A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I doesnt seem to matter (pants or shorts) in the summer down here I sweat through anything when I'm out and about. So khakis get a little embarrassing to wear after a while in the heat.

Luckily I'm in my nice little air conditioned cubicle all day, then go straight to my air conditioned townhouse for the remainder of the day in the summer.

Sorry for the over share.

My DFIL would say a hitch in the Marines would cure what ails you :D

asianway

Where on earth did you get that idea? All I said was Disney has stated the Disneyland band is staying and we don't know what is going on so don't jump to conclusions. Which is what I see you have done.

Edit: and for the record this is what members were told. It is a revamp and the band is union so if any labor laws were being broken as you suggested the union would be all over Disney.

"musicians were told that band will be re-auditioned with the same instrumentation plus two musicians. There is to be new music and the job will be more “acting intensive.” Veteran band members will continue full-time employment in smaller bands; formerly “break-out” groups from the larger ensemble for an indeterminate period of time, or they will be given the option to audition for this new iteration of their old job. This of course raises many questions, the answers to which are evolving.

The current Band’s last performance will be the day before Disneyland’s 60th anniversary; the Band will have been in continuous service for all of those years; it is, as the Disney Parks Blog points out, “iconic.” Musicians have been performing in it for 10, 20, up to 42 years. It is a first rate, finely honed, professional ensemble; its members have been providing exemplary service both the Park and the community for decades. Happy anniversary to all."
You were the one who suggested it. May want to reread your post.

jakeman

The greater point which you missed is with a hub retheming they had an opportunity to select a design unique to WDW instead they chose to use a generic design from a industrial supply catalog. #FAIL,

I could see the generic ones during the construction phase if they did not want to telegraph the design choices but right now it's pretty obvious that Cheap-N-Nasty rules the day, Show be D----ed. What's next recycled 55 gallon drums?
It's the same trashcan they've used for 40 years. It just doesn't have a logo on it.

Good lord man...take a pill...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Why is everyone's mind in the gutter today ????, That concept never entered my mind just the melting ice creams which used to be cleaned up instantly by custodial CM's but which now sit and bake in the sun.

One of the members who is a CM noted that custodial is now dispatched by computer they are no longer free to roam about and clean up as necessary which is one reason park is turning into a filthy mess.
If true, thats ridiculous. I understand the efficiency that computerized systems offer but there comes a point where human interaction outweighs any and everything that an automated system offers.

Look at how long it takes to get through all the mess when you call 407-WDISNEY. The questions it asks you is an attempt to streamline your call to the proper operator, but the amount if time it takes is silly. Whats funny is, when it misunderstands your response it just connects you to an operator and your good . Thats proof that ANY operator can help you, so whats the point of asking all the questions to "connect you to the right operator"?

PhotoDave219

Honestly I don't think you really do. Real grass would be impossible to maintain with the amount of foot traffic that area gets. Then we'd just be complaining that the area always has dead grass. Sometimes you have to pick your battles.

You really, really are behind.

The ironic part of this post is that DAK, the park i assume you were referring to that still has shade, is often talked about as the hottest park... because of the immense amount of trees. The density of trees (the leaves specifically) holds in the heat and makes it feel hotter than it really is.

You'll have to see the photos posted of the hub the way it was.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If true, thats ridiculous. I understand the efficiency that computerized systems offer but there comes a point where human interaction outweighs any and everything that an automated system offers.

Look at how long it takes to get through all the mess when you call 407-WDISNEY. The questions it asks you is an attempt to streamline your call to the proper operator, but the amount if time it takes is silly. Whats funny is, when it misunderstands your response it just connects you to an operator and your good . Thats proof that ANY operator can help you, so whats the point of asking all the questions to "connect you to the right operator"?

I'm really really hoping that's not true or an experiment but when I was there in December I did not see as many 'Sweeper CM's' as I have in the past and they seemed to go to specific spots and leave not just roam in search of things to clean.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Where on earth did you get that idea? All I said was Disney has stated the Disneyland band is staying and we don't know what is going on so don't jump to conclusions. Which is what I see you have done.

Edit: and for the record this is what members were told. It is a revamp and the band is union so if any labor laws were being broken as you suggested the union would be all over Disney.

"musicians were told that band will be re-auditioned with the same instrumentation plus two musicians. There is to be new music and the job will be more “acting intensive.” Veteran band members will continue full-time employment in smaller bands; formerly “break-out” groups from the larger ensemble for an indeterminate period of time, or they will be given the option to audition for this new iteration of their old job. This of course raises many questions, the answers to which are evolving.

The current Band’s last performance will be the day before Disneyland’s 60th anniversary; the Band will have been in continuous service for all of those years; it is, as the Disney Parks Blog points out, “iconic.” Musicians have been performing in it for 10, 20, up to 42 years. It is a first rate, finely honed, professional ensemble; its members have been providing exemplary service both the Park and the community for decades. Happy anniversary to all."

Translation there is not a snowball's chance in H--- that a band member with more than 3 years of experience will successfully pass their 'audition'. Can anyone say constructive dismissal. The 'acting intensive' is just a beard so DL management can discard the 'Expensive' CM's

I hope the Union is all over TWDC for this one. Especially pulling this stunt before the 60'th since the band OPENED the joint.

I knew bad things would happen once Orlando people like Michael Coldglazier went to Anaheim.

Last edited:

wogwog

The greater point which you missed is with a hub retheming they had an opportunity to select a design unique to WDW instead they chose to use a generic design from a industrial supply catalog. #FAIL,

I could see the generic ones during the construction phase if they did not want to telegraph the design choices but right now it's pretty obvious that Cheap-N-Nasty rules the day, Show be D----ed. What's next recycled 55 gallon drums?
I think the change out was about five years ago. I was walking down Main Street and the crew was actually changing them out while the park was open. Bringing the generic two at a time on a cart and taking the unique ones off the street and out the gate by the Trolley Barn. Seemed odd. I agree the brown ones are horrid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom