A Spirited Perfect Ten

Rodan75

I think you need a Walt and a Roy, or an Eisner and Wells (or a Spirit and ParentsOf4) - a creative guy (or wannabe creative guy) who understands the Disney DNA - to lead the company and a numbers guy who 'gets it' and can work out the finances to make the magic happen.

A creative CEO like Lasseter would work fine as long as he was supported by a very strong Wall Street friendly COO, and Staggs fits the bill great for that.

Maybe flipped.

flynnibus

Premium Member
In reading the CNBC link to the Disney earnings report coverage... I found CNBC's 'recommendations' interesting... check out the highlighted one

cnbc.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

A group the 'bad' Eisner put together to chart the future of TWDC - basically a commitee to replace Frank Wells it was NOT one of Eisner's better ideas, Disney Wars has a good section on how it evolved.

Oh. And here I thought they were in charge of the missiles stored inside Cinderella Castle, or looking after Walt's frozen head.

You know...important stuff.

WDW1974

Original Poster
You have to wonder what kinds of numbers a MiceChat backed drive could have pulled for the museum down in Marceline. There you have an organization with a track record and a much clearer connection to Walt and Roy.

Yes, you do wonder how many sites dedicated to Walt really are enough. The WDFM in San Francisco is widely considered the gold standard in separating the man from the corporate symbol (that is what he, much like Mickey, has become).

And Marceline will always be viewed as his hometown because of the time he spent there and the way it shaped him.

BrerJon

A group the 'bad' Eisner put together to chart the future of TWDC - basically a commitee to replace Frank Wells it was NOT one of Eisner's better ideas, Disney Wars has a good section on how it evolved.

I think I'm going to re-read Disney War this weekend. The first time I read it was not long after the Stanley Gold/Roy Disney revolt, so I was seeing it through the eyes of those times, but given all that has happened since I can imagine there could be a lot of stuff I missed on the first read that will be more pertinent now.

FigmentJedi

You have to wonder what kinds of numbers a MiceChat backed drive could have pulled for the museum down in Marceline. There you have an organization with a track record and a much clearer connection to Walt and Roy.
Or for that matter, the Laugh-O-Grams museum project in Kansas City. They've stabilized the building and have some plans ready, but they need the kick to get that "Museum and animation classroom space" plan of theirs going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom