A Spirited Perfect Ten

Lee

Adventurer
He's been here quietly leaving likes, Frankly I think he's just bored and disgusted with Disney's strategy at the parks of service cuts and price hikes, With that it's simply rinse lather and repeat. It's not a great time to be a Disney parks fan. We have lots of promises but little action on them.

I post when I'm waiting for a run to complete and don't have other committments to keep me busy.
Equally bored and disgusted with certain certain Disney fans, I'd venture...

PhotoDave219

Just a side thought on crowd levels.... The only possible explanation I have anymore for MK's dramatic rise of peak times would be Disney basing the staffing level for attractions by using NextGen as a baseline, therefore causing longer lines. I mean 112 peak days (8+) or 35% of the entire year? That more than doubles last years total of 52 and 2013's total of 62.

DHS seems inflated due to attractions closing as well as the same reason - staffing manipulation.

318 days in for the years and I wanna beat my head against a wall. Wasn't it Tom Staggs that said the reason they did the Fantasyland expansion was an effort to reduce wait times after seeing something negative about MK in the summer in Oprah's magazine? Yet they turn around and use the NextGen project to develop staffing levels that keep lines artificially high.

What a giant clusterduck.

Edit: These things make me angry for stupid reasons and is why I dont look hardcore at the numbers anymore.

What happened to Disney being the Gold Standard of Guest Service?

NearTheEars

Quite possibly never...

I think that will be OK in the end. Seems like it's too dangerous these days to share inside info, so the well is drying up.

Aside from maybe ego, there really is no benefit for Mr. 74 either.

While I assume he is in the media, entertainment or entertainment media business, much better to put any scoops to good use in that medium, not a message board that will just end up squabbling over it.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I think that will be OK in the end. Seems like it's too dangerous these days to share inside info, so the well is drying up.

Aside from maybe ego, there really is no benefit for Mr. 74 either.

While I assume he is in the media, entertainment or entertainment media business, much better to put any scoops to good use in that medium, not a message board that will just end up squabbling over it.

Sadly I believe you are correct.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just a side thought on crowd levels.... The only possible explanation I have anymore for MK's dramatic rise of peak times would be Disney basing the staffing level for attractions by using NextGen as a baseline, therefore causing longer lines. I mean 112 peak days (8+) or 35% of the entire year? That more than doubles last years total of 52 and 2013's total of 62.

DHS seems inflated due to attractions closing as well as the same reason - staffing manipulation.

318 days in for the years and I wanna beat my head against a wall. Wasn't it Tom Staggs that said the reason they did the Fantasyland expansion was an effort to reduce wait times after seeing something negative about MK in the summer in Oprah's magazine? Yet they turn around and use the NextGen project to develop staffing levels that keep lines artificially high.

Edit: These things make me angry for stupid reasons and is why I dont look hardcore at the numbers anymore.

It was obvious to ME at least that as soon as I saw the FP+ would be scheduled up to 60 days in advance that this would be a tool used by Disney to minimize staffing. I fix borked enterprise IT systems so I've seen them all and this was just another resource management system.

What happened to Disney being the gold standard IGER because Iger considers Wall St to be his prime customer the guests are there simply to provide money to funnel to 'the Street. Just look at @ParentsOf4 's graph as soon as Iger took over investment in the parks dropped to nothing and stock buybacks skyrocketed.

Zac Skellington

Today in front of Morocco, a fight nearly broke out without anyone from security every showing up. For nearly 4 minutes two drunks were screaming every banned word imaginable at some other dude for bumping into one of them. They've upped security at bag check, but can't deal with the local Florida trash...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Today in front of Morocco, a fight nearly broke out without anyone from security every showing up. For nearly 4 minutes two drunks were screaming every banned word imaginable at some other dude for bumping into one of them. They've upped security at bag check, but can't deal with the local Florida trash...

Did any guests try to break it up. Or did everyone just pull out their iPhones to record?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

The idea is to have guests experience a limited number of total attractions (rides) per day. This keeps the guests spending and actively in the parks for a longer period of time. This adds valuable meal, snack, and shopping time to the day. Remember, the goal is to get more out of each guests wallet. It also means they can run the staff levels much lower.

This is also reflected in the continued neglect of EPCOT as a whole. Why put money into the worlds most expensive cover charge mall when they can offer less and still set records at the cash register. Throw a couple of festivals per year to make the numbers, let the attractions rot and the total offerings dwindle. Less is more, just look at the new Colortopia exhibit.

DHS needs attractions badly. So badly, it was easier to convey the need by shutting down the outdated junk to bump the budget. After all the phases are fleshed out, we get 11 total attractions. The question is how many did we lose to get those?

There are a ton of negatives right now all across the WDW resort area. There are also so many positives on the horizon. Despite the naysayers, Pandora:The World of Avatar will be a stunning, immersive environment with 2 boundary pushing attractions. SWL in DHS will add back lost attraction capacity in it's own mind blowingly immersive environment. ToyStoryLand will give the kids 2 more attractions to stand in line for and eat up those valuable FP+s. Finally, the 2 unannounced areas will be fleshed out and revealed over the course of the next 2 years.

There is some plusing and other things at the other 2 parks, but the results of the next 4 years + will be something fun to see...

*1023*

Last edited:

stevehousse

The idea is too have guests experience a limited number of total attractions (rides) per day. This keeps the guests spending and actively in the parks for a longer period of time. This adds valuable meal, snack, and shopping time to the day. Remember, the goal is to get more out of each guests wallet. It also means they can run the staff levels much lower.

This is also reflected in the continued neglect of EPCOT as a whole. Why put money into the worlds most expensive cover charge mall when they can offer less and still set records at the cash register. Throw a couple of festivals per year to make the numbers, let the attractions rot and the total offerings dwindle. Less is more, just look at the new Colortopia exhibit.

DHS needs attractions badly. So badly, it was easier to convey the need by shutting down the outdated junk to bump the budget. After all the phases are fleshed out, we get 11 total attractions. The question is how many did we lose to get those?

There are a ton of negatives right now all across the WDW resort area. There are also so many positives on the horizon. Despite the naysayers, Pandora:The World of Avatar will be a stunning, immersive environment with 2 boundary pushing attractions. SWL in DHS will add back lost attraction capacity in it's own mind blowingly immersive environment. ToyStoryLand will give the kids 2 more attractions to stand in line for and eat up those valuable FP+s. Finally, the 2 unannounced areas will be fleshed out and revealed over the course of the next 2 years.

There is some plusing and other things at the other 2 parks, but the results of the next 4 years + will be something fun to see...

*1023*
Best thing I've heard in this thread in awhile! Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom