A Spirited Perfect Ten

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Tom Staggs answers to the survey were secretly intercepted and are listed below:

1.) DLR has too much ...;Hourly capacity
2.) Thinking back to your most recent visit, what surprised you in a bad way; Too many things for people to do requiring too much operational overhead to run
3.) DLR doesn't have enough ...; Up charge events
4.) What did you bring with you that you wish you didn't bring?; Low expectations and came away too impressed
5.) Thinking back to your most recent visit, what surprised you in a good way?; With so much quality, there's ample opportunity to make drastic cuts everywhere
6.) DLR is too ...; Costly to operate in comparison to our Orlando property
7.) What do you wish you had brought with you?; Magic Band and my scissors to slash expenses
8.) If DLR really cared about its Guests, it would stop ...; Letting them have so much freedom to do what they want during the day
9.) If DLR really cared about its Guests, it would ...; Take control away from the guests and let us decide what's best for them and manage their day. Guests are stupid.

Right now Iger is printing this out so he can put a gold star on it and give it back to Staggs. Employee recognition is very important to Bob, obviously.

tribbleorlfl

That stadium was built on the cheap.

It's media facilities, especially broadcast & lack of a proper field level workroom, certainly hinder the media attention they crave. I've talked with ESPN producers and they absolutely hated working there. (I sure did)
I know this is off topic, but could you elaborate (possibly via PM)? We're long-time UCF boosters and season ticket holders, and have been given the stadium tour previously. While I certainly wouldn't know a proper media area when I saw one, the press box seemed pretty swanky. What you're saying also contradicts what ESPN officials have publicaly said about the school, officials and facilities. I think we had the most nationally-televised home games for any G5 school last year; if our media capabilities were so poor, I doubt we'd see this trend.

Thanks.

Mike S

I'm guessing that some of this insanity is due:

-parents trying to optimize time in the parks because it's so expensive that this is literally the only time they can afford to come to WDW.
-when the parks are busy it makes people, especially first-timers, anxious and frantic. They get FOMO (fear of missing out). They get caught up in the feeling that they have to RUSH everywhere and see EVERYTHING NOW. No bathroom breaks!
-this is closely related to the above, but being in a massive crowd, like the ones at WDW, especially in high-season, just makes people act different. They make poor decisions, or rash decisions, because they feel pressured.
-children get overwhelmed by the crazy atmosphere of a busy WDW.
Wow, that's like the complete opposite of my first time visit to DLR.

PhotoDave219

I know this is off topic, but could you elaborate (possibly via PM)? We're long-time UCF boosters and season ticket holders, and have been given the stadium tour previously. While I certainly wouldn't know a proper media area when I saw one, the press box seemed pretty swanky. What you're saying also contradicts what ESPN officials have publicaly said about the school, officials and facilities. I think we had the most nationally-televised home games for any G5 school last year; if our media capabilities were so poor, I doubt we'd see this trend.

Thanks.

We'll talk later.

Section106

I plan on having a stroller for my 6 yo this April. It is as much a safety issue as a convenience for my daughter. My wife has MS and is wheelchair bound and a stroller helps me manage both of them.

People do not care about adults in wheelchairs. People don't look for them when they are walking and since her face is at elbow level and suffers from Trigeminal Neuralgia I worry. I have to have a stroller to make sure that I can keep an eye out on the traffic coming towards us and to make sure my daughter is safe and with us.

I am sure that many parents look at a stroller as a safety device as well.

WildcatDen

[QUOTE="TalkingHead, post: 6554919, member: 60358"It seems to me that most of the locals who still "do" Disney have young kids and treat it like a lavish Chuck E. Cheese (or Showbiz Pizza, if you're the right age to remember that).[/QUOTE]
So now, WDW is akin to Chuck E Cheese? At least they both started with a Mouse?

I will go out on a limb here and say, as a non-local, isn't that true for most tourist attractions?

arko

Changing gears ... I got multiple emails last week from DLR asking me to participate in a ''5 minute survey with 3 somewhat unusual questions'' (yes, that is how they introduced it).

What was unusual was that after about 7-8 basic questions about my last visit to DLR and how often I'm there, I was presented with nine questions. Disney wanted me to pick ANY three and answer them giving as much input as I wanted.

Kids, this is what us in the over 30 crowd used to take in school and they were called 'essay tests' and I usually did very well (unless the prof didn't like me!)

They were:

1.) DLR has too much ...;
2.) Thinking back to your most recent visit, what surprised you in a bad way;
3.) DLR doesn't have enough ...;
4.) What did you bring with you that you wish you didn't bring?;
5.) Thinking back to your most recent visit, what surprised you in a good way?;
6.) DLR is too ...;
7.) What do you wish you had brought with you?;
8.) If DLR really cared about its Guests, it would stop ...;
9.) If DLR really cared about its Guests, it would ...;

I have ideas as to what Disney was trying to get to with this, but I'm curious to hear other opinions, so please offer them ...

I got a survey for WDW with the same unusual question verbage. They seemed very interested in why I looked at pricing and did not book. They wanted to know whether I felt it was too expensive and how much I payed offsite and how much I would be willing to pay etc. Although the survey did not contain the questions above.

Goofyernmost

The early bird gets the worm or the FP+ reservation for 7 Dwarves Mine Train.
Don't really need one. I went on it during the evening parade. The sign at the entrance said 70 minutes, my phone app. said 60 minutes when I entered. From the time I entered the queue until I cleared the exit was exactly 30 minutes. On top of that I don't really like the taste of worms... to earthy!

WildcatDen

It's why I don't give Disney props for this in the same way I'd do so for park improvements. No one visits WDW to visit DD (except locals). And no one will visit WDW just to visit DS (again, except locals).
I agree, but as a non-local, I will say we usually plan a part of one day or maybe more to visit DD for dinner and or shopping. One year we also took in LaNuba. So, yes, it does not drive my decision to return, but having a nice product will get some of my time when I am there.

twebber55

my last trip to WDW I never went once and will probably avoid again this year unless I take the bus to eat at wolfgang puck express or earl of sanfwich

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom