A Spirited Perfect Ten

drew81

10968517_10103843160387622_3525045332473078004_n.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

Tomorrowland Superbowl ad is up

And here's Jurassic World

Couldn't care less if Tomorrowland is a good movie. But I REALLY hope it's a smash hit because a TL makeover in the style of the movie would look spectacular.

Ditto for Jurassic World for that matter. Would love to see the Jurasic Park area at IoA get a big dose of love. It's already lost 2 of its expansion pads to other movies - would hate to see it whittled down any more.

Last edited:

Mike S

Couldn't care less if Tomorrowland is a good movie. But I REALLY hope it's a smash hit because a TL makeover in the style of the movie would look spectacular.

Ditto for Jurassic World for that matter. Would love to see the Jurasic Park area at IoA get a big dose love. It's already lost 2 of its expansion pads to other movies - would hate to see it whittled down any more.
Agreed in both cases. I wouldn't mind at all if they did a complete overhaul of the Jurassic Park area to maximize space as needed.

Rodan75

In 2005, Iger came in and provided the type of corporate stewardship that was needed at that time. Iger brought calm to a company that was in chaos. As CEO, Iger has earned his pay. I think the obsession with Iger's compensation package is overblown.

The real question is whether Iger or his most commonly mentioned successors are right for the future of The Walt Disney Company. From this perspective, it might be a bit fairer to compare The Walt Disney Company with Apple.

This is the kind of dynamic performance today's investors want to see:

View attachment 80991

Since 2005, Apple’s revenue has increased from $13.9 billion to $182.8 billion, a compound annual growth rate of 33.1%.

With Iger, this is what they got:

View attachment 80992

Since 2005, Disney’s revenue has increased from $31.9 billion to $48.8 billion, a compound annual growth rate of 4.8%.

Many point to Disney President Frank Wells' death in 1994 as the beginning of Eisner's 'bad' years. Yet even during those 'bad' years, Eisner grew company revenue by a compound rate of 11.1% annually, more than double Iger's.

In 2005, Iger provided the rational mind and steady hand that the company needed. However, the need for that type of CEO has passed. Rasulo or Staggs would be more of the same. Disney needs dynamic leadership, not “Iger lite”.

Iger has been a fine administrator for the company as a whole but not a dynamic leader. The Walt Disney Company now needs a dynamic leader.

LoL. You are really working the repetition of that point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom