A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
Option E - If any portion of the $800MM ended up in the hands of the Chinese officials hands and can be linked back to Iger, not only will Wall Street like Iger less but Iger will be the target of a civil, criminal and SEC investigation.

The SEC investigation would be a distraction in the USA. But being targeted by the Central Government's massive anti-graft campaign would be huge and devastating to The Walt Disney Company and its future plans in China. That's the only reason why that column was censored. I don't know this as fact, but it is the only thing that makes sense. One seemingly innocuous passing reference about the anti-graft campaign going on in China, likely led to a very tense high level meeting in the building with Dwarfs on it.

I know media is reading this. I would hope they do their damn jobs and report the news, not worry about access and punitive measures from Disney ... and I would encourage people to contact reporters.

Like I saw in @hpyhnt 1000 's post above, this absolutely has gone from something smelling funny to smoke to flames ... and it damn well could engulf a dry Burbank hillside, but someone has to have guts and ethics and then not be swayed by powerful people both in and out of the journalist's own organization. Again, we live in a country where the NSA/Snowden story would never have seen the light of day if not for it breaking overseas first. Things really are that bad in the USA today.

Again, if fanbois got it, then they'd be Tweeting #DisneyBribes and #DisneyCensors. Enough people do that, and media can't ignore this.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I know the nature of these threads is something different, but I'm pretty sure this is the only post in this thread that contains actual rumor related to the parks.

What effect on Gringotts isn't working correctly?

Not true. Plenty of posts have news in them. The nature of these threads is I generally don't spoonfeed people and stuff does get lost and missed.

The finale scene with the hole in the screen.

Nubs70

Not true. Plenty of posts have news in them. The nature of these threads is I generally don't spoonfeed people and stuff does get lost and missed.

The finale scene with the hole in the screen.
Is this the scene when you follow the dragon out?

It worked well several times when I was there in February. Once the scene went cattywhumpus. It was pretty neat to see all the screens and how the projections worked.

bhg469

Is this the scene when you follow the dragon out?

It worked well several times when I was there in February. Once the scene went cattywhumpus. It was pretty neat to see all the screens and how the projections worked.

GRINGOTTS SPOILER!

Yes, but the fog hides the hole perfectly still. You cannot see the hole at all when you pass through it. Unfortunately leading up to that moment you are seeing the hole in the large screen.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Still checking daily for that DAK land rumor. You're a bigger tease than my junior high girlfriend

That's what all the fanbois say. They show me theirs and I show them my ... vinylmations. Seriously, I am very worried about Angie seeing me in a bathing suit soon. Another 40-50 pounds and I'll still be about 150 pounds under the typical ECV user at WDW, but I'll still look like I could be on one and that really scares me.

Now, what is it that you wanted, andy?

I never promised a DAK land rumor. There's an Avatar story floating out there that I have heard through the grapevine and won't put out without another source.

Nubs70

I mostly lurk here, but I am pretty familiar with FCPA due to my employment. FCPA settlements rarely if ever impact a corporations management. Most settlements are in the low millions to the hundreds of millions, either way pocket change to DIS.

Your scenario as described above is wishful thinking unless Iger himself handed cash directly to someone, or directed others to bribe officials it won't come close to touching any 'C' level employee or having a material impact on the balance sheets.

All you need to do is look at the list of cases and settlement amounts: http://www.sec.gov/spotlight/fcpa/fcpa-cases.shtml

Recognize some of these names? GE, Pfizer, Oracle, Diebold, Smith and Wesson, Avon, Ralph Lauren, Alcatel-Lucent, and Daimer Chrysler. I don't think these prosecutions/settlements came anywhere close to the impact you are describing above.
While ultimately Bob may never be directly impacted, it would be nice to send him off into retirement with an asterisk like Barry Bonds.

bhg469

That's what all the fanbois say. They show me theirs and I show them my ... vinylmations. Seriously, I am very worried about Angie seeing me in a bathing suit soon. Another 40-50 pounds and I'll still be about 150 pounds under the typical ECV user at WDW, but I'll still look like I could be on one and that really scares me.

I never promised a DAK land rumor. There's an Avatar story floating out there that I have heard through the grapevine and won't put out without another source.
SOMEONE SOURCE THIS MAN!!!

Nubs70

It's not pounds, it's life experience. Wear it proudly.

Like the Pergamon on Museum Island in Berlin. The pock marks on all the beautiful architecture are the result of history. As one of the idiot undergrads said as we passed by on the U-Bahn, "Wow, they really don't take care of their buildings here" I just shook my head.

Phil12

Let's say that The Walt Disney Company, run by Robert A. Iger and building the Shanghai Disneyland Resort is involved in criminal enterprises/acts in China. Why would the writer's angle matter one bit? It wouldn't.
This suggestion is nothing more than gossip spread by persons that are self described as Iger haters. There is a lot of speculation and wishful thinking that Bob Iger will be found guilty of something serious enough to make him step down from Disney. Yet, evidence is sorely lacking. If I believed in such innuendo, then I would have expected by now Willow Bay to have left her position at USC Annenberg in order to spend more time with her family.

I have this old fashioned notion of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Nubs70

This suggestion is nothing more than gossip spread by persons that are self described as Iger haters. There is a lot of speculation and wishful thinking that Bob Iger will be found guilty of something serious enough to make him step down from Disney. Yet, evidence is sorely lacking. If I believed in such innuendo, then I would have expected by now Willow Bay to have left her position at USC Annenberg in order to spend more time with her family.

However, C-suite occupants operate under "The appearance of impropriety." Appearances lead to questions being asked that can lead to additional appearances. The Onion Effect.

Mike C

NearTheEars

in other news.. the apologists invaded that monorail thread.

Yeah that's unfortunate. Like I said over there, I'm pretty positive when it comes to the parks, but not the monorails. I'm not saying every single cabin is in disrepair, but several are.

Yeah, blame the disrespectful, sloppy guests for the damage. But it doesn't matter how it's done. Those guests are fueling the resort. Cleaning up after them is just the cost of doing business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom