A Spirited Perfect Ten

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We don't do anything on our side that would cause that, and I can't see anyone on the outside going to the lengths to target your machine to do anything of the sort.

And we do not allow any third party access to any of our systems.
I wonder if he is seeing the "likes" thing in the browser title area?

WildcatDen

If you could link...

Good.

And it isn't just pot stirring that's going on.
An investigation is under way, on some level, at USC.
I here they are bringing back Pete Carroll and Reggie Bush to be on the committee. I just hope, in addition to the Willow issues, they come to the bottom of Pete's decision to pass at the Patriots goal line. . .

MerlinTheGoat

So, someone can't conclude a film is going to be good based on the trailers and promotional clips, but you can conclude it's going to be dull and uninteresting from those same clips. Tell me, what year did you win the Gold in Mental Gymnastics?
I thought my comment was pretty obvious. Whether it ends up a good movie or not (may or may not be), the trailers thus far have done a poor job at selling me on its quality and have presented the movie as bland and uncreative. That is their purpose, trailers are supposed to drum up interest in a film and make you want to see it, the two I've watched however have planted doubts in my mind about whether the movie will appeal to me. Again we shall see whether this is the case or not, but my point was that the trailers have caused me disinterest in the movie and caused me to hold off on seeing it until reviews.

It isn't a conclusion on the movie itself, it's a poor first impression of selling me on seeing it. The trailers switched me from giving them the benefit of the doubt to "wait for some reviews first".

I do take exception to your contention it was overrated, however. Despite being the #3 grossing film in 2013, its reviews were average to above average; its Rotten Tomatoes score is 89%, and the user score is 86% (these results are pretty middle-of-the-pack). As such, I would say that most people have a realistic view of the artistic and technical merits of Frozen. Hardly overrated.

I suspect there were more intangible qualities that helped it become the phenomenon that it did: strong female protagonists, identification with Elsa's sense of alienation, family bonds and unconditional love, sacrifice. Regardless, whatever caused Frozen to resonate with so many people is not invalidated simply because you don't understand (or disagree with) its popularity.
The sisters were one strong aspect of the movie. I liked them a lot and wished Elsa had more screentime. But I dislike Olaf and find him annoying and unnecessary. The villain was also worthless and uninteresting (a serious sin for a Disney movie imo is to have a boring and worthless villain, and this particular movie would have functioned fine without one at all). Also didn't like the trolls or the parents (both parties of which I consider at fault for leading Elsa down a poor path).

I'd rank the movie under the mid to high 80's. It is a fun little flick but doesn't deserve the general acclaim it got. And yes I would consider it overrated, highly so. Everyone was even saying it was as good as Beauty and the Beast. BS.

Mike S

I thought my comment was pretty obvious. Whether it ends up a good movie or not (may or may not be), the trailers thus far have done a poor job at selling me on its quality and have presented the movie as bland and uncreative. That is their purpose, trailers are supposed to drum up interest in a film and make you want to see it, the two I've watched however have planted doubts in my mind about whether the movie will appeal to me. Again we shall see whether this is the case or not, but my point was that the trailers have caused me disinterest in the movie and I don't intend to consider seeing it until some reviews arrive.

It isn't a conclusion on the movie itself, it's a poor first impression of selling me on seeing it. It switches me from giving them the benefit of the doubt to "wait for some reviews first".

The sisters were one strong aspect of the movie. I liked them a lot and wished Elsa had more screentime. But I dislike Olaf and find him annoying and unnecessary. The villain was also worthless and uninteresting (a serious sin for a Disney movie imo is to have a boring and worthless villain, and this particular movie would have functioned fine without one at all). Also didn't like the trolls or the parents (both parties of which I consider at fault for leading Elsa down a poor path).

I'd rank the movie under the mid to high 80's. It is a fun little flick but doesn't deserve the general acclaim it got. And yes I would consider it overrated, highly so. Everyone was even saying it was as good as Beauty and the Beast. BS.
Don't forget the trailer that compared it to The Lion King. I liked it and all, but no. Just no.

Cesar R M

HYDRA is a fully owned subsidiary of TWDC dedicated to ensuring only Disney properties are available on TV...
IstWsCU.gif

Cesar R M

this pretty much explains the BS of the parents lol.

but then, we need to take into consideration that on these days... witch burning was probably caused the dumb "conceal... dont feel"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom