A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Twitter Update:

Everyone, drop what you are doing (unless you are carrying a baby or fine wine!). Head to Twitter, type in Disney CEO (without the Fumbles Entry to China).

See what you'll get ...leave it open for a minute or so, so they appear after the pinned ones ... what you'll see are who knows how many robotic Tweets, all the same, all about Willow Bay's dress at the Oscars, all from accounts that serve one purpose: corporate propaganda. Oh, just to be clear, not only Disney. I don't even think these people actually exist. Just look at the feeds.

Then say that there isn't a concerted effort to take over the entire narrative in social media.

You see, Bob Iger and Disney couldn't have done what they are doing now (censoring a message on the failures in their ability to spread their BRAND in China) in the days before Twitter, before Facebook, before the iPhone etc. This an example of why the information age can be a very, very bad thing in the wrong hands.

May be back later ...

NearTheEars

Just got to FL today. Nowhere near orlando (ft. Myers) and I think my body doesn't know how to deal with anything other than negative temperatures.

I'm so excited, im so excited! I'm so... so scared!

I have a few days of work here them I'm off to lakeland with a short day off in orlando. Can't wait to see how much DTD has improved since last year!

About to do the opposite. Heading to Upstate New York for work on Friday. My body hasn't felt negative temps since 2010.

Pray for me.

bhg469

I think I need to retract my Upstate comment and replace it with Central. :facepalm:

Going to Syracuse.

I regret the error.
Lol no worries! NYC loves to consider everything that isn't the 5 burrows, upstate.

People cant believe that I didn't go to NYC until i was in my 30s. It's also a 7 hour drive Sooooo it's not like it's close. Toronto is a nicer city anyway:).

Cesar R M

Spirited Twitter Update:

Everyone, drop what you are doing (unless you are carrying a baby or fine wine!). Head to Twitter, type in Disney CEO (without the Fumbles Entry to China).

See what you'll get ...leave it open for a minute or so, so they appear after the pinned ones ... what you'll see are who knows how many robotic Tweets, all the same, all about Willow Bay's dress at the Oscars, all from accounts that serve one purpose: corporate propaganda. Oh, just to be clear, not only Disney. I don't even think these people actually exist. Just look at the feeds.

Then say that there isn't a concerted effort to take over the entire narrative in social media.

You see, Bob Iger and Disney couldn't have done what they are doing now (censoring a message on the failures in their ability to spread their BRAND in China) in the days before Twitter, before Facebook, before the iPhone etc. This an example of why the information age can be a very, very bad thing in the wrong hands.

May be back later ...
You mean using net bots to force certain twitter tags# on top and force others down on purpose?

*edit for clarity*

Last edited:

Tigger1988

Twitter bots regurgitating headlines is nothing new, rare, or unique to speaking about Iger. You're likely looking for a conspiracy where there is none.

They'll latch onto any remotely viral story to try and bait idiots into clicking spam links. Were doing it with Julie Andrews' name just two days ago.

Last edited:

NearTheEars

Lol no worries! NYC loves to consider everything that isn't the 5 burrows, upstate.

People cant believe that I didn't go to NYC until i was in my 30s. It's also a 7 hour drive Sooooo it's not like it's close. Toronto is a nicer city anyway:).

I have a colleague from Western New York, and when people find out where he's from they always say " oh, but you don't have an accent!" He just shakes his head. He also said he's only been to NYC once.

Anyway. Back on topic ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Spirited Twitter Update:

May be back later ...

If only TWDC took their web system performance as seriously as they do the scrubbing the twitverse clean of critical posts, The only saving grace is these digital astroturf campaigns usually fail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom