A Spirited Perfect Ten

Tony Perkis

What are you all talking about? He's been credited as Dwayne Johnson in nearly all of his recent projects, including his show Ballers.

I also think he is easily the best part of everything he's been in. He's the most charismatic action star out there today, and a very underrated comedic actor as well.

Goofyernmost

Haha, honestly - no, because I do try to avoid him when at all possible. But now that you say that it is funny that he was Dwayne for awhile and not again now (there is only one Dwayne for me, and that's Dwayne Wayne - pookie!!!).

Usually if I don't like someone I just don't pay attention, but he keeps crapping up, I mean...er, cropping up in everything (now he's in the DC films), and it's like "whaaaa?" He's the male Kristin Stewart. I don't know anyone that likes them, their behavior generally makes anyone who I know who does care want to slap them silly...it's like this great mystery of the universe.
You don't have to worry about him all that much. Before to long the steroids will have eaten away at most of his brain cells or some other vital parts of his body and he will be a star no longer. I did, however, like him in "Get Smart". I mean it was no Academy Award winning performance, but, he did alright.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Crystal Skull was decent.. until Shia crapped all over it lol
he looked sooo out of the movie when he was added.
Sort like a Fish in the middle of the desert.

Agreed, horrible casting choice.

Another movie which really is measurably bad is Quantum of Solace....I watched it when it first came out and was quite disappointed by it but couldn't explain why...then I saw a review on youtube which broke down WHY it was tremendously bad and it all made sense.

JoeCamel

You don't go into WWE looking to be a star, it is only for money. The roids take a toll to be that big. Rock is trying to make a transistion and has done really well making more money than most here will ever dream about. I can't fault him for getting while the getting is good. Talent aside he is worth more than anyone here I would wager

Phil12

It's because of a vast conspiracy involving Donald Trump, Josh Duggar, and Jared from Subway. Quid pro quo - she sold all three of them out to save herself from the controversy of "someone she knows socially took down a slanderous opinion piece written about Disney by someone who's family owns another company which in direct competition with them".

The highest of the highest levels of the WDC are watching this specific thread moment to moment, though - so we best keep quiet.
I can't help being a fan of spirited fiction.

rael ramone

Agreed, horrible casting choice.

Another movie which really is measurably bad is Quantum of Solace....I watched it when it first came out and was quite disappointed by it but couldn't explain why...then I saw a review on youtube which broke down WHY it was tremendously bad and it all made sense.

I disagree. The only EON Bond film I'd say that about is Die Another Day. QoS grows on you in a good way. 'We're everywhere' - Mr. White.

Summer films - bugs me that 'Love & Mercy' has only done 13.4 mil worldwide.

To tie this back to Disney - I hope they never get their hands on the Bond franchise. We don't need 15 different stories in the Bond universe featuring secondary characters...

PhotoDave219

234 days in and MK is pulling 40% peak crowds for the year. Heck, all the parks are pulling at least 25% peak crowds sofar. Its been rather unkind towards travelers seeking a relaxing, small crowd vacation.

School starts for Orange County tomorrow. Hang in there, CMs. It should almost be over.

Edit:

So I'm playing with my Excel toys here.... trying to make some sense of this. Trying to see what changed from last year to this year.

Two things leap off the page. One? The crowd pushed up. Days that were average last year are now peak. Off-peak has held pretty consistent with the past two years. Two? Its truly been the summer from hell. For example, last summer saw 14 peak days in June-Aug. This year? 62 (and counting).

Regular readers/followers know I've scratched my head trying to make heads and tails out of this all year. I have no idea why the Memorial Day crowds came and never left.

I'd like to think that there's some executive inside industrial engineering or forecasting thats just as dumbfounded as me as to why the crowd pushed upwards.

Last edited:

mightynine

234 days in and MK is pulling 40% peak crowds for the year. Heck, all the parks are pulling at least 25% peak crowds sofar. Its been rather unkind towards travelers seeking a relaxing, small crowd vacation.

School starts for Orange County tomorrow. Hang in there, CMs. It should almost be over.

Edit:

So I'm playing with my Excel toys here.... trying to make some sense of this. Trying to see what changed from last year to this year.

Two things leap off the page. One? The crowd pushed up. Days that were average last year are now peak. Off-peak has held pretty consistent with the past two years. Two? Its truly been the summer from hell. For example, last summer saw 14 peak days in June-Aug. This year? 62 (and counting).

Regular readers/followers know I've scratched my head trying to make heads and tails out of this all year. I have no idea why the Memorial Day crowds came and never left.

I'd like to think that there's some executive inside industrial engineering or forecasting thats just as dumbfounded as me as to why the crowd pushed upwards.

What if all those crowds heard there was a celebration at a Disney park this year and went to the wrong one?

I kid, I kid...

RSoxNo1

Jurassic World lost some of my interest as soon as the kids were cast. There was nothing wrong with the performances, its just a concept that's been done already and worked brilliantly in Jurassic Park because of the dynamic the two children had with Sam Neill's character. For me its a shame that the best they could come up with was another "kids lost in the park" subplot.

I enjoyed the film itself, it wasn't great but a solid enough addition to the franchise. The characters on the whole were quite bland though, Jurassic Park had characters like Muldoon and Gennaro who might not have had the most screen time but were still clearly defined and added something. With Jurassic World it felt like they were checking off stereotypes derived from the first film; awkward control room analyst, naive but well-meaning billionaire entrepreneur, siblings with divorcing parents, head of security who under-estimates the dinosaurs to his cost, etc. At times it just felt too much like a homage to the first film than an attempt to further the story further.

The direction in which the story is heading seems obvious but its not one that appeals to me so while I enjoyed Jurassic World, I'm not particularly enthusiastic about what I think is coming in the next installment in the franchise.
The older brother was the worst part of the movie, the younger brother was better, but only by comparison. Jurassic World was flawed, but it was also a really fun movie and it had everything I wanted in a Jurassic Park movie.

Cosmic Commando

Edit:

You should e-mail the guys over at Touring Plans and see if they way they determine the crowd calendar has changed at all.

PhotoDave219

What if all those crowds heard there was a celebration at a Disney park this year and went to the wrong one?

I kid, I kid...

This summer has been brutal for MK and to a lesser extent DHS.

During the last earnings call, they suggested attendance growth of 4% at the domestic parks. Looks a little bit more than that.

At the end of June, I said that 30% peak days at MK for the year seemed unsustainable. Would be around 108 or so total. Now? Sheesh. Very reachable.

And 30% peak days for MK would double what they pulled at MK last year.

Next Big Thing

Except when Jay Rasulo is in charge...
Cinderella's Chateau
Briar Rose's Cottage
Flamingo Crossings
Hyperion Wharf
Pop Century, the Legendary Years
I'd argue Cinderella's Chateau not being built was for the better (we got SDMT instead), Flamingo Crossings is actually sort of slowly humming along now with hotels and some retail being built, Hyperion Wharf transformed into Disney Springs and The Legendary years was a direct result of 9/11. And it did end up getting finished as Art of Animation.

Sometimes people change their minds, especially when it's something being physically built and meant to last a long time. You want to get it right. I just don't see much weight behind your arguments there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom