A Spirited Perfect Ten

dhall

Interesting the only one of the triad who had some feelings for P&R was able to drive increased margin, Strange how that works. Once again proving you cannot run a company simply 'By the numbers' and expect success you need some passion for the product as well.
Personally, what I hope for yet never expect to see is Parks & Resorts gaining the same kind of independence from Burbank that Marvel, Pixar, and ESPN have. Those parts of the company are run by people who treat their position like their dream job, and not like a stepping stone to something else.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Rasulo is not being pushed out because of competence. Just about everyone of the Disney Executives stand around looking like they are waiting for someone to tell them what to do next. Deer in the headlights syndrome. Rasulo never had a chance even if he were an absolute genius (which he isn't). He very simply does not fit the corporate image. He is older, overweight, balding and looks a little dopey when he is smiling. He would not be able to convince anyone that he had any idea of how to do the job. Good grief he can't even control his own appearance, how is he going to control a company the size of Disney, they would think.

Just so everyone knows... I think that all the reasons that I just listed are total BS and one of the more stupid aspects of corporate life, but, it does exist and burying our heads in the sand will not make it go away.
Based on that criteria Lasseter is even less likely to be CEO:
Older - check
Overweight - check
Balding - check
Goofy smile - check

image.jpg

dhall

I am less than enthusiastic about this Staggs news.

As far as I know, the only creative thing the man did in the past few years was the Frozen Summer Fun.... which was essentially just an email saying "You Need to Do something, we start in two weeks"....
I thought it was Staggs that realized New Fantasyland didn't need so many large meet & gropes, and caused large one in the middle to get replaced with 7DMT. Which, admittedly isn't all that great a creative stretch, but if he, Jay & (not so) silent Bob share one creative instinct between them, it's almost exclusively his.

Goofyernmost

Based on that criteria Lasseter is even less likely to be CEO:
Older - check
Overweight - check
Balding - check
Goofy smile - check

View attachment 81689
And as far as we know... he's not being considered is he? Same thing applies. He is valuable to the company working "behind the scenes" but not as the public representative. The best he can hope for is to be an influential creative leader that can get things done. He does, however, seem to have talent and a strong love for Disney. That really makes him more likely then Rasulo, but, he still doesn't have a ghost of a chance. He also has a reputation of having a bit of an elbow bending problem as well.

PhotoDave219

I thought it was Staggs that realized New Fantasyland didn't need so many large meet & gropes, and caused large one in the middle to get replaced with 7DMT. Which, admittedly isn't all that great a creative stretch, but if he, Jay & (not so) silent Bob share one creative instinct between them, it's almost exclusively his.

So you want to credit him with a Kiddy Coaster?

Okay then.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
And as far as we know... he's not being considered is he? Same thing applies. He is valuable to the company working "behind the scenes" but not as the public representative. The best he can hope for is to be an influential creative leader that can get things done. He does, however, seem to have talent and a strong love for Disney. That really makes him more likely then Rasulo, but, he still doesn't have a ghost of a chance. He also has a reputation of having a bit of an elbow bending problem as well.
Chances are remote that either guy is seriously being considered so you may be on to something. My prediction is Rasulo ends up as CEO somewhere. Not a company as big as TWDC, but he has operations experience, finance experience and most important he is relatively liked by Wall Street.

dhall

So you want to credit him with a Kiddy Coaster?

Okay then.

Just the half a spark it took to realize that the original plans were way too princess heavy. Remember, it was a fairly well developed idea sitting around WDI. Based on track layouts that Martin posted, it was also a much better ride as originally imagined. Of course, he also probably deserves 'credit' for watering it down to its current form.

Tony Perkis

Are you old enough to know SFOT before Warner Bros did what they did?
Are you old enough to know SFOT before Warner Bros did what they did?
Other than mostly adding nothing before selling to Premier Parks and abusing the Looney Tunes property at any occasion, I'm not sure what you're referring to. There was mostly nothing between Texas Giant in 1991 and Mr. Freeze in 1998 (the time TW operated SF).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Oh no, no it doesnt.,....

Anti-Vax, Reiki healers, insane regulations on EVERYTHING yah CA has FL beat. Not saying that FL does not have it's share of what Jimmy Buffet calls Fruitcakes...

But just go to SFO and see some individuals 'sans attire' walking down market st... And said individuals are those who you wish you could unsee.

Amazon please ship me a gross of ACME Brain Cleanser - XL size.

PhotoDave219

Just the half a spark it took to realize that the original plans were way too princess heavy. Remember, it was a fairly well developed idea sitting around WDI. Based on track layouts that Martin posted, it was also a much better ride as originally imagined. Of course, he also probably deserves 'credit' for watering it down to its current form.

Like I said… A kitty coaster. Princess themed bathrooms. Upcharge dessert parties.

Am I missing anything here?

PhotoDave219

MacPhee will likely be spending more time with family soon ... And Colglazier was apparently being groomed to one day take Rasulo's role. Wonder if that timeline just sped up.

Wallace gone. Crofton going.

Kalogridis, Holz, Ernest, Holmes, (and about five others) all nearing retirement age or at it.

They need new blood more than someone who has just suffered numerous gaping wounds.

They have an opportunity here. They could remake the entire parks and resorts division. They have a chance to clean up their corporate culture of numbers driven performance at all costs.

This is either going to be really good or really bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom