A Spirited Perfect Ten

JediMasterMatt

So it's still open now?

These foolish West Coasters. What do they know about theme park management? Spending money by closing an attraction that isn't drawing a big line and then replacing it with something new and better!

Don't they know they can just make FP+ return times available for Luigi's Flying Tires and suckers will still ride it and they can keep it forever?

bhg469

Is that still true after ACA?

Disney docks their pay for housing but then Disney, in turn, has to pay the apartment complexes. That piece is a zero sum game for DIS.

I wasnt aware of that but I was aware of my ex's rent was insane for an apartment that squeezed 6 girls in there. They aren't really doing the CPs any favors here and if they are in fact paying these housing complexes that amount of money, theyre getting ripped off as well.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Yeah, SDMT might not be impressive to some but I'd rather have that (well, I'd rather have a LOT of things we don't have at the parks) than meet and gropes I'll never set foot in. At least I can ride SDMT. I doubt I'll ever set foot in Belle's Enchanted Meet and Grope or Princess Fairytale Hall, etc.
I don't mean to single you out, but this mentality seems to be what drives a lot of the discontentment on this forum. Doing something for "The Guest" doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be something that @Kman101 will love. I have a baby girl at home and I imagine something like Enchanted Tales with Belle will be a highlight of our trip in four or five years. Have you been through the attraction? It's very well done and not a typical meet and greet. I'm all for criticizing poor execution or taking the "cheap" way out, but don't criticize things just because it's not your cup of tea (esp. when it's a well-made cup of tea).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Is that still true after ACA?

Disney docks their pay for housing but then Disney, in turn, has to pay the apartment complexes. That piece is a zero sum game for DIS.

They are not full time so the onus is on the CP'ers to procure healthcare on their own or pay the penalty ie it's NOT Disney's problem, As to the second I'm sure TDO makes a profit on this.

lazyboy97o

This isn’t the place for a debate on this, but that statement shows how stereotypical and clueless you are on the subject.

The only thing I’ll address since Disney is part of the debate and that’s the anti-Vax. CA is slightly below the national average (nation 91.9% vs CA 90.7% of 19-35 months old in 2013), but this is a nationwide problem. It gets attached to CA because some of the most outspoken are famous names that live in California. Nationwide it has been trending down and it needs to be addressed nationally. If Ca was as anti-vax as people think, a highly contagious measles epidemic would not be roughly a hundred, it would be in the tens or hundreds of thousands by now.
It's the greater Los Angeles area where rates start to fall more rapidly with some communities nose diving right off the cliff.

Rodan75

I can't imagine that "regular" front line cast members are making so much money that a shift towards more CPs has much impact.

I can't imagine that it would move overall margins that much. Yes they are cheaper, but I think P&R has already squeezed that ratio to its max and reducing frontline headcount will probably cause problems to their ability to generate revenue from volume (poor service = fewer park entries...). They have to extract better margins out of their volume lines...which IMO would be food and bev and merch.

BrerJon

I wasnt aware of that but I was aware of my ex's rent was insane for an apartment that squeezed 6 girls in there. They aren't really doing the CPs any favors here and if they are in fact paying these housing complexes that amount of money, theyre getting ripped off as well.

There's no doubt CPs are cheap as hell for Disney, much cheaper than permanent CMs. First there are no benefits to pay, wages are lower, and as far as housing goes, the CPs are paying over $100 per week for a bunkbed in a 6-8 person apartment, so Disney is definitely making a good profit after housing expenses.

And then you add that most CPs spend almost all their days off in the parks, or at Downtown Disney, spending money, so most of their pay cheque quickly ends up back in Disney's pockets as well, and the overall cost becomes minimal.

BrerJon

I have a baby girl at home and I imagine something like Enchanted Tales with Belle will be a highlight of our trip in four or five years. Have you been through the attraction? It's very well done and not a typical meet and greet. I'm all for criticizing poor execution or taking the "cheap" way out, but don't criticize things just because it's not your cup of tea (esp. when it's a well-made cup of tea).

I'd say one of the problems people have with the Belle attraction is precisely that the cup of tea *isn't* well made, it's just a cheap piece of cardboard they found in the basement of a Disney Store.

e7a7e29b89dd75eaa984ea61e492197a.jpg

the.dreamfinder

This isn’t the place for a debate on this, but that statement shows how stereotypical and clueless you are on the subject.

The only thing I’ll address since Disney is part of the debate and that’s the anti-Vax. CA is slightly below the national average (nation 91.9% vs CA 90.7% of 19-35 months old in 2013), but this is a nationwide problem. It gets attached to CA because some of the most outspoken are famous names that live in California. Nationwide it has been trending down and it needs to be addressed nationally. If Ca was as anti-vax as people think, a highly contagious measles epidemic would not be roughly a hundred, it would be in the tens or hundreds of thousands by now.
He's painting with a brush that may be a little too broad but...
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hollywoods-vaccine-wars-20-notable-731609

bhg469

I'd say one of the problems people have with the Belle attraction is precisely that the cup of tea *isn't* well made, it's just a cheap piece of cardboard they found in the basement of a Disney Store.

e7a7e29b89dd75eaa984ea61e492197a.jpg

Right!? Its a poorly executed good idea. While I think it takes a m&g to the next level, meet and greets dont need a next level! We are talking about really young kids. Their biggest complaints are if theyre mac and cheese should't touch their tater tots... The room that was utilized for cheaper attractions like this, could have easily went into a better attraction.

Cesar R M

I just find it funny why he even cares about the board? He has nothing better to do than worry about what is being posted on here?

Who is he anyway? Why does he matter?
probably angry he cant do what he wants in this forum?.
Its typical for some kid who punches another, and then cries because he gets called for it. (then claiming the adult who prevented him from punching the other kid, is a "meanie")

GiveMeTheMusic

I don't mean to single you out, but this mentality seems to be what drives a lot of the discontentment on this forum. Doing something for "The Guest" doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be something that @Kman101 will love. I have a baby girl at home and I imagine something like Enchanted Tales with Belle will be a highlight of our trip in four or five years. Have you been through the attraction? It's very well done and not a typical meet and greet. I'm all for criticizing poor execution or taking the "cheap" way out, but don't criticize things just because it's not your cup of tea (esp. when it's a well-made cup of tea).

Anyone else want to take this one? I'm feeling tired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom