A Spirited Perfect Ten

Next Big Thing

I'm disturbed by your lumping together people getting arrested from a protest over climate change with people arrested on drug charges.

Have you no decency.....really?
Possession of Marijuana is hardly a crime these days, it's legal in many states recreationally and over half the country medically. People who go out to bars and drink and then drive and end up killing someone is perfectly fine, but people who want to take the edge off every now and again, usually in the comfort of their own home, are somehow more dangerous? I think that's where we as a society need to progress.

Marijuana is as much of a "Drug" as Tylenol (not legally of course, but in use) is and there needs to be changes in our government to decriminalize the substance - One in which MANY Presidents admit to using (Going all the way back to the 80's, I don't think there's a president that HASN'T used it)

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

So it doesn't bother anyone else that young, immature cast members are denied any kind of future with Disney after they've been caught shoplifting a $10 souvenir, even decades later? But someone like Hill can engage in fraud against TWDC multiple times and be rewarded as an officially blessed blogger?

Another shining example of the social media brothel residing inside Disney that can do no wrong.
I don't think what you are describing has anything to do with Social media as much as it does Disney's hiring practices.

First of all, Jim Hill is not paid by the mouse. Yes he is media and given gifts, but no money is exchanged. Second, anyone can do a theme park job. Not everyone has the clout that Jim Hill has within the Disney blogging community. Now, i'd say Disney should allow former employees a second chance after awhile, but they have a very heavy stream of applicants that they could care less.

The situation is pretty black and white and comes down to "Are you replaceable or not?". Jim Hill provides great PR for Disney, he's irreplaceable from a marketing/social media POV. Random CM at the Magic Kingdom is replaceable next day. Same thing happens in other sections of the company. RDJ and Johnny Depp just to name two big names off the top of my head have had a a decent amount of legal issues. Has that stopped Disney from getting in bed with them? Hell no. In fact, RDJ is the highest paid actor in Hollywood.

As i've repeated, It's simply a matter of being irreplaceable in what you do.

Next Big Thing

What I want to know is whether Len Testa has to practice his feigned surprise for the podcast or whether it comes naturally.

I think it was one of the Diagon Alley podcasts, Jim Hill says something about the Leaky Cauldron, and Len acted like this was the first he'd heard of it. "Oh! Wow! They're going to have a Leaky Cauldron, too?!"

It doesn't come across as natural and conversational; it's scripted for expert Jim and obsequious Len. Their whole shtick sounds too practiced to my ears.

It's also interesting how Jim chimed in once in this thread while his personal friends have responded numerous times. Not sure why Jim felt the need to "clear the air" at all.
They're playinig characters for the uneducated fans the way I look at it.

Next Big Thing

Apple and Disney.

And yet, Disney still does it.
And so does Apple. All those online reviewers don't just "happen" to have the new iphone weeks before it releases to stores, conveniently just in time to pimp the product further and get people even more excited to fork over $600.

It's not that it NEEDS to be done, it's that every little bit helps. When a breaking Disney/Uni story comes out and two of the top links are HuffPo and Fox News (Hill and Brigante), it makes everything appear very legitimate and like it's a big deal because those names in news are covering the story.

Does anyone here understand how content marketing works?
Apparently not.

Next Big Thing

If someone wants to shame you, it would be the person who tipped me off, unsolicited, to the whole thing. It's their motives I'd wonder about. Instead of worrying about me, spend time figuring out who that was.
No, Lee. You did all the shaming here. You may have received some tip, but it was you that leaked this all out here and dragged Jim's name through the mud. You didn't have to do that, no one forced you to, but you did.

If you truly wanted this to be just about the bloggers, you would have used a fake name and made everyone focus solely on the "story" that you were trying to sell (that's been discussed over and over again) and not use a name that you had to have known is as polarizing around these parts as Jim Hill. Everyone has an opinion on him and you sure did a damn good job at proving that.

At this point you should just own it.

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Since you are obviously unable to believe anyone else's experiences, it is a complete waste of time answering you, but I will anyway. YES, the company I spent nearly 40 years working for, in many instances DID IN FACT, would not only stop someone from being hired, but once they found out that person worked for the vendor actually had them fired. That was my experience. If it's not your experience, fine, but don't tell me "Nonsense" and "I don't think so" when in fact you don't!

I believe other people have experiences....

I just don't believe your Fairy Tale about the company you worked for, for 40 YEARS, dictating hiring to all it's vendors.

p.s.

I know it's the internet, and you probably typed that post through a haze of rage and confusion, but maybe proofread it once?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Possession of Marijuana is hardly a crime these days, it's legal in many states recreationally and over half the country medically. People who go out to bars and drink and then drive and end up killing someone is perfectly fine, but people who want to take the edge off every now and again, usually in the comfort of their own home, are somehow more dangerous? I think that's where we as a society need to progress.

Marijuana as much of a "Drug" as Tylenol is and there needs to be changes in our government to decriminalize the substance - One in which MANY Presidents admit to using (Going all the way back to the 80's, I don't think there's a president that HASN'T used it)
Marijuana is still very much a crime in many states. Even simple possession can still land you behind bars.

Garfield

I believe other people have experiences....

I just don't believe your Fairy Tale about the company you worked for, for 40 YEARS, dictating hiring to all it's vendors.

QUOTE]

Believe what you want, but since you have no clue, keep it to yourself. Saying my experience was a fairy tale is insulting, and attempting to be the grammar police on my post is also insulting. Like you said, I know it's the internet and this is where you feel important, but insulting people who give an opinion on a thread doesn't make you a better person. Arrogance like yours is one of the reasons I rarely post and was hesitant to join after a decade of reading these boards. I will go away and take my experience with me and let you and your unfounded opinions free to criticize others.

Section106

In the interest of full disclosure I suggest that Lee reveal the name of his source. Maybe we can see if that person has a criminal record. Maybe we could have them disclose their Disney employee evals to see if he/she is the type of person the collected forum members would approve of Disney hiring? Some here have asked all sorts of personal questions of Jim so why not have the anonymous CM face the same kind of scrutiny? I mean, you do have the right to face your accuser in this country.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They're just flat-out shocked that someone on a well-respected website like WDWMagic would ever do something like this. Dig up a 20 year-old charge in an effort to publicly shame and humiliate me.

Well I see it more as putting something irrefutable up as proof... for a topic that has been long discussed here.. but hinted at, danced around, and inferred, but without hard examples to support the assertions being made. Jim, you were just the example, of a a behavior and trend that @WDW1974 has been talking about for a long time but had not outted individuals directly.

I was sympathetic... until you seem to take glee in standing on the shoulders of a kardashian..

culturenthrills

I love illuminations but can I have a new show? It's 16 years old, it's able to get a drivers license.

Can we have a new show please?

Yeah, it needs to be replaced. I only look forward to the Holiday Finale now. Which they have really done a great job updating with new fireworks. Love the water flares in the beginning.

flynnibus

Premium Member
At this point, if you continue to pursue this matter, you won't be ruining my reputation. You'll just be doing further damage to your own.

So in the immortal words of Elsa, "Let It Go ... " Just accept that you're not good at playing the crusading journalist. Because if that's what you were shooting for here, the impression you've left a lot of people at WDWMagic with is that you're a nasty gossip. So please go back to just talking about the Disney Parks, okay? Because that's something that you're actually good at.

Remember that guy that was apologetic and humble when he first replied to this topic? Clearly he's gone... your new tact of "you can't hurt me..." boasting is really bad taste. So maybe there is nothing such as 'bad publicity' -- but that doesn't mean you come out looking GOOD... just more well known. Aka TRUMP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom