A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-06%20at%2011.24.04%20PM.png

this?
that part, there were some trucks there, and mounts of dirt.

bhg469

I've been to the one in Vegas, just off the strip.

It wasn't bad. Just fast-food.

It's not Oso Buco.
Agree 100% it's a good fast food burger but it's definitely a fast food burger. I also had it in vegas but outside the city, the servers were super polite which surprised me for where it was and how busy it was at the time.

TP2000

Since we've left the realm of a discernible topic, I might as well seek some advice.

Is Universal Hollywood actually worth visiting?

Yes, it's fantastic. But it's not fantastic for its theme park qualities, it's fantastic for its working movie studio qualities. The Tram Tour, a 60+ minute long ride through a real movie studio making movies, is worth the price of admission. Plus there's some decent theme park rides.

A major upgrade to the Tram Tour, including the new Fast & Furious sound stage, is rumored to open this summer.

Don't expect a fake "movie studio" theme park built in a Florida swamp for clueless tourists. But do expect a real, working movie studio tour in the Hollywood Hills that's added some theme park rides around it over the years.

articos

Yes, it's fantastic. But it's not fantastic for its theme park qualities, it's fantastic for its working movie studio qualities. The Tram Tour, a 60+ minute long ride through a real movie studio making movies, is worth the price of admission. Plus there's some decent theme park rides.

A major upgrade to the Tram Tour, including the new Fast & Furious sound stage, is rumored to open this summer.

Don't expect a fake "movie studio" theme park built in a Florida swamp for clueless tourists. But do expect a real, working movie studio tour in the Hollywood Hills that's added some theme park rides around it over the years.
Sadly, Florida is so much more theme park than studio now, when it used to have a reason for being a studio park. USH has a lot to come in the next 5 years.

Animaniac93-98

Disney is now preparing Hunchback for a run at the Paper Mill Playhouse in New Jersery, where Newsies performed before heading to Broadway:

"Very front burner is the stage adaptation of (Disney's) "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" (with music by Alan Menken and lyrics by Schwartz), which recently had a very well-received run at the La Jolla Playhouse in California, and we are now preparing for a production back East at the Paper Mill Playhouse in New Jersey, and so we're making some changes and revisions, as one does, in that."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...stephen-schwartz-past-future-wicked/22360511/

stevehousse

How can you declare something unacceptable when you're clearly not interested in knowing what happened and just buying into the sensationalism you claim to be so against?

Thank you! LOL when these things happen and they do, most of the time it's the actual payroll company in charge of producing checks and direct deposits that make mistakes more often than the actual company themselves. Direct deposit inaccuracies, which are rare, do still happen to various types of companies no matter how big or small they are.

seascape

Perception is more important.

First… A 25,000 employee company has no business screwing up payroll. None. Heads should roll. They need to be transparent about what happened or it will get worse because Sea World is a target. Someone needs to be publically sacked, because they just screwed up 25,000 people's three-day holiday weekend.

That being said… The public perception is that sea world did not make Payroll. The public perception is they cannot get their stuff together.

I'm interested to see what Wall Street's reaction to this would be. I'm not too sure Wall Street would be easily satisfied with the excuse of "clerical error"

Just more ammo for people who don't like Sea World.
When Jon Corzine was Govenor of NJ he had a payroll problem and our direct deposit was delayed a day or two. It was no big deal and this should not be either. The banks were notified of the problem and no one had any checks bounce due to the delay. The banking system knows how to deal with this and want direct deposit and bill pay.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
When Jon Corzine was Govenor of NJ he had a payroll problem and our direct deposit was delayed a day or two. It was no big deal and this should not be either. The banks were notified of the problem and no one had any checks bounce due to the delay. The banking system knows how to deal with this and want direct deposit and bill pay.

Ah yes the same John Corzine who stole a billion or so of money market funds to cover his hedge funds losses and never went to jail - it's great to be 'connected' in the Corporate States of America.

I'm sure lots of checks bounced, As far as the bank is concerned the money was not there and they collect a fee for those bad checks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Thank you! LOL when these things happen and they do, most of the time it's the actual payroll company in charge of producing checks and direct deposits that make mistakes more often than the actual company themselves. Direct deposit inaccuracies, which are rare, do still happen to various types of companies no matter how big or small they are.
I'm in agreement it's not a big deal unless it is me that didn't get paid;).

The problem with this particular case is the company is struggling and employee morale is poor. Whether or not this is just a glitch or minor issue with the payroll company it's the perception that's a problem. I would hope they gave employees a very detailed explanation of what happened and assurances that it has nothing to do with the company's financial struggles.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ah yes the same John Corzine who stole a billion or so of money market funds to cover his hedge funds losses and never went to jail - it's great to be 'connected' in the Corporate States of America.

I'm sure lots of checks bounced, As far as the bank is concerned the money was not there and they collect a fee for those bad checks.
It's really amazing that he didn't get put in jail. My company had a bankruptcy claim against MF Global that we ended up selling for $0.90 on the dollar so there must be some pretty high expectations of recovering most of the losses.

I know wegmans is in the DC area. You must not live close to one otherwise you would not have such crazy thoughts.. I tend to bring up the supermarket argument because they're the perfect example of a place that goes above and beyond expectations and it pays off huge. From how they lay out their stores to the hot prepared food they offer to how they treat their employees. They are a top notch organization.

I can't stand how Wegman's has their stores laid out, not that any other supermarket is better. I can't understand why meats, deli, and seafood isn't near the freezer section. That way you can get all the cold foods right before heading out the door, instead of some to start and then at the end again. I think the supermarket layout folks must have worked on airplane passenger loading before.

bhg469

I can't stand how Wegman's has their stores laid out, not that any other supermarket is better. I can't understand why meats, deli, and seafood isn't near the freezer section. That way you can get all the cold foods right before heading out the door, instead of some to start and then at the end again. I think the supermarket layout folks must have worked on airplane passenger loading before.
there is a science to it and that is why they are the top of the food chain lol!

I get that you want to shop and get out but even if I'm there for one item I will often go around the store once to see what's new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom