A Spirited Perfect Ten

ToInfinityAndBeyond

The marketing potential of this little droid is sky high.

84886d32d69efdca932bc8cc50509c1f4c4f1da3.jpg

Let's hope not.

Frankie The Beer

Live Star Wars trailer reaction from the floor of convention.
Crowd went nuts...fun to watch.

You have to hope it finally got through to Iger's head what he's dealing with here after watching the crowd erupt on that little teaser. I'll be the first to apologize for Mr. Iger, and Disney is playing this up better than even they probably could ever imagine, but I really, really hope they understand how big a deal this could potentially be, especially at the theme parks.

Nubs70

Disney Marketing is by far one of the best.... Digital movies released last week now this event.... Imagine the sales they will get now with all the press they are getting.... I was a sucker and bought the movies last week but they are a marketing machine.
Imagine if they were building attractions in DHS. I think there would be a little smidgen of interest.

choco choco

There was actually more practical stuff on the Prequels then you'd think. Yeah, there's blue-screen and CG out the butt in those movies, but there was also a ton of miniatures.
ZZ29B5A692.jpg

image014.jpg

cool-photos-of-the-practical-effects-used-in-star-wars-prequel-trilogy-preview.jpg

star-wars-prequels-sets-34.jpg

The cleanliness of the prequels was an artistic choice to create a contrast between the nostalgic days of the Republic and the griminess of the Empire era.

A huge contributor to the anti-septic look of the prequels had to do with the digital cameras used to film them (the last two, I believe Phantom Menace was shot on 35mm). George Lucas was really huge on the technology, and the Star Wars prequels were basically the first big franchise pictures to really use them.

There are merits to either camera choice, but it's no secret that the huge amount of color correction we're seeing in films nowadays has to do with digital's inability to get that dreamy, luminious quality that humans associate with a motion picture. Digital, especially digital cameras in its infancy, had to be lit in such a way that it made even detailed, practical models look like plastic.

I think a lot of people who are espousing the "old Star Wars" look of the film don't realize what a difference ol' trusty real reel film makes. Look at the explosion from the trailer yesterday. It has been ages since I've seen an explosion with that type of color and warmth. Then watch the Avengers trailer...and weep at how the saturation/desaturation gives everything this hard-to-describe sheen, like looking through a car whose tinted windows have been aged poorly by sun and time.

Last edited:

rael ramone

In other news Verizon has broken the bundle for FIOS subscribers, Just broke on CNBC/Bloomberg, Now we know why VIACOM devalued it's cable properties a couple of weeks ago.

The first cracks in the dam are appearing, It should be interesting once customers no longer have to purchase ALL the channels,

I expect properties like ESPN will be hit the hardest and for non-TV watchers like my inlaws (too busy creating stuff to watch TV) they would be happy to get local channels only.

Worse hit than ESPN will be Major League Baseball. So many teams (Yanks, Red Sox, Dodgers) make their $$$ through local cable networks. If the non watchers decline YES network, etc, how much will the watchers be willing to pay? Then how to they then pay all those fully guaranteed contracts?

Cesar R M

Same here. BB-8 has me really excited for Ep. 7. I'm really hoping they build more so they can do M&Gs in the parks.
Video from the panel

that looks like a magnetic ball with the "egg" technique ( to keep things upright) and using a magnet (to keep the top "hat"glued to the top of the ball)

JediMasterMatt

You have to hope it finally got through to Iger's head what he's dealing with here after watching the crowd erupt on that little teaser. I'll be the first to apologize for Mr. Iger, and Disney is playing this up better than even they probably could ever imagine, but I really, really hope they understand how big a deal this could potentially be, especially at the theme parks.

Nah, Bob was sitting there thinking... how did JJ get that Apple Watch and there's got to be a way to use that technology in the Parks. I better throw a few billion at figuring out Watch Gate before the Soviets do.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
- The black-armoured Stromtrooper (first thought was "the new trilogy's Boba Fett").
I had similar thoughts. Heres more info: I put this in a spoiler just because it has character info that some may not to be aware of yet

baron fel.jpg

I was really hoping it might be Baron Fel but @BriarRose1701 posted a link that suggests it could possibly be Captain Phasma played by Gwendoline Christie (Game of Thrones). It would make sense because Phasma and Kylo Ren (Sith with the cross blade light saber) appear appx 30 years after Battle at Endor (ROTJ)

PhotoDave219

I had similar thoughts. Heres more info: I put this in a spoiler just because it has character info that some may not to be aware of yet

View attachment 90101

I was really hoping it might be Baron Fel but @BriarRose1701 posted a link that suggests it could possibly be Captain Phasma played by Gwendoline Christie (Game of Thrones). It would make sense because Phasma and Kylo Ren (Sith with the cross blade light saber) appear appx 30 years after Battle at Endor (ROTJ)

At least someone uses a darn spoiler tag around here!

So who wants to hear about Game of Thrones?

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Is there any chance that with the hype Star Wars is creating, which is HUGE, will spur the company to consider spending the money and building Star Wars land at a blazing fast speed rather than shooting for 2020?

Maybe they learned a bit with Frozen and after seeing what the last 24 hours has brought as far as fan excitement that maybe, just maybe there will be talks to not wait as long and "act on a hot IP" in the proper way? Theyve gotta be drooling at the potential to cash in on this even if it means dropping a hefty amount of money to get it done quickly. They just made a butt load of money yesterday in stock increase alone.

Cesar R M

Is there any chance that with the hype Star Wars is creating, which is HUGE, will spur the company to consider spending the money and building Star Wars land at a blazing fast speed rather than shooting for 2020?

Maybe they learned a bit with Frozen and after seeing what the last 24 hours has brought as far as fan excitement that maybe, just maybe there will be talks to not wait as long and "act on a hot IP" in the proper way? Theyve gotta be drooling at the potential to cash in on this even if it means dropping a hefty amount of money to get it done quickly. They just made a butt load of money yesterday in stock increase alone.
Maybe.. maybe.. they will build.. not only one themed toilet..

TWO FULL FLEDGED THEMED TOILETS.. the VADER one and the "HAN SHAT FIRST" Mosley Cantina toilet

jzDp0XG.gif

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Hahahahahaha.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

No.

DisDan

My thoughts exactly, I mentioned this in the Star Wars park thread and I think it would be foolish of Disney to not try and capitalize on this and at least attempt to have the park well underway and possibly even completed before the second movie is released. I know that is not likely though, that would mean Pandora and Star Wars land opening very close to each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom