A Spirited Perfect Ten

FigmentJedi

the.dreamfinder

According to Bleeding Cool, Infinity War is gonna cost a pretty penny, with RDJ getting half of the whole actor budget
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10...1-and-2-have-a-budget-of-one-billion-dollars/

The RDJ thing wasn't a joke, was it?
Not sure how much I would trust that scoop since it appears to be scuttlebutt versus triple confirmed rumor reporting like El Miyambe or Devin Faraci, but that billion dollar production budget doesn't sound unrealistic.
Ultron's "official" production budget was $290 million plus $150-200 million to market. Multiply that by two films and you get a billion.

the.dreamfinder

What's wrong with Incredibles 2? That's the one people have been begging Pixar to do for over ten years now.
Just because people have been begging for something doesn't mean it should be made. Brad Bird is two years shy of 60, I don't want him wasting a considerable junk of the back half of his career, and life, making sequels to his earlier hits. I want more Brad Bird films that came from the place in his heart and mind that inspired him to make films like the Iron Giant or The Incredibles, not surface level attempts to recapture that magic for financial gain; even if he doesn't nail it like he did with Tomorrowland.

FigmentJedi

Just because people have been begging for something doesn't mean it should be made. Brad Bird is two years shy of 60, I don't want him wasting a considerable junk of the back half of his career, and life, making sequels to his earlier hits. I want more Brad Bird films that came from the place in his heart and mind that inspired him to make films like the Iron Giant or The Incredibles, not surface level attempts to recapture that magic for financial gain; even if he doesn't nail it like he did with Tomorrowland.
Brad's been wanting to do it for a long time. Loves the setting and had ideas for it, but was biding his time until he had a good story to house those ideas in.
It's not like the Cars movies where John's just pulling stuff out his butt or Finding Dory which is clearly Stanton's punishment for John Carter...

Rteetz

Disney release date update:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cars-3-incredibles-2-get-830474
Cars 3 (sigh) and Incredibles 2 (bigger sigh) get release dates; June 2017 and June 2019 respectively.
There's also a new Ant-Man film in development called "Ant-Man and the Wasp"
I'll sigh at cars 3 even tho that's been announced for a long time tho but incredibles 2 I'm interested to see what they will do with it. It was left open for a sequel by how it ended but it's still 4 years away. Coco is the only original Pixar movie planned after the Good Dinosaur...

the.dreamfinder

Brad's been wanting to do it for a long time. Loves the setting and had ideas for it, but was biding his time until he had a good story to house those ideas in.
It's not like the Cars movies where John's just pulling stuff out his butt or Finding Dory which is clearly Stanton's punishment for John Carter...
So don't think this film is being made as punishment for "Tomorrowland"?

Cesar R M

An offering from Disney Meetings available for purchase with the intended audience beingconvention attendees.
s8s0r.jpg

AEfx

What's wrong with Incredibles 2? That's the one people have been begging Pixar to do for over ten years now.

Yeah, out of all the Pixar stuff...Incredibles is the only one where I'm actually personally interested in a sequel. Way more than Toy Story 4, in fact.

FigmentJedi

Color me deeply skeptical.
I'm telling ya, he's been wanting to make it for about as long as he's been trying to get that 1906 Earthquake movie made. Incredibles 2's always come up in interviews and its always been in mind.

Stanton on the other hand was ready to go on a full John Carter trilogy, but then it failed, Finding Dory gets announced like less then a month afterwards. That's actually suspect. Add that Ellen's been campaigning for a sequel for quite some time and bam, a hasty new addition to the movie slate.

Smiddimizer

Disney release date update:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cars-3-incredibles-2-get-830474
Cars 3 (sigh) and Incredibles 2 (bigger sigh) get release dates; June 2017 and June 2019 respectively.
There's also a new Ant-Man film in development called "Ant-Man and the Wasp"

So I'm guessing they won't be making a habit of cranking out two movies per year...bit of a shame even though each movie probably needs as much time as it's getting. I know it's the cry being heard around the world but still, too many sequels, man.

the.dreamfinder

So I'm guessing they won't be making a habit of cranking out two movies per year...bit of a shame even though each movie probably needs as much time as it's getting. I know it's the cry being heard around the world but still, too many sequels, man.
The plan is for Pixar to alternate between a year where it releases one film and another with two. According to Ed Camull, we're supposed to get a sequel for every two original films. (Inside Out and Good Dinosaur -- Finding Dory)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom