interrupt this thread...This Just In... final score from game 1 for The Cup...

Tampa Bay Lightening - 1
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - 2!!!!

image.jpg

Back to Dis-ness....

Lee

Adventurer
I missed this post last night, and I'd like to get a few thoughts out there...
You have tried to create this narrative starting with the Snyder article (which was obviously removed because of the blatant conflict of interest as he is a member of the Redstone family which owns Viacom) and it has completely fallen apart at the seams.
I disagree with both points. I think the narrative has progressed just fine. From the early lists about Iger making mistakes with the deal and his understanding/handling of it, right up to the proof provided by what happened in China recently. It hasn't always been easy to follow, and if you're predisposed to looking for missteps in the laying out of the story, I can understand some level of confusion and misunderstanding. But to say it has fallen apart at the seams is far from accurate. (Granted, I've been privy to lots of things before they became public here, so I may have a slight advantage in regards to how the narrative was unfolding.)

As for the pulled article...you are simply wrong. It was pulled at the request of Willow Bay/Zenia Mucha.
This is not a theory or an assumption. I know this. And because I know it, it allows me to have an understanding about what is going on. If you wish to proceed under the misapprehension that you stated above, frel free. Just realize that you are proceeding from an incorrect position.

Some of your friends have even given you some really kind outs in the past few pages, but your ego is just so large that you don't take them.
Outs? I fall in the friend category, but I don't give "outs." I call it like I see it.

I don't think you are a threat to the WDC.
I think "threat" is too strong a word.
He is a problem for them. Again, that isn't opinion, that's from people in the company. Many, at the highest levels, would love to shut him up. He is making no friends in Burbank with this stuff.

lazyboy97o

I disagree with both points. I think the narrative has progressed just fine. From the early lists about Iger making mistakes with the deal and his understanding/handling of it, right up to the proof provided by what happened in China recently. It hasn't always been easy to follow, and if you're predisposed to looking for missteps in the laying out of the story, I can understand some level of confusion and misunderstanding. But to say it has fallen apart at the seams is far from accurate. (Granted, I've been privy to lots of things before they became public here, so I may have a slight advantage in regards to how the narrative was unfolding.)
The narrative is only consistent within an American context nor is it consistent with the narrative you have started to tell (which is consistent to what some of the "detractors" have been saying).

AEfx

I missed this post last night, and I'd like to get a few thoughts out there...

If I truly were playing the "fanboy/hater" game, I'd say, "Oh, you got tagged, huh?"

See, that was one of the rules WDW1974 posted yesterday about how this game works. The "bad guys" pick a guy to go up to bat, as we collude and scheme against him. Well, if that's the case, then the "good guys" must do the same, right? Those are the rules of the game.

But I'm not playing the game. And I respect you, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt (and knowing your posts as well as I do after all these years, I am pretty sure you wouldn't admit it even if it were true, not because you are prone to fib but because you come across as a very loyal person).

What I am is shocked that all of a sudden this has turned into such a "thing" - all I and a few other folks did was ask some questions. Some of the same questions you yourself asked in the last day or two. Questions that weren't answered. (I expect you will disagree with that, as well - let's just assume you will disagree with everything I'm saying, will save time.)

I'm nothing - I'm not a Disney insider. Just a guy posting on a message board. Yet somehow I have invoked the ire of someone you are claiming is extremely influential. I've made it on his crap list, somehow - just little old me. He spent a great deal of time railing my posts, and making snarky comments about them in other posts. He saw me as someone that was worthy of entering this game he is playing, and quite frankly I don't know how to be anything but flattered that this highly influential person who is making folks "high up" at Disney, as you say, shake in their boots, thinks I am worth all the time he spent "putting me in my place".

That tells me one of two things is true.

One, I (and others) are correct in that this narrative suddenly being created about the progression of this topic is hogwash, having read every posting since it began, and he (and you) just don't want the inconsistencies pointed out (again, not because you like to fib, but likely because you see the "greater good" in maintaining it). Or...

Two, I (and others) have suddenly become quite influential forces in the Disney community, who's mere questions and posts are not only enough to get on the radar of this extremely influential anonymous person, they are significant enough to invoke his ire and be declared a enemies worthy of slaying.

I'm pretty sure I know which one of those it is.

So all that said, I understand that what you posted is your interpretation of what has gone on here. I don't think it accurately portrays what happened. This isn't about what happened in China, it's about what happened on these boards - because in fact, under this current narrative, precisely what people like me were saying in the beginning this was all about was accurate, when the narrative being presented was very much different.

It's absolutely pointless to further go back and forth with battling narratives over what happened in this thread. I mean, how absurd. Should it matter to anyone in the future, they can read it all here in black and white (or light blue and lighter blue?) as long as everyone plays nice and doesn't start deleting postings. I don't think anyone here would stoop that low, and even though tensions have been high at least it no one has taken it to moderation levels.

So our memories of what just happened are irrelevant, because Internet; the record shows what it does. And I'm just fine with that - if we get more info about China to discuss I'm happy to, but as far as this "thing" goes, as far as I am concerned that's that.

Lee

Adventurer
But I'm not playing the game. And I respect you, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt (and knowing your posts as well as I do after all these years, I am pretty sure you wouldn't admit it even if it were true, not because you are prone to fib but because you come across as a very loyal person).
Loyal...yes. But also honest to a fault. I call it like I see it. I don't change my stories, I don't go out of my way to conform, and I certainly don't take part in games.

What I am is shocked that all of a sudden this has turned into such a "thing" - all I and a few other folks did was ask some questions. Some of the same questions you yourself asked in the last day or two. Questions that weren't answered. (I expect you will disagree with that, as well - let's just assume you will disagree with everything I'm saying, will save time.)

I'm nothing - I'm not a Disney insider. Just a guy posting on a message board. Yet somehow I have invoked the ire of someone you are claiming is extremely influential. I've made it on his crap list, somehow - just little old me. He spent a great deal of time railing my posts, and making snarky comments about them in other posts. He saw me as someone that was worthy of entering this game he is playing, and quite frankly I don't know how to be anything but flattered that this highly influential person who is making folks "high up" at Disney, as you say, shake in their boots, thinks I am worth all the time he spent "putting me in my place".
My take on that is this...
When you say something you know to be true, know it with certainty, it's frustrating to have someone try to prove you wrong. Especially in the context of an internet forum where much of the info that one comes into possession of is of a somewhat sensitive nature which precludes one from presenting sources and such. In such instances, one's word, one's reputation, one's track record is all you have as "proof."

An attack on one's information therefore is often seen/felt as an attack on the messenger. When attacked, it is only natural to sometimes lash out.

'74's info is solid. I know this. Not from loyalty or friendship, but from what I know.
If I say the sky is blue, and someone tries to argue the point because they're indoors and can't see proof...it gets...annoying to the extreme.

One, I (and others) are correct in that this narrative suddenly being created about the progression of this topic is hogwash, having read every posting since it began, and he (and you) just don't want the inconsistencies pointed out (again, not because you like to fib, but likely because you see the "greater good" in maintaining it). Or...

Two, I (and others) have suddenly become quite influential forces in the Disney community, who's mere questions and posts are not only enough to get on the radar of this extremely influential anonymous person, they are significant enough to invoke his ire and be declared a enemies worthy of slaying.

I'm pretty sure I know which one of those it is.
I'm not so sure it's either one.

In all seriousness, I'm unaware of any inconsistencies. The narrative feels the same to me as it did months ago when I first heard it. Is it confusing? Yes, apparently very much so for a lot of readers. Again, less so for me since I've heard much of it at one time, not spread out over months as it has been here.

Perhaps it would help if '74 would create a post of bullet points, spelling out every point in succinct, easy to understand language. That might clear up the confusion which I feel may be the root cause of the issues we seem to be having. I don't think everyone can see a question like "Why are there no photos of Bob..." and follow those breadcrumbs to the point he's trying to make. Trying to make readers think can backfire, it would seem.
So our memories of what just happened are irrelevant, because Internet; the record shows what it does. And I'm just fine with that - if we get more info about China to discuss I'm happy to, but as far as this "thing" goes, as far as I am concerned that's that.
Agreed.
It's late, and my brain is far too tired for any heavy lifting.
Let's just sit back and watch where this all leads...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom