A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That is quite creepy...:cautious:

I'll think you'll find the aircraft registered to one of the beltway bandits with multiple 'Stingrays' aboard,

I'll also bet that the crews are not government but employees of some beltway bandit, This gets around the pesky 'government surveillance' bit if a third party does it and SELLS the data to the government - it's all ok then, It's really not but so far not explicitly illegal.

EDIT - for the curious

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Inquiry.aspx

Put in a tail number and it will show who aircraft is registered to.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

I'll think you'll find the aircraft registered to one of the beltway bandits with multiple 'Stingrays' aboard,

I'll also bet that the crews are not government but employees of some beltway bandit, This gets around the pesky 'government surveillance' bit if a third party does it and SELLS the data to the government - it's all ok then, It's really not but so far not explicitly illegal.

I think you're right however Its looking more and more like its the FBI. They refuse to discuss their use of stingrays/triggerfish/cell phone tracking technologies.

Mike S

That concept art of the facade looks amazing...........
image.jpg
image.jpg

It'll give their very own London a run for its money :D

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't look at it like getting carried away. I see it as making up for lost time. There was almost a decade post 9/11 through the "great recession" when heavy investment didn't make as much financial sense. The economy is recovered and WDW is doing really well. Now is the time to get expansions greenlit.

Sometime it would be nice to see this so called 'recovery...' Let's see labor participation down to the lowest level since records kept, real wages down 5% since the start of the recovery, more businesses closing than opening, Oh and the so called factory output number has been juked too as electric power generation and fast food sales are considered 'manufacturing'.

The BRAVO-SIERRA coming out of DC reminds me of the good old days of listening to Radio Moscow touting historic agricultural production levels while buying most of their wheat from the US, Argentina and Canada.

Amerika reminds me more of the old Soviet Union every day especially the fake news coming from the major broadcasters. Real news these days comes from overseas...

Cesar R M

Airplanes registered to a third party. taking off from an airport near where I am and conducting surveillance over West Baltimore during their unrest. Rather creepy.

Much more disturbing than Mickey tracking everything I do at WDW. Speaking of which.... @WDW1974, we ever find out more abut Palintir & their role with MM+/NextGen? Or were they simply helping build the database that analyzes every movement we make?
you mean "Palantir" ?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I think you're right however Its looking more and more like its the FBI. They refuse to discuss their use of stingrays/triggerfish/cell phone tracking technologies.

Much of that issue stems from the equipment vendor R.F. Harris who builds that stuff, Let's just say I have access to 'Green Radios' from that vendor there are crypto boards in them where they don't even share the details with the government for repair and maintenance. Simply RTH (Return to Harris) for diagnostics and repair.

71jason

I'd venture a guess that there isn't a significant difference in passholder attendance in comparison to crowded vs. less crowded times of the year. I don't have any numbers to back that up, but it's never occurred to me that AP's would end up making an empty park seem more crowded on lesser attended days. It's just not like Disneyland where a huge contingent socializes there on specific days and totally fills the park. I don't think WDW ever has or will have that same problem.

Check any of the online guides--Saturday is, at worst, a "middle of the road" day to visit--because it's a travel day to out-of-town guests. Worst days for crowds at any park are the ones with morning EMH and MK on Sunday/Monday and EPCOT on Tuesday. All suggest out-of-town guests, not locals, are driving crowds.

The only places I see locals in significant numbers are the bars around World Showcase and Typhoon Lagoon.

International tourist seasons are more to blame for the parks never really being empty anymore. Between the Brits, Brazilians, Argentinians and our ever shrinking school year, people just end up visiting WDW throughout the year now which really does put a damper on things sometimes.

Agreed--I'd throw in the myriad of RunDisney and cheerleading/Pop Warner events. WDW has gotten very good at making sure every week has something going on.

PhotoDave219

I guess its time to start discussing Comcast/Universal's Hockey team.....

So the Flyers have 15 Free Agents. Tho the Pronger & LeCaviler contracts have them tied up for almost $10M in salary for a player thats out of the league and a player that currently has the skating ability of a traffic cone.

My boy Brandon Manning (No Relation) resigned for a year with the Flyers. At least the Coburn and Timonen money will be freed up as well. Hopefully they can resign Michael Del Zotto for the blue line, he's a UFA.

Lord knows what theyre going to do when Voracek's contract ends.

71jason

As of right now, the 24 hour day is blocked to self admissions, but Star Wars is open for all weekends. No guests though. Yesterday was a crowded day at the Studios - tons of cast and AP. It's the events where you really feel the pain and cramping. I was there for ten minutes to pick up some merch.

It's a debate from last year, but I still maintain the admittedly large crowds at SWW are primarily made up of the same CMs/lifestylers who go every weekend year in and year out. Go the first weekend and the last, you'd see the same faces crowding the front of the stage during the Hyperspace Hoopla. I know because I'm on a first name basis with dozens of them.

ETA: Not just a Disney phenomenon. No costumes, but largely the same can be said of HHN--hell, a lot of the same people at each. But these are not people who visit the parks during "regular" days in any significant number.

ABQ

I guess its time to start discussing Comcast/Universal's Hockey team.....

So the Flyers have 15 Free Agents. Tho the Pronger & LeCaviler contracts have them tied up for almost $10M in salary for a player thats out of the league and a player that currently has the skating ability of a traffic cone.

My boy Brandon Manning (No Relation) resigned for a year with the Flyers. At least the Coburn and Timonen money will be freed up as well. Hopefully they can resign Michael Del Zotto for the blue line, he's a UFA.

Lord knows what theyre going to do when Voracek's contract ends.
I can't stop laughing about the Pronger salary hit. He was a bum long before Comcast signed him. However, I won't laugh too hard, as the Bruins are still paying for Marc Savard. However, he was not a bum when he signed him, just another victim of the history of cheap shot artists that reside in Pittsburgh. I'm still looking at you, Ulf.

And I know you didn't really want to turn the discussion to hockey, Dave, but I felt why not respond.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It's a debate from last year, but I still maintain the admittedly large crowds at SWW are primarily made up of the same CMs/lifestylers who go every weekend year in and year out. Go the first weekend and the last, you'd see the same faces crowding the front of the stage during the Hyperspace Hoopla. I know because I'm on a first name basis with dozens of them.
What's your theory on why they're so crowded if it's the same people? Just because it's concentrated all at DHS?

From a business perspective, events like SWW are the one time when you want the lifestylers and CMs. Those types of guests usually buy less merch and F&B per visit than a "regular" guest. When there's "limited availability" offerings, their spending rate increases.

PhotoDave219

I can't stop laughing about the Pronger salary hit. He was a bum long before Comcast signed him. However, I won't laugh too hard, as the Bruins are still paying for Marc Savard. However, he was not a bum when he signed him, just another victim of the history of cheap shot artists that reside in Pittsburgh. I'm still looking at you, Ulf.

You mean "Lost in the first round AGAIN" Pittsburgh?

Between Ulf Samuelson and Darius Kasperitus, Pittsburgh had the market cornered on headhunting defensemen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom