A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

I'm very sure that Eisner was going to buy Pixar had the whole "Save Disney" mess not complicated the situation. And Eisner would have acquired Pixar for far less money than Iger ended up paying.

So that whole feud between Steve Jobs and Michael Eisner never existed?

And that moving the Incredibles to november from a summer release just to sabotage the movie didnt happen either?

Because there's plenty of evidence that says all of that happened....

Progress.City

The South West corner is the plot meant for the third gate. Accounting for all the extras being left out like the bus loops and the downtown disney area it's roughly equal in acreage to the plots for Disneyland and gate two.

Now it doesn't have room for a fourth... but the long term plans always called for three (as they should).

They still don't have the land to be absolutely neglectful like they do at WDW, but TDR/DLR-like land woes this is not.
I've seen an early draft of the plans. It shows an EPCOT Center and an Animal Kingdom.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I swear, every time you people get nostalgic about Eisner and wish he'd save us from Iger, all I think of is this.

That's not fair. Eisner did much to launch where we are today.

Iger has as well.

I don't really dislike either of them. Though, I will give Eisner one credit that Iger doesn't have...he actually WANTED to become my generations Walt Disney.

Iger could care less.

Progress.City

And whoever comes next will have a whole new style of management as well. Each Disney CEO seems to have its own phase and style of how the company is run. You may find similarities, but each leaves a unique fingerprint.

Progress.City

Iger has as well.

I don't really dislike either of them. Though, I will give Eisner one credit that Iger doesn't have...he actually WANTED to become my generations Walt Disney.

Iger could care less.
Some trivia...

Did you know that one of Eisner's first executive orders as CEO was to the people at the film archives. He wanted them to bring to his office the EPCOT movie Walt made before he died. This was before the film was released to the public.

It is said that Eisner set the projector up, dimmed the lights in his office, and watched the film over and over again.

What resulted in Eisner's interest in EPCOT became the inspiration for Celebration.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Hmm, I've been trying to follow along, but I find myself confused.

Are hotel occupancy rates high or low? A big issue used to be, WDW hotels are at historic lows. But now, we need more rooms in property? That doesn't jive.

Also, are the parks crowded? All anecdotal evidence points to them being annoyingly busy at all times of the year. Then I read attendance is down based on some sort of financial analysis that goes over my head. So I don't know what to think on these issues.

Maybe it's best if I just go back to eating my $17 Turkey leg whilst sitting on the curb, in the sun, because there are no benches or trees.

Longhairbear

Just as a heads up,
I'm a shareholder, and got notice of voting on the BOD, and other business. The internet, and phone voting systems refuse to accept my valid voting number. It's all very complicated, and seemingly designed that way.Calling back to re enter the voting system, a recording told me to say I had given the wrong info, and am barred from continuing.

Last edited:

truecoat

Spider man, spider man, avengers are gonna feature spider man!

More likely that Captain America will feature Spider-man. Avengers next movie is slated for 2018 and the press release states he will be in a MCU before 2017. I think he will be in the Avengers next movie but Cap first.

FigmentJedi

Iger has as well.

Iger could care less.
I always saw that part of him as an ego trip: He's an 80s guy corporate executive, he could never be Walt.

Besides, Eisner was already going after that generation's Walt and was willing to let him oversee much of Disney's creative output in addition to what he'd bring to the table, but then he died.

Can you imagine a world where he was still alive and 90s Disney got even cooler?
jim-henson-beard.jpg

doctornick

More likely that Captain America will feature Spider-man. Avengers next movie is slated for 2018 and the press release states he will be in a MCU before 2017. I think he will be in the Avengers next movie but Cap first.

Right, the general consensus is that Spidey will appear in Cap 3 (Civil War), then the solo film, then will probably be a part of Avengers 3 (Infinity War).

In terms of the Civil War appearance, at this point in time given the production schedule, I would think that Marvel will still go with having Black Panther as the central figure that Iron Man and Captain American are fighting over, but Spider-Man will have a more cameo type role. We'll see.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I always saw that part of him as an ego trip: He's an 80s guy corporate executive, he could never be Walt.

Besides, Eisner was already going after that generation's Walt and was willing to let him oversee much of Disney's creative output in addition to what he'd bring to the table, but then he died.

Can you imagine a world where he was still alive and 90s Disney got even cooler?
jim-henson-beard.jpg
I didn't quite "get" your entire post...but...

Ego or not, Eisner embraced many of Walt's ideals, and he was the single guiding hand behind the massive expansion of WDW.

Did he always do well? No. Did he destroy his own legacy? Sure. But, at one point, he truly cared.

Honestly, had it not been for the loss of Wells, I suspect we'd all have a vastly different memory of Eisner's time at the helm, because until then, he had been knocking home runs left and right for the most part.

Lee

Adventurer
@Lee how do you feel about Spidey? I'm pretty excited to bring him into the larger picture because he was always my favorite as a kid.
I was never a comic book fan, so my exposure to Spidey has been entirely through the movies and ride. (And a vague memory of something Spidey related on the Electric Co. back in the day...)

I think this is a great move by Sony. They get to place the character into the Marvel universe and continue making their own features as well. It's a win-win.

tribbleorlfl

Right, the general consensus is that Spidey will appear in Cap 3 (Civil War), then the solo film, then will probably be a part of Avengers 3 (Infinity War).

In terms of the Civil War appearance, at this point in time given the production schedule, I would think that Marvel will still go with having Black Panther as the central figure that Iron Man and Captain American are fighting over, but Spider-Man will have a more cameo type role. We'll see.
I agree, as his duel role as BP and monarch of Wakanda make him much more high profile in the MCU than Spidey is likely to be at that point.

I'm placing my bet on Spidey filling in the role of the New Warriors at the beginning (teenage superheroes that botch a villain takedown, causing massive amounts of property damage and civilian casualties), thereby prompting the Superhero Registration Act.

The film could start with him post-spider bite but pre-"Great Power and Responsibility". Instead of wanting to be a wrestler, have this iteration of Pete be inspired by the Avengers to be a SH out the gate; however, he lacks the maturity and training to be effective. Have him battle one his lesser foes we haven't seen yet that wouldn't take significant amount of time to explain (Kraven, Scorpion, Shocker, Vulture), and the resulting carnage (which Uncle Ben dies in) sets the CW story down it's path, as well as Pete's in his subsequent solo film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom