A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster

Ah, Phil. The guy who is going to prove me wrong. Buddy, you're barking up a dead tree. After seeing your earlier smarmy comment (volley?) I fully expected you to be the first to chirp.

I just can't figure why that is. Why are you so interested? What's your horse? ... And why is it on my track?

That photo was taken before the store was open. It was a press and publicity shot that the CCP REFUSED to allow to be released with the PR, despite direct pleadings from Bob Iger himself.

Someone named Stitch Kingdom, a Lifestyler site with a very interesting just off Wall Street background, got a hold of it (along with B-roll that Disney produced and wasn't allowed to distribute) and placed it out. And you somehow fell right into the trap.

Even have the only other outlet to date to take it (from SK) and place it out.

Like I said, I do wonder what your motives are. But, please, keep it going because I want this talked about. And why did you feel the need to place that out there when both Bob and Tom were in Shanghai, yet noticeably absent from the opening?

Don't you find that to be a bit disingenuous, even by forum standard, Phil?

What are you supposed to be? An intelligent version of my PML stalker ... or just a mudder running around the track to try and make it seem like a real race?

PhotoDave219

Ah, Phil. The guy who is going to prove me wrong. Buddy, you're barking up a dead tree. After seeing your earlier smarmy comment (volley?) I fully expected you to be the first to chirp.

I just can't figure why that is. Why are you so interested? What's your horse? ... And why is it on my track?

That photo was taken before the store was open. It was a press and publicity shot that the CCP REFUSED to allow to be released with the PR, despite direct pleadings from Bob Iger himself.

Someone named Stitch Kingdom, a Lifestyler site with a very interesting just off Wall Street background, got a hold of it (along with B-roll that Disney produced and wasn't allowed to distribute) and placed it out. And you somehow fell right into the trap.

Like I said, I do wonder what your motives are. But, please, keep it going because I want this talked about. And why did you feel the need to place that out there when both Bob and Tom were in Shanghai, yet noticeably absent from the opening?

What are you supposed to be? An intelligent version of my PML stalker ... or just a mudder running around the track to try and make it seem like a real race?

Stitch Kingdom is a guy named Brad. And he absolutely must be always right, Always. Met him once. I'm not a fan.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Do you thing that phillip (the commenter) is @Phil12 ? Strange how shortly after that @Phil12 posted the photo.

*1023*

Nope.

I honestly thought it might be our own @phillip sugarman actually.

I doubt it is @Phil12 or even my own buddy and Celebration's own Phil Kippel.

Phillip Sugarman is actually someone who is interested in the topic. Not simply trolling or repeating the same BS lines no matter how much evidence I place out there.

Phil12

Actually, I was trying to help. After seeing your post about why no photos of Iger at the China Disney Store, I Googled, "Iger at China Disney Store" and the first result was the Business Wire photo I posted.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Stitch Kingdom is a guy named Brad. And he absolutely must be always right, Always. Met him once. I'm not a fan.

Interesting. Any idea how Brad would have gotten the B-roll and the pic when it wasn't embargoed ... it was just flat out withheld.

I know he has ties to The Disney Store chain as he seems VERY into selling their merchandise. I just don't find him being the one to have this to speak well of anything ... feel free to comment here or by PM. I need to grab dinner before every fast food outlet in my swampy home closes down.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Actually, I was trying to help. After seeing your post about why no photos of Iger at the China Disney Store, I Googled, "Iger at China Disney Store" and the first result was the Business Wire photo I posted.

Sorry, Phil. But I just wonder why it seems you are always here on stand by. And always beating the same horse ...funny thing, you're riding it (you either know that and that's the point or you don't but you are).

PhotoDave219

So I've done too many Business assignments. I remember all the ones I did for Reuters, I was specifically told to always photograph the head corporate people and move those photos as well.

For this? The photo is Iger with those Dragons. Thats the storytelling, lead photo. Thats what you run. Thats what you want.

Lets take Disney out of the equation and a real world situation. Blackberry world, at the Marriott World Center a few years ago. One where the CEO announced the new Blackberry phone? Thats the photo. Him with Phone in hand, Blackberry logo on screen behind him. Sat at my editing position moving an earlier frame and just grabbed the camera next to me and hammered the shutter. Beat everyone on the wire, if i remember. Thats what ran because thats what the story is.

The story here is Disney in China. You don't want some underling as the lead photo because honestly, nobody gives a flying crap about who the underling is. (Sorry Paul Candland) They care about the CEO. (Memo to Celebration Place, thats your free lesson of the day). You want the biggest fish. Gives the biggest play and the biggest splash.

PRNewswire runs EVERYTHING. So much so its annoying. But they run anything. And them not moving a photo of Iger in Shanghai? Thats big. Something is rotten here. I'm thinking of $800 Million ways Iger is getting played.

PhotoDave219

Interesting. Any idea how Brad would have gotten the B-roll and the pic when it wasn't embargoed ... it was just flat out withheld.

I know he has ties to The Disney Store chain as he seems VERY into selling their merchandise. I just don't find him being the one to have this to speak well of anything ... feel free to comment here or by PM. I need to grab dinner before every fast food outlet in my swampy home closes down.

None whatsoever. He's got great sources. He does an amazing job with what he does. We just don't care for one another.

Phil12

Sorry, Phil. But I just wonder why it seems you are always here on stand by. And always beating the same horse ...funny thing, you're riding it (you either know that and that's the point or you don't but you are).
I'm just a fan of accuracy and I always try to refrain from jumping to conclusions without good evidence. The emotional pitch you whip up among the minions mimics Gaston's inflammatory rhetoric to encourage the town folk to kill the beast. I'm in no rush to judgment. However, I also wonder about your ulterior motives as well.

ThemeParkJunkee

I am a former hospital CFO and know a lot about insurance companies and medical facilities.
I was married to a surgeon for 13 years and ran his clinic.
I belong to a not for profit group that has the same popcorn machine being discussed.
I am not posting on these subjects because I am more interested in why Bob and Tom have not been featured in the propaganda regarding the Disney Store and new park in mainland China.

PhotoDave219

I found it on BusinessWire.Com (A Berkshire Hathaway Company) and they moved it, crediting "Courtesy Disney Store China."

Guessing thats where he got it. Interesting how that photo wasn't on Getty, Reuters or any of the other Big Wire services. That I find weird.

PhotoDave219

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom