A Spirited Perfect Ten

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
*****WANRNING......BORDERLINE TOPIC BELOW.....WARNING*****

Several different sources have been talking about Donald Trump and his partnership MNC Group. They are leading folks to the conclusion that a massive resort area of 6000 hectares (about 15000 acres) will include a Disneyland like Orlando (read:WDW) built in Bogor. There have been no official statements from Disney of course and lots of statements that could be misleading.

I nearly posted this in it's own thread (other parks area) but I haven't seen anything that really ties Disney to it. Do with it what you will...Only honest story take link below.

http://jakarta.coconuts.co/2015/09/...planning-building-disneyland-bogor-hary-tanoe

*1023*

Bairstow

Several different sources have been talking about Donald Trump and his partnership MNC Group. They are leading folks to the conclusion that a massive resort area of 6000 hectares (about 15000 acres) will include a Disneyland like Orlando (read:WDW) built in Bogor. There have been no official statements from Disney of course and lots of statements that could be misleading.

I nearly posted this in it's own thread (other parks area) but I haven't seen anything that really ties Disney to it. Do with it what you will...Only honest story take link below.

http://jakarta.coconuts.co/2015/09/...planning-building-disneyland-bogor-hary-tanoe

*1023*

From the article:

There have been multiple media headlines using the phrase “Disneyland Bogor” to describe the project. But nobody from MNC or Trump’s corners actually said they would be partnering up with the Walt Disney Company to bring a licensed Disneyland resort to Indonesia.

What might have gotten everybody excited about House of Mouse coming to Indonesia was something Hary Tanoe said about the project a while ago (as quoted by Aktualita): "We will develop it to be like Disneyland in Orlando in that it will be different from others, not like the residential superblock cities that are usually built by other developers."

This should have been the entire article.

TeriofTerror

*1023*
The phrase "delusions of grandeur" comes to mind. And while I'm on Star Wars quotes, there's a certain one about a fool and those who follow him. ;)

AEfx

If you are able to close entire sections of a park, you not only decrease personnel/utilities/maintenance expenses but you'll be able to let your construction contractors work around the clock, instead of just after hours.

Yeah, but is Disney willing to pay to get those workers working 'round the clock? Given the five years it took to build that little hill in Fantasyland, I have my severe doubts.

MaxW

haha nice run through @AEfx. But honestly i can see them toting the cost of round the clock construction, despite NFL's timeframe. So I hope SWL is closer to 2018 than 2020.

AEfx

haha nice run through @AEfx. But honestly i can see them toting the cost of round the clock construction, despite NFL's timeframe. So I hope SWL is closer to 2018 than 2020.

Well, I think you'll come out half-on that bet - since 2019 is pretty much what folks are saying now.

I hope you are correct, I do. I hope that Disney saw the general public go ga-ga over this, and realized that unlike those of us who come to a site like this, they are not going to have the patience to wait five years, and that the momentum will diminish if it doesn't open until after the last numbered film.

I won't get my expectations there, because there has just been a vast swath of history before us that shows otherwise, but I do hope for the best.

MaxW

@PhotoDave219 time to see if disney will deliver. i truly hold out hope they will, in a effort to capitalize on the new films. Also i think it'll take more than this IMO not great toy storyland to keep attendance at DHS from suffering. If a guest wasn't going to a park before, why would the addition of a few carnival-esque rides change that?

PhotoDave219

@PhotoDave219 time to see if disney will deliver. i truly hold out hope they will, in a effort to capitalize on the new films. Also i think it'll take more than this IMO not great toy storyland to keep attendance at DHS from suffering. If a guest wasn't going to a park before, why would the addition of a few carnival-esque rides change that?

Studios had a phenomenal summer and thats carried into this month. Frozen Fever seems to be working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom