A Spirited Perfect Ten

the.dreamfinder

Is he really that great? The most heavily marketed Disney tentpoles from the last five years have been terrible movies, regardless of how much money they made. John Carter, Lone Ranger, Oz, Maleficent—the list isn't particularly astounding. The WDC doesn't treat its animated films as tentpoles like it did in the early 90s. Marvel movies do well because they follow the same formula, and Disney stays out the way.

Then there's Frozen, a movie Disney barely promoted because the leadership expected it to flop. Hardly any merchandise accompanied its release. The theme park tie-ins came a year after the movie premiered.

And as long as the WDC is financially successful, Wall Street won't bat an eye. The current regime at Disney is incredibly lucky.
He uses his big acquisitions, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm, and stock buybacks to divert the street's attention away from what's really been going on at TWDC. He's no more than a kid with some cheap card tricks.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

He uses his big acquisitions, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm, and stock buybacks to divert the street's attention away for what's really been going on at TWDC. He's no more than a kid with some cheap card tricks.
I barely even register the Pixar buyout as an Iger thing. It's the sort of no-brainer that was gonna happen no matter who took Eisner's place. And it happened so fast after Eisner got kicked to the curb.

stevehousse

Glad to see this finally happening! Now does anyone think they will be replacing the actor or staying with the same? Who would you want to see as Spider-Man?

Phil12

I barely even register the Pixar buyout as an Iger thing. It's the sort of no-brainer that was gonna happen no matter who took Eisner's place. And it happened so fast after Eisner got kicked to the curb.
I'm very sure that Eisner was going to buy Pixar had the whole "Save Disney" mess not complicated the situation. And Eisner would have acquired Pixar for far less money than Iger ended up paying.

FigmentJedi

I'm very sure that Eisner was going to buy Pixar had the whole "Save Disney" mess not complicated the situation. And Eisner would have acquired Pixar for far less money than Iger ended up paying.
Nope. Eisner actually thought Pixar had outlived it's usefulness and that a flop was inevitable because there was no way a streak like that could go on forever. Better to create Circle 7 and do crappy in-house sequels then keep Pixar around.

Cesar R M

Is he really that great? The most heavily marketed Disney tentpoles from the last five years have been terrible movies, regardless of how much money they made. John Carter, Lone Ranger, Oz, Maleficent—the list isn't particularly astounding. The WDC doesn't treat its animated films as tentpoles like it did in the early 90s. Marvel movies do well because they follow the same formula, and Disney stays out the way.

Then there's Frozen, a movie Disney barely promoted because the leadership expected it to flop. Hardly any merchandise accompanied its release. The theme park tie-ins came a year after the movie premiered.

And as long as the WDC is financially successful, Wall Street won't bat an eye. The current regime at Disney is incredibly lucky.
Didnt the lion king had the same issue? they didn't think it would be a good movie.. and did very good... becoming a timeless classic.

FigmentJedi

question is.. white spiddy? (peter parker), black spiddy (Morales), Black Venom Spiddy ( Flash ) or Redspiddy ( Parker clone as Scarlet Spider) ?
Going by movie studio logic, it's gonna be another Pete. Miles will probably come along in a sequel. Wouldn't be surprised if the reboot in the aftermath of Secret Wars is gonna have them co-exist.

novawildcat18

Going by movie studio logic, it's gonna be another Pete. Miles will probably come along in a sequel. Wouldn't be surprised if the reboot in the aftermath of Secret Wars is gonna have them co-exist.
I don't want a Spider-Man movie without Peter Parker. However I really don't want another origin story. It'll be interesting to see how they tackle this, but I'm excited either way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom