A Spirited Perfect Ten

DocMcHulk

Well, I subscribe to MLB's At-Bat package to watch all out-of-market losses...errr....games for several years now. I dig it.

The issue with it in Florida was that somehow I was in the "Miami" market when clearly, NOWHERE near the cesspool.
I live near Iowa, City, IOWA. I am blacked out for these teams:
  • Chicago White Sox
  • St. Louis Cardinals
  • Minnesota Twins
  • Chicago Cubs
  • Milwaukee Brewers
  • Kansas City Royals

ULPO46

So does anyone want to guess how much Age of Ultron will gross worldwide?
My guess: $1.7-2.2 Billion
Eh I'd hit around that ballpark. But I don't think this summer will be the Summer of Blockbuster Super Heroes again. But Lets talk about the new Star Wars Movie it's been 10 years now since the last one came out. How much do you think that one will rake out?

ULPO46

Raleigh, NC
  • Washington Nationals
  • Baltimore Orioles
  • Atlanta Braves
I think you win though. :)
You should get the Washington National and the Mighty O's. So long as you have the MASN channel. Mid Atlantic Sports Network. The Braves how ever won't be other than for the occasional TNT or other Ted Turner affiliated Network.

jakeman

You should get the Washington National and the Mighty O's. So long as you have the MASN channel. Mid Atlantic Sports Network. The Braves how ever won't be other than for the occasional TNT or other Ted Turner affiliated Network.
Nope, only way to get MASN no matter how much we beg is the top tier sports package through DirecTV.

So I guess it's only a financial blackout.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Classicaly, yes. However, a grizzled French chef in culinary school taught me to use Brandy, since "you cook with Brandy and drink Cognac." Honestly, Brandy gives a deeper, more complex flavor.

Thanks @tribbleorlfl I'll try that next time and get back to you on how it tastes, now that you mention it brandy would impart a more complex flavor by its very nature.

Cesar R M

Most internet connections in the US cannot carry even 1 full HD stream and carriers like ATT are trying to downgrade even that. I've got GPON with a 1 GB symmetric link but my CIR for internet is 300Mb/s, I can burst the remainder If I'm not doing IPTV so up to 700 Mb/S downlink is reserved for voice/IPTV.

What I can see happening is a 'BASIC' package and a BASIC PLUS package which will have ESPN and similar channels, I think the days of Disney being able to 'force' it's content to every subscriber are more or less dead along with Viacom although Viacom has pursued a strategy of low cost channels so they are more likely to wind up in the new 'basic' package.

I envision the the BASIC package as being local channels, news, weather and regional networks and a smattering of 'cheap' channels not to mention shopping and religious channels which are effectively free to the carriers, The basic PLUS will be something like today's basic package.
1Gb link? where the hell can you obtain that?

Frankie The Beer

So does anyone want to guess how much Age of Ultron will gross worldwide?
My guess: $1.7-2.2 Billion

I would consider under 2 billion a disappointment.
If the current consensus opinion is that DIS can do no wrong, then it is in the company's best interest to correct that. Otherwise unrealistic expectations get attached that will be more hurtful later.

Dis will possibly start seeing problems as early as second quarter 2016. Only then would I downgrade the stock, until then I would buy as much as possible. My opinion of course, YMMV.

DOS 3.0 or DOS 2.0s or SpartaDos? Where did I put the SIO cable.... :)

Bonus points if anyone gets the reference. :geek:

Wait, what? My Cyrix 6x was overheating again.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
1Gb link? where the hell can you obtain that?

Google fiber or TDS Fibertown neighborhoods, It's great considering my old link was bonded ADSL from same company which gave me about 30 mb down and 3 up.

It's quite interesting the BIG ILEC's are abandoning their copper plant to force you to LTE so they can charge 10 bucks/GB transferred.

While the small companies are busy replacing copper with fiber so it's realistic to have a home based business or office with world class connectivity.

See a parallel between this and a certain Media/Park company and it's competitors...

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

MASN and the Nationals have some of the worst announcers. Makes the Braves look evenhanded and fair.

The O's? I miss hearing Gary Thorne call hockey.

PhotoDave219

Raleigh, NC
  • Washington Nationals
  • Baltimore Orioles
  • Atlanta Braves
I think you win though. :)
I live near Iowa, City, IOWA. I am blacked out for these teams:
  • Chicago White Sox
  • St. Louis Cardinals
  • Minnesota Twins
  • Chicago Cubs
  • Milwaukee Brewers
  • Kansas City Royals

Boy that shows how screwed up MLB's blackout policy is. Thats just messed up beyond belief.

And while we're on short-sightedness..... TBS moving the Braves to "Peachtree TV" and off a near daily national broadcast was insanely stupid. The Braves ruled the southeast in the 80s and 90s with their games on constantly.

WDW1974

Original Poster
You leave for a few days and suddenly people are all talking about buying sports packages? C'mon, really?!?!

Besides, we finally have actual photographic evidence that Bob Iger, Tom Staggs and Mickey himself have been allowed on-site at SDL. I'm sure the fact I've been clamoring for it and telling analysts and reporters exactly why we haven't seen one had nothing to do with it!!! Amazing. ;):D:cool:

Congrats Disney. You showed this Spirit a thing or two!

Team Iger: 1
Team Spirit: 123,769.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom